How can the Single Party (FF) State be ended?

petervalhala

FF have already bankrupted the country, for the third time.
No they doubled the number of people at work and brought long overdue peace to this country.

They are now responding to the ever changing world economic situation by making the hard (and unpopular) decisions to protect this country and its people, all of them, even the likes of you.

Digout

No they doubled the number of people at work and brought long overdue peace to this country.

They are now responding to the ever changing world economic situation by making the hard (and unpopular) decisions to protect this country and its people, all of them, even the likes of you.
They doubled unemployment in 12 months. They created the economic mess when they facilitated the theft of billions from the people of Ireland through the property bubble they created.

petervalhala

They doubled unemployment in 12 months. They created the economic mess when they facilitated the theft of billions from the people of Ireland through the property bubble they created.
So its just an Irish problem is it?

So why are the G20 meeting in London? The worst WORLD economic crisis in a century might have something to do with it

FF lead governments created and managed the economic circumstances that doubled the number of people at work, and are now making the neccessary and unpopular decisions to ensure this country survives the world economic crisis

Digout

So its just an Irish problem is it?

So why are the G20 meeting in London? The worst WORLD economic crisis in a century might have something to do with it

FF lead governments created and managed the economic circumstances that doubled the number of people at work, and are now making the neccessary and unpopular decisions to ensure this country survives the world economic crisis
The problem is a lot worse in Ireland than elsewhere. They are not making the neccessary decisions either. Far from it in fact.

code twinkle

explain to me why ireland, small open servicebased economy is now the undisputed basketcase of the EU with more than one in ten people out of a job, INDEFINITELY,

whereas denmark, small open servicebased economy is now dealing with exact same "ever changing world economic situation" with plenty of exchequer resources and moderate, almost negligable impact on the populations living standards.

Two words for you BERTIE AND COWEN AND THEIR KLEPTOCRATIC QUICK BUCK SELF-INTERESTED SPEND TODAY STARVE TOMORROW AS LONG AS THE 1% IN THE GOLDEN CIRCLE ARE OK policies.

Have you ANY other explanation? Didn't think so.

Question R24U

explain to me why ireland, small open servicebased economy is now the undisputed basketcase of the EU with more than one in ten people out of a job, INDEFINITELY,

whereas denmark, small open servicebased economy is now dealing with exact same "ever changing world economic situation" with plenty of exchequer resources and moderate, almost negligable impact on the populations living standards.

Two words for you BERTIE AND COWEN AND THEIR KLEPTOCRATIC QUICK BUCK SELF-INTERESTED SPEND TODAY STARVE TOMORROW AS LONG AS THE 1% IN THE GOLDEN CIRCLE ARE OK policies.

so what are you going to do about it? Please also ignore PV.

code twinkle

so what are you going to do about it? Please also ignore PV.

Vote as I would usually in the locals except I won't be giving the usual transfer to the GP. Continue to lambast anyone I know about my Tax-a-FF-voter proposal, and about the inequities of FF generally. Canvass for my local Lab candidates.

Possibly join any coup attempt orchestrated by Digout if he goes through with it any day soon...

What other options do I have?

code twinkle

Good point. I'm thinking the only way is to have an ABFF campaign.
I see your logic but I'd have a very hard time voting for a Green at this point.

petervalhala

The problem is a lot worse in Ireland than elsewhere. They are not making the neccessary decisions either. Far from it in fact.
Of course it is, we are one of the most open economies in the world and therefore benefit most when the world economy is performing well; and also suffer most when it doesn't - simple mathematics.

Last edited:

petervalhala

Digout - don't feed the troll. This thread is about how to get ff out, not why.
Wikipedia - An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community

Sounds like someone who ignores the repeated decisions of the people in an elected democracy, who elect a democratic political party.

I wonder if such people have the abiliity to consider what would happen to them in a real single party state.

Luckily we live in a functioning democracy that protects the rights of everyone to express a view, no matter how perverse it is.

petervalhala

See my earlier post re one of the most open economies in the world - simple maths, something I see you are sadly lacking by the word count after your "TWO WORDS" comment :)

99% of Irish people benefited from the Celtic Tiger, of course some did more than others, some through luck, but most due to hard work.

You might also want to look at what's happened in the Iceland and what the G20 are doing

Digout

99% of Irish people benefited from the Celtic Tiger, of course some did more than others, some through luck, but most due to hard work.
Once again, factually incorrect. The only people who benefited were those who built the houses and got out on time. The average slave who bought over priced shoe boxes over the last 4 years is now in negative equity.

Take a bow FF, ye have ruined the lives of many.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Speaking for myself as someone who has never voted Rainbow in a GE, I would have to be persuaded that at the very least, a Rainbow govt would not introduce an even more liberal asylum and immigration system than we have at present. That is the key from my point of view. I flirted with the Opposition from 2004-6 after FG acquiesced in the Citizenship Referendum and Pat Rabbitte called for tighter immigration-controls on the Accession states in 2006, but was scared off when FG called for asylum-seekers to get the right to work and Richard Bruton called for immigrants to get the vote in a GE, as well as the lack of support for Rabbitte's views within the Labour party. And even if they reassure me on this issue, it will only be enough if FF are still presiding over the extinction of the Celtic Tiger at the next GE. I am of the view that considering the closeness of the last GE, people sharing my concerns on this matter decided the outcome, either in 1st preferences or transfers.

petervalhala

Once again, factually incorrect. The only people who benefited were those who built the houses and got out on time. The average slave who bought over priced shoe boxes over the last 4 years is now in negative equity.
FACTUALLY INCORRECT - such a comment coming from you? I nearly pissed myself reading that.

So ok, lets see your FACTS. Post real links, not your endlessing ravings.

Slaves? Precisely define what section of society you are referring to please.

As a matter of interest are you working, if so private or public sector? Also are you a member of any political party?

Digout

As a matter of interest are you working, if so private or public sector? Also are you a member of any political party?
I have my own business, and I am not a member of or a supporter of any political party. I have respect for honest politicans from any side. FF is not exactly full of honest people.

code twinkle

See my earlier post re one of the most open economies in the world - simple maths, something I see you are sadly lacking by the word count after your "TWO WORDS" comment :)

You might also want to look at what's happened in the Iceland and what the G20 are doing
Remind me again why we are we one of the "most open economies in the world" (read - unbalanced) with an utter deficit of indigenous enterprise despite lots of capital and a young highly educated workforce? Oh yeah, that'd be FF policies of the last 15 years wouldn't it?

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
In 2007, ff td ivor callaly got over 20% of the first preference but because sfa of the green and labour votes went to him, finian mcgrath doubled his final count vote from his first count tally and was elected. Callaly was the highest vote getting loser.
Obviously cyp brady would be in danger. As would second seats all over the country.
well he's was marginal was he not, obviously unpopular you have to show how you can get a bigger target them him

petervalhala

Remind me again why we are we one of the "most open economies in the world" (read - unbalanced) with an utter deficit of indigenous enterprise despite lots of capital and a young highly educated workforce? Oh yeah, that'd be FF policies of the last 15 years wouldn't it?
Yet another raving post devoid of facts.

For your information across all sectors, over 60% of employment is in workplaces where less than 50 people are employed.

See the FACTS for yourself - CSO - News and Events: Press Releases : Small Business in Ireland

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies