How come Noonan hasn't resigned or been sacked yet?

Disillusioned democrat

So the C&AG report is now "official" and the government isn't "opposed" to an inquiry.

Given Noonan defended and shielded this for the past 6 months, can someone explain to me why he hasn't resigned or been sacked?

Nama lost €220m on North property deals, C&AG finds

Disillusioned democrat

This is Ireland
Even so....the C&AG is one of the few bastions of proprietary in Ireland and by all accounts the government has accepted its findings....€190m píssed away by NAMA in a very, very dubious deal (from the outset) and Noonan gets to pretend it never happened?????

asset test

It's all grand. If Nama had held off for a better offer they would have lost millions due to the Sterling collapse after Brexit. :p

So they made sure Brexit was the result.

Simple. That's going to be their defence I'd hazard a guess.

Disillusioned democrat

It's all grand. If Nama had held off for a better offer they would have lost millions due to the Sterling collapse after Brexit. :p

So they made sure Brexit was the result.

Simple. That's going to be their defence I'd hazard a guess.
The problem for them is that the process was flawed from the start and they cannot deny they were aware.

There were conflicts of interest and red flags in abundance, so whatever about the commercial "reality" of what may have been, they basically flouted the rules.

Accidental sock

Ah, sure the State's found more than that down the back of the sofa.

Disillusioned democrat

''they basically flouted the rules.''

Never !
Point being they couldn't be held accountable for the price if they had made the process LOOK fair and transparent, but they didn't even do that and now a highly reputable, highly respected and credible government agency has pointed out the deficiencies in their processes and everyone is pretending like it's nothing. Sadly the MSM here will help them maintain the "nothing to see here" deception.

devoutcapitalist

The sad thing for me is that I actually welcomed FG into government in 2011, expecting them to be a breath of fresh air...what a muppet.
They are a posher version of FF when It comes to cronyism and far more self righteous than the FFers.

At least with FF they are shameless about cronyism.

ShoutingIsLeadership

The real story is Mick Noonan's political (not economic) decision to accelerate the wind-down of NAMA. This has accelerated the sale of assets, and reduced the money made on the sales.

But sure NAMA made a profit.

devoutcapitalist

The real story is Mick Noonan's political (not economic) decision to accelerate the wind-down of NAMA. This has accelerated the sale of assets, and reduced the money made on the sales.

But sure NAMA made a profit.
Didn't Noonan state that NAMA was going to be wound down by 2018 instead of 2020 as planned originally by Brian Lenihan?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies