How do you rate performance of Limerick City TDs ?

williewatch

How do people rate the performance of the current Limerick City TDs?

Are they delivering for the city?

Just looking at some recent headlines.

Just one extra staff member in IDA scheme aimed at addressing unemployment in Limerick

Just one extra staff member in IDA scheme aimed at addressing unemployment in Limerick - Limerick Leader

Jobless numbers continue to grow with almost 23,500 out of work
Jobless numbers continue to grow with almost 23,500 out of work - Limerick Leader

Shannon dying on its feet, warns O'Leary

Shannon dying on its feet, warns O'Leary - The Irish Times - Thu, Sep 09, 2010

Are our Limerick TDs up to the job? Have they anything to offer other than attending funerals?

realistic1

Just one extra staff member in IDA scheme aimed at addressing unemployment in Limerick

Just one extra staff member in IDA scheme aimed at addressing unemployment in Limerick - Limerick Leader

Jobless numbers continue to grow with almost 23,500 out of work - Limerick Leader

Are our Limerick TDs up to the job? Have they anything to offer other than attending funerals?
After the above list, how could anyone claim Limerick TDs have anything to offer?? We have too many TDs hence why you can see all TDs at funerals.

ymmek

After the above list, how could anyone claim Limerick TDs have anything to offer?? We have too many TDs hence why you can see all TDs at funerals.
Its only fair to mention that there is not a lot opposition tds can do,what did our minister and our half minister do for limerick?

making waves

Let's see -

Wille O'Dea - very successful at putting his foot in his mouth - cr*p at everything else.

Peter Power - a poor second to Wee Willie when it comes to parish pump politics - cr*p at everything else.

Michael Noonan - been there, done that, has been, with illusions that he knows more about the economy than anyone else - cr*p at everything else.

Kieran O'Donnell - lightweight wannabe who thought he had made it to the front line only to be pushed back again by his constituency buddy - cr*p at everything else.

Jan O'Sullivan - I supposed it could be said that she is normally polite - cr*p at everything else.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
The streets of Limerick, full of closed down businesses are my judgement on our TDs. Walk from Thomond bridge through Englishtown, on through Patrick and O'Connell Street and finish by dropping into Souths pub. ANYBODY would want to throw a punch a WOD.

Future Irish Leader

well the FF government TD'S havent done anything for limerick even though they have the power. The opposition Td's cant do much but they try their best we will just have to wait and see when jan O' sullivan and michael noonan become ministers in a few months.

anfieldabff

Dell, Shannon Airport, to name but two.

Willie O Dea is the quintessential cute hoor FF'r, his closest political mirror image would be Ivor Callely. The old qoute that Willie was a lion in Limerick and a mouse in Leinster House comes to mind. All this self serving rubbish about being hard done by is just that. Willie's career was built on keeping people dependent on state hand outs and pretending that he was looking after the little people.
He may have the highest poll for FF at the next election but I think that will be nothing to brag about.
If the people of Ireland have not finally realised what FF are about, then God help us.

Future Irish Leader

Willie O Dea is the quintessential cute hoor FF'r, his closest political mirror image would be Ivor Callely. The old qoute that Willie was a lion in Limerick and a mouse in Leinster House comes to mind. All this self serving rubbish about being hard done by is just that. Willie's career was built on keeping people dependent on state hand outs and pretending that he was looking after the little people.
He may have the highest poll for FF at the next election but I think that will be nothing to brag about.
If the people of Ireland have not finally realised what FF are about, then God help us.
could not have said it better myself hopefully people will realise what an idiot he is.

Schuhart

The streets of Limerick, full of closed down businesses are my judgement on our TDs.
How would you expect the political process to fill those businesses?

I mean, maybe you are right. I just wonder what the connection is, as you see it.

Keith-M

Website
How would you expect the political process to fill those businesses?

I mean, maybe you are right. I just wonder what the connection is, as you see it.
Exapanding the city boundaries so that the rates rich areas that border the city are within the city.

Also not allowing the city to be as dependent on one company as Limerick has been on Dell (and Ferenka before it).

just_society3

Keith and I finally agree on something. I believe much of the problem of the boundary will be solved by having one authority for city and county.

I'd have some time for most of the city TD's, except Willie. Willie is Willie's only priority.

antsrathcam

Are the Dublin TDs delivering for Dublin?

Are Mayo TDs delivering for Mayo?

Is the country going down the Swannee?

Do you think these questions are in any way related?

Keith-M

Website
Keith and I finally agree on something. I believe much of the problem of the boundary will be solved by having one authority for city and county.

I don't see the point in a single authority. Expand the city to include its suburbs and just reduce County Limerick and Clare accordingly. Why is the city being impacted by decisions made by the Elizabethans almost four hundrd years ago?

Last edited:

williewatch

What has Willie O'Dea done for these people.

I think Willie O'Dea would have been far better off trying to help these people rather than trying to rewrite history on the late late show.

Willie was sitting at the cabinet table while this problem was building up.

"Living on estates of fear
Gangs of violent teenagers moved from notorious estates earmarked for regeneration are forcing law-abiding families to flee their homes"

Living on estates of fear - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

This is the Limerick we have after over a decade of O'Dea being chauffeured around in a ministerial mercedes.

JoeHickey

I think Willie O'Dea would have been far better off trying to help these people rather than trying to rewrite history on the late late show.

Willie was sitting at the cabinet table while this problem was building up.

"Living on estates of fear
Gangs of violent teenagers moved from notorious estates earmarked for regeneration are forcing law-abiding families to flee their homes"

Living on estates of fear - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

This is the Limerick we have after over a decade of O'Dea being chauffeured around in a ministerial mercedes.

Thing is that WOD knew about this problem in fairview Crescent since 2004. The same lowlife family are still in situ driving decent families out and destroying what should be a lovely estate. What did he do? SFA.......he probably had a few funerals to attend.... in 2004 O'Dea was Minister of State at the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform, he probably had one of his 6 Civil servants write a letter on his behalf to himself.

Will Limerick people ever cop on?

realistic1

Thing is that WOD knew about this problem in fairview Crescent since 2004. The same lowlife family are still in situ driving decent families out and destroying what should be a lovely estate. What did he do? SFA.......he probably had a few funerals to attend.... in 2004 O'Dea was Minister of State at the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform, he probably had one of his 6 Civil servants write a letter on his behalf to himself.

Will Limerick people ever cop on?
The main reasons these criminal families can operate are: These families vote and these families are Garda informers. Simple as that.

Treatyboy

Was wondering what everyone thinks of our current stock..

Seems like Jan O Sullivan is no longer taking the populist view of opposing cuts in the Health service with her picture in Post. Actually with the Nurses strike she is like an Ostrich with her head in the sand.

williewatch

Willie O'Dea is now busy trying to rewrite history & giving the impression that he was held bound & gagged in the back of his ministerial car while Cowen & Bertie ruined the country.

LMHO. He has now emerged to campaign against cuts that his government actually made.

Clearly O'Dea has the biggest case of political amnesia in these parts.

Aristodemus

could not have said it better myself hopefully people will realise what an idiot he is.
Well obviously they don't. The voters of Limerick had a chance to pass judgement on the little ************************ for his years of doing nothing for either Limerick or Ireland, and they re-elected him. They deserve all their miseries down there.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies