Houses of the Oireachtas Publishes Attendance Records of Members

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
what exact days did these tds miss, want to how they are recorded, ah it was Monday April 19 to Thursday April 22, and o'keefe is not listed present on those days

Four TDs granted expenses exemption - RT News

want to see how they are recorded, but it says it will rectify those legitimately missed days at and of year.

im very surprised each day is listed, thought it would just be a total.

makingjam

Interesting that despite Jim Mcdaid being a sitting TD for the entire period here, he had (as usual) by far the worst attendance record in the Dail, with total attendances for allowance purposes at just 38.

laidback

Interesting, but what does it mean?

They only clock in - they don't have to clock out so how much time to they spend there.

What (if anything) prevents a colleague or secretary etc clocking in for a politician?

These records relate to the 8 months from 1/3/2010 to 31/10/2010. There were only 59 sitting days in this period.

Bertie Ahern clocked up 100 attendances - more than Enda Kenny (97), Eamonn Gilmore (95), michael noonan (85), Willie O'dea (62) and Jim McDaid (38).

From a quick look, 100 seems to be the maximum attendance anyone clocked up - presumably this is the total no of days the Dail was open (as opposed to sitting) in this period. So Bertie had a perfect attendance - would be interesting to know what he was actually doing.

Asparagus

Bertie Ahern out attended Enda Kenny.
Despite attending 12 less days...

da Bert -
Sitting days attendance recorded on system 46/59
Total number of sitting days in the period 59
Total attendances recorded for allowance purposes in
the period 100
Enda Kenny -
Sitting days attendance recorded on system - 58/59

Total number of sitting days in the period 59
Total attendances recorded for allowance purposes in
the period 97
oh it makes sense i am sure - on oz

eoinquilter

How the hell can Bertie attend 100 times in 59 sitting days?? Is this a before and after lunch clocking system??

Neilob

It's absolutely impossible to distil this information without taking the time to crunch it. It's utterly incomprehensible, but I suppose a start. The other missive in the stats is what exactly constitutes 'attendance'? It is defined in the document as signing in 'by means of an electronic System for Recording Attendance (SRA) or signing a Daily Attendance Record located in the One Stop Shop. Members can register their attendance once daily at any time during the day or evening when Leinster House is open'.

Gosh that would be great, I could just turn up to work, sign my name in the book and feck off to the pub or the Law Library for the day. What I would be interested in seeing is attendance in the Houses of the Oireactas - all you have to do is turn on your television to see that: an empty Chamber more often than not. I would also be interested in analysis on parliamentary contribution. Funnily enough I am less concerned about expense payments than I am about Deputies knuckling down and doing their job as legislators rather than operators of the Parish pump. This, of course, is qualified and I am dismayed by hats being hired for the Mrs during Cheltenham Races. There are no stats yet for attendence in the Chamber, and probably never will.

Barnacle

How the hell can Bertie attend 100 times in 59 sitting days?? Is this a before and after lunch clocking system??
Awful lot of days to keep your mouth shut. Don't think Bertie has spoken or raised any PQ's for over two years.

Mushroom

It's fully explained at the bottom of the page.

If Bertie simply dropped in to Leinster House for a dump on any day that it was open, then he was "in attendance" for that day.

The Leinster House attendance system - designed by a Committee of Gobsh1tes for the use of con-men (of both sexes).

laidback

The Leinster House attendance system - designed by a Committee of Gobsh1tes for the use of con-men (of both sexes).
Beautifully put mushroom!

Its a cross party committee which includes Pat Rabitte and its name is the Houses of the Oireachtas Commission. THEY make the rules for themselves, and this will not change in the budget. There will be minor salary changes in the budget but they will not touch their ludicrous unvouched expenses on the grounds that the expenses system was reformed this year. The clocking in system was part of the 'reforms.'

atlantic

I can't make head nor tail of this ,is it meant to confuse people.

stanley

Has been said several times on this site Ahern's driver is allowed to clock in for him as are the driver's of other Ministers, no way is Ahern about every sitting day, he only comes in if called for a definite vote.

Akrasia

Ahern has been missing 85% of the Dail votes since he 'resigned'
If he has a 100% attendance record, why only attend 15% of votes?

http://www.politics.ie/oireachtas/65562-ahern-misses-85pc-dail-votes-since-leaving-office.html

I know Ahern is old news now and there are more pressing issues, but one way to save some money would be to get this guy done for fraud and lock him up and take away his pension and benefits.

His best pal Callely hasn't bothered paying back any of his fraudulent expenses either. They're laughing at us.

richtom

It's fully explained at the bottom of the page.

If Bertie simply dropped in to Leinster House for a dump on any day that it was open, then he was "in attendance" for that day.
hahahahaaaa- and how much would that be worth on a daily basis ???
the affairs of state --hahahaa

donald

What does it matter now. Better off keeping them away from the place. Look what theyve done. Delivered us into the arms of the IMF. We now depend on the kindness of strangers. Turns out they are strangers demanding a very high price for their kindness. What time the Default?.

stanley

Ahern has been missing 85% of the Dail votes since he 'resigned'
If he has a 100% attendance record, why only attend 15% of votes?

http://www.politics.ie/oireachtas/65562-ahern-misses-85pc-dail-votes-since-leaving-office.html

I know Ahern is old news now and there are more pressing issues, but one way to save some money would be to get this guy done for fraud and lock him up and take away his pension and benefits.

His best pal Callely hasn't bothered paying back any of his fraudulent expenses either. They're laughing at us.

Would not concede Ahern is old news all you have to do is look behind Biffo and you will see whose hand is up his arse, Biffo's temperment and arrogance is classic Ahern, when in doubt attack the Opposition through a divide and conquer strategy.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies