• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

House Prices Continue Rise In Ireland - Here Comes The CSO Boom October 2012

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

December 31 Mortgage Interest relief deadline is looming behind these figures and generating a little market upswing. Digging out 400k-500k for a dwelling in Dublin seems to be the going rate these days. Will the market hold in 2013 or will we see a Mortgage Interest relief compensation adjustment on 1 of January 2013?

House prices in Ireland are still among the highest in the eurozone, last but not least because of high salaries in the public sector and the private sector including MNCs. The 2013 budget could bring a major adjustment to these figure or will house prices always be kept above a certaoin threshold by the likes of NAMA and mortage banks?

flibbles

Nama and the banks will try to keep the prices propped up for as long as they can, but they've still got a long way to go before leveling off.

brughahaha

A quick look on Myhome -dublin , asking prices of +€ 300,000 for very ordinary houses in very ordinary locations would imply the alleged drop of 55% is not being reflected in asking prices

Dame_Enda

I've noticed rural homes in Co,Wexford priced for double or triple their urban counterparts. I was viewing a rural house on the market last week and she wanted €240,000 for it.

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

Nama and the banks will try to keep the prices propped up for as long as they can, but they've still got a long way to go before leveling off.
I did say so as well for the last 2 years but I don't see the major adjustments that are required to make this a buyers market. I mean how many people get a 400k mortgage these days? Don't get this wrong but I think another 50% from current levels might be desirable from real world economic point of view. That's a 75% drop from peak level in February 2007, so far we are "only" down 56%. Another 19% drop is not possible next year with the new budget adjustments.

Last edited:

theObserver@hotmail.com

I've noticed rural homes in Co,Wexford priced for double or triple their urban counterparts. I was viewing a rural house on the market last week and she wanted €240,000 for it.
Wexford was always over priced. There's two bed apartments along Wexford Quay with a 200grand price tag.

Ribeye

Snigger:)

Our real economic crash hasn't even happened yet,

But it's comin,

The entire European economy is completely fake,

Discussing Irish property prices is about as useful as discussing Berlin house house prices as the Russian rockets rained down!

Truth.ie

House prices are now on parity with house prices in the 6 Counties.
Oh the humanity!!!:lol:

fiobi

I dont know where you are looking in wexford but here are a few gems. You could not buy a site and build any of these for the prices they are now being sold at. Remember for new houses 13.5% VAT is included which the builder would not get and materials and county council levys and ESB and Water connections have not reduced in price at all since the crash. No builder would dream of starting to build any new houses now as they would be planning to make a loss and anyway no bank would lend them the money to as they know they would make a loss.

No 2 Ballinacoola, Gorey, Co. Wexford - House For Sale 200k asking price
"Mount Cashel" , Inch, Blackwater, Co. Wexford - House For Sale 96K asking price
34a Redmond Cove. Redmond Road., Wexford Town, Co. Wexford - Apartment For Sale 79k asking price for 2 bed apt in wexford town
Knocknaskeagh, Boolavogue, Co. Wexford - House For Sale 199K asking price
Pooldoon, Foulksmills, Co. Wexford - Bungalow For Sale 129K asking price
Milltown House, Ballycullane, Co. Wexford - House For Sale 160K asking price for 2000 sq feet
4 Woodview, Kilbride, Ballaghkeen, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford - House For Sale 145k asking price
Ballinellard, Blackwater, Co. Wexford - Bungalow For Sale 165K asking price
'Serenity', Balloughton, Wellington Bridge, Co. Wexford - House For Sale 150K asking price