How can Dominos keep boom prices?

Wakeupcall

Called Dominos today for the first time in 2 years to see what I could order.

Was quoted €16 for a small 9" pizza & can of coke. I didnt take up the offer as a local and much nicer pizza deliver service will give a 10" with any proper side & coke for €11 once they open at 3pm.

I sent them a quick mail after my surprise. I also make a good wage but simply could not justify a pizza for €16 which is the same if not more than boom prices.

Sent them a little email also:

Today I called your store to place an order for some pizzas at 1.30pm.

I was quoted €16 for a small pizza (Deluxe) with a "free" can of coke.

Needless to say I didn’t take up the offer and instead decided to wait for an hour so that the locally run xxxxx will deliver. They will give a bigger, nicer pizza with a can of coke and any side of my choosing for €11. I would even pay them more as what you get is immense value.

Dominos was my regular for several years, not any longer. The only reason you had a chance to win back my custom today was because xxxxx don’t deliver as early as you (by 2 hours only).

We are starving but willing to wait for value and quality rather than overpriced (greasy in comparison) food.
Lol :) Its crazy what hunger can do to you

Berty

quackquack is right.

And junk food seems to thrive in a recession.

Price of sausages always rises in a recession.....

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
Apache had great voucher deals on the go during the summer, but has seriously cut back on the offers. And I'm almost sure prices have gone up.

People aren't dining out, they're ordering in, and as demand goes up, so do prices.

TradCat

I find if you tell them you have a two for one offer they never check.

Interista

I know it's not really the point but Dominos pizza are really nasty, American-style cardboard wedges.

Wakeupcall

Well I get fast food every fortnight or so and €16 for a small pizza is insane.

Wakeupcall

Buying a pizza at a store,and cooking it in the oven or microwave is so much cheaper. I can get a pizza that serves 2 people for about 2.17 euros here.
Goodfellas, Dr Oetker and most of those pizzas are desperate bad. Most of them make me heave if I try to eat them :)

Master Debater

I order Dominos when I am too hungover to move off the chair. It's ridiculously expensive alright, but I am prepared to pay a bit extra to have hot food delivered to the door....

Interista

I keep getting an ad for Pizza Hut every time I access this page. Ugh. A travesty which doesn't even deserve to use the word 'pizza' in its name. I would prefer a half-decent shop (not 'store' - is this the US?!?) pizza than Domino's or Pizza Hut crap, and it's much cheaper too. But nothing compares to a genuine thin based, oven baked Italian pizza.

drjimryan2

aldi......

2 fillet steaks - 12.99
carrot and parsnip tray - 79c
2.5 kg potatoes - 1.49..............

glow of contentment that you have created a fab meal for under €16....priceless....

juanpablo

You can be sure Dominos will cut their staffs Minimum wage but keep their prices the same.

Interista

aldi......

2 fillet steaks - 12.99
carrot and parsnip tray - 79c
2.5 kg potatoes - 1.49..............

glow of contentment that you have created a fab meal for under €16....priceless....
With 2.5 kg of potatoes, you'll have fed an army!

hammer

Much better fun than "derivatives"

Maybe they should introduce a pizza tax - go towards the Health Service next year :) :)

Wakeupcall

Id pay €16 in an Italian restaurant for a good pizza, not Dominos :)

Pizza's can be healthy if made right also by the way :)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies