• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Hospital seeks Court Order for c-section against mother's wishes

He3

Saturday Court application by Waterford Regional Hospital, mother disputing due date, had prior section. Doctors say risk of harm to both.

"The court heard the woman, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, gave birth by caesarean section in 2010. That procedure left a scar on the woman's uterus, and if ruptured during a natural delivery, there would be a risk to the woman and her baby. The court heard that if the uterus was to rupture there would be “very grave risk” to the unborn baby.

The baby could die or have severe brain damage and the mother herself could be at risk of a haemorrhage. The woman told doctors she would like to deliver naturally but that if there was an emergency over the weekend, she would consent to a caesarean section.

However, a consultant obstetrician who gave evidence by telephone said she was now vacillating between allowing a caesarean on Sunday or Monday. “I advised her strongly to have a caesarean section”."

Hospital asks court to force woman to have caesarean - Crime & Law News from Ireland & Abroad | The Irish Times - Sat, Mar 09, 2013

Frank Galton

She has now consented.

Woman consents to emergency Caesarean section - RTÉ News

I thought standard medical advice was that once one C-section has taken place, subsequent deliveries should also be by C-section.

Government may be relieved not to have more court weighing of rights to life of mother and child.

PUFF DADDY

She has now consented.

I thought standard medical advice was that once one C-section has taken place, subsequent deliveries should also be by C-section.

Government may be relieved not to have more court weighing of rights to life of mother and child.
Glad she consented and taken the obvious route. You though can have a natural birth after a c.section nowadays, I had a natural birth after my 1st which was a section, though third was a section too and was told then, if I had any more that yes it would be a section.

sadmal

She has now consented.

Not true, many woman who had one c-section went on to have natural births afterwards. C-sections also carry risks.