• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

How do we stop Fianna Fáil

exileinleinster

How do we stop Fianna Fáil ever getting into power again and making sure the architects of this nations downfall face justice

Pauli

Proscribe it.

Mushroom

How do we stop Fianna Fáil ever getting into power again and making sure the architects of this nations downfall face justice
To be 100% sure of success, we'd need to exterminate the 25% of our population that makes up Ireland's cretin belt, plus their numerous offspring (Irish cretins tend to breed like rabbits). Alas, in our PC world, that's an unlikely prospect.

exileinleinster

FF voters need to be treated the same as people who support other crazy political parties like the BNP,Republican Sinn Féin or the Tooting popular peoples front

exileinleinster

To be 100% sure of success, we'd need to exterminate the 25% of our population that makes up Ireland's cretin belt, plus their numerous offspring (Irish cretins tend to breed like rabbits). Alas, in our PC world, that's an unlikely prospect.
Do you have a final solution for the FF problem?

Biffomania

How do we stop Fianna Fáil ever getting into power again and making sure the architects of this nations downfall face justice:

1. Make it a criminal offence for politicians to lie for three months prior to elections.

2. Make it a criminal offence for politicians to make promises which are undeliverable.

3. Make it a criminal offence for any potential Taoiseach or Minister for Health to be obese and/or to suffer from hoarseness and/or congestion and/or be subject to periodic attacks of confluences of events.

4. Make it a criminal offence for any potential Minister of Finance to be incapable of simple addition and substraction.

Cael

The only way you can stop FF or FG coming to power again, is to take the power from those they work for, i.e. the landed oligarchy. You need to get it into your head that FF have no power at all. FF exercise no power at all. They are merely a front organisation for the real rulers of Ireland, i.e. the landowners and their bankers.

farnaby

Give courts, a special council and/or the presidency the power to determine if government party actions breach article 45 of the constitution (directive principles of social policy), and punish them for doing so same as for any other breach of the constitution.

The State shall strive to promote the welfare of the whole people by securing and protecting as effectively as it may a social order in which justice and charity shall inform all the institutions of the national life.
2. The State shall, in particular, direct its policy towards securing:
i. That the citizens (all of whom, men and women equally, have the right to an adequate means of livelihood) may through their occupations find the means of making reasonable provision for their domestic needs.
ii. That the ownership and control of the material resources of the community may be so distributed amongst private individuals and the various classes as best to subserve the common good.
iii. That, especially, the operation of free competition shall not be allowed so to develop as to result in the concentration of the ownership or control of essential commodities in a few individuals to the common detriment.
iv. That in what pertains to the control of credit the constant and predominant aim shall be the welfare of the people as a whole.
v. That there may be established on the land in economic security as many families as in the circumstances shall be practicable.
Through their preference for, bail outs of and downright corruption with the construction, property and banking sectors, FF have clearly breached ii-v in intention as well as outcome. It is currently for the Oireachtas to decide if article 45 has been breached and what to do about it, but with a majority in place the govt will be able to deny it/survive a vote. A small constitutional change by the next non-FF government could bring govt policy under scrutiny from other powers and make parties liable for clear intentions to breach this constitutional article.

controller

Come election time, have a hurley behind the door. After the knock on the door, your FF candidate will say "Hi, I'm A.N.Other, and I'm running on behalf of FF". At this stage, take out your Hurley, inform the said candidate, I want you off my property before I count to 5, or I'll assume that you are a trespasser and thief. 1....2....3...

FakeViking

Come election time, have a hurley behind the door. After the knock on the door, your FF candidate will say "Hi, I'm A.N.Other, and I'm running on behalf of FF". At this stage, take out your Hurley, inform the said candidate, I want you off my property before I count to 5, or I'll assume that you are a trespasser and thief. 1....2....3...
The average FFer will morph into an "Independent" candidate next time out in a shallow attempt to save their own skin.

sport02

Some of the FF TD'S are going to have to organise security, in some places when they go out canvassing, they deserve everything they get.

showbandmanager

If FF get back in next time we might as well give up , forget about anymore elections and let them at it forever

DCon

For now, FG and Labour could announce publicly that NAMA is a scam and any National bonds issued in 2010 or 2011 will be defaulted on as soon as they are in power.

That will close the bond markets to FF, and force an election.

DCon

If he is a FF candidate, he is a thief. You only need assume he is trespassing

Extermination of people who disgree with you........ YOU MISERABLE NAZI F*CKWIT.

Disillusioned democrat

If FF get back in next time we might as well give up , forget about anymore elections and let them at it forever
Next time isn't the big issue - it's 6 years from now, when people have got used to Dickensian treatment and begin to forget the arrogance and ignorance of these guys that will be the problem. 6 years isn't a long time when gombeen politics will get you onto guangos and boards and seats on local government councils, waiting to strike again.

I think we need something built - a NAMA/Anglo/AIB/INBS museum full of video clips and artifacts from this era and make sure all primary school kids are brought there on a field trip at least once a year, like the Jeannie Johnston reminds us of the famine - that should make sure future generations of Irish kids are kept aware of the harm FF have done to this country.