target the central bank and eu offices..... peacefully

do the IMF have an office in Dublin...?

we need the taxi drivers and truck drivers to block up our city streets

i know people will say i disagree with that idea or this idea
you'll ruin the country with all that...... its on the verge of this now
we can not sit idily by
it would be far more constructive to suggest positive proposals....:D

Trophonius

Am I right in thinking this march is from Wood Quay to the GPO?

Trophonius

Why that route? I heard earlier that the garda requested it for traffic reasons.

sport02

Apparetntly the march is not going to the Dail, personally I think that is defeatist, we must protest at the centre and surround the symbol of goverment buildings.
I am going to do what worked for the people of Iceland, march peacefully and noisly, we need to join togehter, not separate, and refuse to leave until Brian Cowen goes to the Aras to tender his resignation.

I am bringing a whistle, someone earlier today on this forum is organising vuvuzelas, if you can get your hands on one, brilliant.

BTW, there is a separate thread on this forum, shows an animation of what happened to Ireland, it is very clear,concise, simple and short, makes me want to march even more after looking at it.

collina

Apparetntly the march is not going to the Dail, personally I think that is defeatist, we must protest at the centre and surround the symbol of goverment buildings.
True. Its like protesting Anglo Irish Bank by marching on your kids money box.

Trophonius

I agree. That's why I asked the question earlier in the thread. However is the Dail sitting on Saturday? or are the Government buildings open? There is a protest on budget day from 7-9pm! That's what is wrong.

Why can't one massive protest be organised for a day when the Dail is sitting and all TD's are there. Then lay siege and let none of them out until they listen to us. I don't mean a protest of a few hundred, I mean thousands. The chance to change the direction of this country is worth taking a days leave or losing a days pay if your working, and worth paying the cost out of your welfare if you are unemployed. In order for anything to be achieved, some bit of sacrifice has to be made, but it will be minimal compared to the sacrifices that will come if we do nothing. Whether it's on budget day or before, it needs to be done when the Dail is in session.

But will Irish people to this?

NascentCube

It may have escaped your notice but the budget has very little to do with the Irish government any more and more to do with the IMF and the ECB. The budget will be applied one way or the other.

Barnacle

It may have escaped your notice but the budget has very little to do with the Irish government any more and more to do with the IMF and the ECB. The budget will be applied one way or the other.
They may not have much of an influence on the bottom line, but they do in the application.

Trophonius

But a mass protest on that day or before, and I mean mass, could manage to get the budget defeated and an election called. As I have said on previous threads, it's the europeans that want this process through quickly. The IMF have no problem with a delay of budget and a new government with a mandate then forming new budget proposals. All this stuff about IMF in the past is not relevant. They have made changes. The IMF would offer a lower interest rate, would burn the bondholders (senior and subordinate), bankrupt the failed banks and liquidfy their assets, and push for major and real reform in political, public service and financial areas.

Thac0man

Twitter
twit taa woo
just want to hear ideas on how people power can defeat the budget
this budget will destroy our country.... make no mistake
the time for squabling amongst ourselves is over

some ideas for starters

lay seige to the dail and gov buildings

general strike

lay seige to FF hq and Green hq

lay seige to government TD clinics

target the central bank and eu offices..... peacefully

do the IMF have an office in Dublin...?

we need the taxi drivers and truck drivers to block up our city streets

i know people will say i disagree with that idea or this idea
you'll ruin the country with all that...... its on the verge of this now
we can not sit idily by
it would be far more constructive to suggest positive proposals....:D
How is having a general strike constructive? After a general strike we would have no economy. So constructive ideas after that might involve learning how to grow vegetables, fish, dig ditches, construct road warrior vehicles and invent electricity.

Seriously though, Cowen and his government are all but gone. A change over is coming and can't be held off longer than is necessary to insure good order and stable transfer of power. BUT NOW...... now that Cowen is on his way out and an election is a sure thing, P.ie is inundated with 'power to the people' threads and crys for revolt? Bit pathetic to say the least.

Anyone caring to even pretend they know what they are talking about might contribute to the economics threads that have been ongoing for months now on the issue of recovery.

Tea Party Patriot

not a fan of begg myself..... its not his march,
its our march our future
No it's not "our march"; it's a union march and will be perceived by the public as such. Unless a march is organised that is just the people and free from being hijacked by left wing organisations (sorry I consider all unions left wing) most people are just going to stay at home.

myhonorisloyalty666

How about a public execution of Sean Fitzpatrick? That's a cut I would support!

Look at the guys with the saw. They look happy. Why not us?

Last edited:

needle_too

I dont know what all the fuss is about!

The cuts havent even started yet!

This very weak budget is only about 1/3 of the cuts that are needed.

Do you people not get this yet?

Iarmuid

This is what to do imo - deny them legitimacy for their actions. This is a political website, there must be some organizers around here within all parties FG, SF whomever, you draft a letter where a text can be agreed upon, clearly outlining the imposition of odious debt in the form of private bank debt on the people to paid by the people with interest, no consent is given and is withdrawn outlined in the clearest of terms. Remember they only derive legitimacy from the consent of the governed no consent no legitimacy.

This can consist of emails and as many hand written letters as possible (target one million). Try as much as possible to get this campaign into the media to heighten awareness of what is happening and its possible effects on the population. The righteous anger will surge from there.

Smaller campaigns to be set off on each sitting TD in local constituencies can and should run in tandem.

Call our own referendum, we are in the digital age - lets make use of it.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies