• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

How do you rate Brendan O'Connor as a journalist/columnist?

riker1969

Hes ********************e. The odd time funny but ********************e. A bit like John Dreadful (Drennan)-witty but feck all substance.

Fir Bolg

Whenever his ultimate demise occurs, it will be one of the most eagerly anticipated and ethusiastically supported falls from grace in Irish public life!!!

smitchy2

He is a complete twat but is the poster boy for the Celtic Tiger FF philosophy.
He also writes in the worse Sunday broadsheet rag in the country.

And no he is not funny- he is deceptive.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
The property market will reach bottom at some time

That time is close to now : so long as the recession doesn't deepen

At worst it may fall 20% more

That's nothing like the current risk with equities (which is his main thesis)

So the article isn't that unreasonable

In general you should take BOC with a grain of salt and I'm not sure why some people get so fussed up about him

cYp

smitchy2

The property market will reach bottom at some time

That time is close to now : so long as the recession doesn't deepen

At worst it may fall 20% more

That's nothing like the current risk with equities (which is his main thesis)

So the article isn't that unreasonable

In general you should take BOC with a grain of salt and I'm not sure why some people get so fussed up about him

cYp
You are far too blasé about the property crash- only another 20%!
Yes it is not as bad as equities but people don’t have €200-€400k invested in shares.

BoC is a complete cretin.
The Sindo magazine that he edits has a big responsibility about promoting waste in Irish life and striving to fulfil material needs and the Life parties are surely hotbeds for all sorts of substance abuse.

I wish nothing but bad things on him.

florin

cYp, he wrote that article in July 2007, back when a one-bedroom bothán in the Galtee Mountains with its own turfpile was selling for €600,000.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
cYp, he wrote that article in July 2007, back when a one-bedroom bothán in the Galtee Mountains with its own turfpile was selling for €600,000.
:oops:

Ok then - that was an ill-judged article, though he doesn't annoy me that much, he's not intended to be a heavyweight commentator

cYp

jmayo

If you change the description of the thred title then I could rate him, for a journalist would be a generous description for him me thinks :rolleyes:

cropbeye

:oops:

Ok then - that was an ill-judged article, though he doesn't annoy me that much, he's not intended to be a heavyweight commentator

cYp
Unfortuntly you are incorrect O'Connor is being groomed as a major player in Irish Journalism

in the Sindo and while most on this discussion would see through him it is the case that

most of the public will not be able to ignore someone who is being mentored by such

powerfull friends.

Breadan O'Connor

Unfortuntly you are incorrect O'Connor is being groomed as a major player in Irish Journalism

in the Sindo and while most on this discussion would see through him it is the case that

most of the public will not be able to ignore someone who is being mentored by such

powerfull friends.

Brendan O'Connor is the son in law of John Caden who was one of Eoghan Harris' closest friends in RTE.

Harris wielded a lot of influence in RTE in the 70s and 80s when he was in the Workers Party.

John Caden was producer of the Gay Byrne radio show.

Eoghan's ex wife Anne Harris is deputy editor of the Sunday Independent.

In 1997 Harris and Caden tried to scupper the Presidential campaign of their old RTE opponent Mary McAleese by supporting Derek Nally but they failed.

Harris had to admit defeat in an interview with John Bowman

Skin

He was a cheerleader for the free market and anything that purported to make money was good.
Except nowadays he is a crybaby - he appeared on Tubridy with George " I could lose my job!" Hook moaning about how was supposed to pay his 3,000 a month mortgage?!?! Tubridy forgot to mention that he hadnt lost job, and is probably unlikely to do so anytime soon and even if he did, his YouraStar fee should tie him over for a while until the economy picks up.
But he went on the bleedin' heart strings about how 'tough' things were getting, so much so that he questioned whether it was fair that the President of Ireland should earn as much as she does - seriously Brendan O Connor uses the Presidents salary as a barometer to how much he earns....and people still buy the sindo!!!

cctvstar

I have tried to resist this but I can't hold it in any longer ....... He is a pig ugly oaf of a man, trying to be a smart ass and intellectual to make up for his hideous bad looks. He is like and Irish incredible hulk but white and mid-morph. Yuk! Yokky! Yok! Face like a sack of chisels.

st3ph3n

He's also engaging in a spot of revisionism over the last couple of months. He's gone from being a fawning cheerleader of the property boom to moaning about its results. Twat.