How bad is RTE?

gijoe

I heard mulally droning on, and on.

What an insufferable yoke.
That one really needs a good pounding..........hang on I better withdraw that in case I get accused of homophobic bullying etc with her being a lesbian and all......

SayItAintSo

RTE radio 1 - Marty Morrissey is hosting a programme which is supposed to be light. Instead, we have Una moaning about women's status and how she is going to continue banging the drum. Awful stuff, following on from general disavowal and poo-pooing of Brexit, Trump for the umpteenth time. Is this what we are expected to digest on the first day of 2018? Positivity it ain't.
Had the misfortune to hear some of that this morning. What a load of tripe from Mullaly, no changes for the New Year there obviously!

Dr Pat

No, Marty, you did not give us food for 'happy thought', as you term it. It was more of the usual serving of virtue-signalling nonsense that RTE seems intent on broadcasting to the listening public.

constitutionus

RTE radio 1 - Marty Morrissey is hosting a programme which is supposed to be light. Instead, we have Una moaning about women's status and how she is going to continue banging the drum. Awful stuff, following on from general disavowal and poo-pooing of Brexit, Trump for the umpteenth time. Is this what we are expected to digest on the first day of 2018? Positivity it ain't.
I had to turn off (and I'm a radio junkie)

Fuk me I've not heard such ignorance in an age. It was actually repulsive listening. Power in particular is STILL not over trump /brexit and mulally is clearly insane.

Weirdly it was almost like the mask came off the "Liberals" to show the ugliness of these people.

The sheer hate on display for democracy was revealing. I want to say power was lying about the reason for the brexit result but the ignoramus probably BELIEVES what she's saying.

Towering Arrogance to put it mildly

If this was meant to be light or tongue in cheek it failed miserably.

2018 with this lot will be a riot of bruised egos

Last edited:

Notachipanoaktree

I wonder how much of the CIA budget goes into stirring these Fn Neoliberals up. I'd have thought that Iran would have swept up all the loose change. Seemingly not even a dent in the budget. Power to buy was a very weak opening gambit to start with.

How much is the CIA paying you to create your own little stimulus package, eh?

Analyzer

News Years Resolution suggestion - opt out of the PRAVDA-rte TV loop.

I decided on it 4 years ago. And I have kept it up every year since.

It is part of my 'as little TV as possible' approach.

The result - lots of free time.

carlovian

You left a programme on that had Marry Morrisey presenting ?

On New Years Day ?

D

Deleted member 45466

Turn it off.

Spirit Of Newgrange

BBc is way better for production quality and documentaries. But both BBC and RTE suffer a massive dose of PC madness to ram multiculturalism down our throat.

valamhic

All there is is the weather forecast. After that it is truly shocking. They don't know and they don't want to know. Broadcasts are kept to a narrow politically correct nanny state limit. There is no comedy, no alternative opinion and the promotion of Fine Gael at the Irish Arm of the US Democratic Party.

benroe

I'd love to comment but I haven't watched or listened to RTE in years, maybe thats why i'm so well informed :lol:

razorblade

Bloody awful agenda driven station i tend to switch off apart from the odd documentary or two which admittedly can be quite enjoyable but the vast majority of its output is not worth watching.

D

Deleted member 45466

I'd turn it on to watch the 6N, but that torch has been passed to TV3 (another shower of gobdaws).

I guess the easiest way of demonstrating that you're not happy with their output (which you pay for), is not to pay the license fee.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies