How Bad is "Bad Fellahs"?

Luigi Vampa

M&A Kelly were good at the protection though.

We had an attempted break-in in a bar I worked at, when we were using M&A. Called the lads. They went away and came back half an hour later. Said they found the attempted burglar and he would not be bothering us again.

Heard one story where the lads were "protecting" a hardware store. The warehouse of the store was burgled. The owner called the lads. Ant'ny answered. When the owner said he had been robbed, Ant'ny said "************************, was that your shop? We'll drop them back in half an hour"..
You don't really get the racket bit of protection racket do you ?

Grumpy Jack

Did anyone else's blood boil at the sight of Wayne Dundon strutting around has if he owned the place.

He should be behind bars for the rest of his life - hopefully the gardai in Limerick hassle and harrass him until he does get him self locked up.

I hope wherever he, his scumbag brothers and all the rest of his so-called 'gang' go they meet those armed gardai in the black battlegear. A good taze now and then would be an added bonus.

As for the idea that the State paid a gangster to 'protect' premises and people from the very same gangster and his pals - is it any wonder this country is in the mess it's in now? I certainly see now where FF got the idea from - we've been paying them to f**k us for years.

Abacus

Bad Fellas showed crime under the three broad crime categories viz., :
1 > Subversive crime. 2 > Drugs Crime. 3 > Organised Crime.
Not sure if that's the way the Gardai would categorise it but tha's what came across
to me from watching this.
Maybe the ex drug cop was right .....we should go easier on the pot smokers or do I understand him right.....? Is that what he meant ??

onlyasking

Whatever about 'Bad Fellas' I feel a bit of queasiness about the proliferation of drama docs about celebrated murders (or, as the barrel empties, increasingly obscure murders). RTÉ started the ball rolling over a decade ago with a harmless enough thing called Thou Shalt Not Kill. I say harmless because most of the cases were far enough back in time to have lost their sting. No one is going to get upset about Nurse Cradden, for example.
But the formula was there for cheap, lurid TV and so now we have re-enactments of killings as recent as a couple of years ago. How must relatives feel about this crappy tabloid TV?
True Detective, True Crime etc etc.

I suppose it's just more in the line of 'reality TV'. Death as entertainment. We're a strange species.

Abacus

Perhaps it's high time we had a national debate on the insidious growth of organised crime gangs and their influence here but I suppose that the economic meltdown will command the airwaves for a bit longer.
Hhhhmmm...I can see the parallels in that comment too even as I write it.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies