How healthy are yis?

ger12

Reasonably healthy. Like most, I could probably get a bit more exercise, but I don't smoke, I'm a moderate drinker, don't eat red or white meat, and have a fairly simple diet of eggs, vegetables, fruit, oatmeal, and sometimes fish. I do like a few beers at the weekend, and I do like Lemon Meringue/apple pies, so I'm starting to develop a bit of a spare tyre (nowhere near Ger's size though, which could probably deflect a beam of light).

More concerned about my concentration span actually. It used to be that nothing could get me out of the state of bliss that was reading a book. Since I started using this thing, I find it harder to read, and my focus isn't as sharp as it once was. I don't think it's down to ageing either (I'm a good bit younger than Ger btw).

The internet eh? It's like someone is tinkering with your brain.

Go on ... get the razor out ...

GDPR

Are yis healthy piesters? Or tethering on the edge, waitin' for the auld heart attack?

Exercise on your agenda? A couple of bellies and chins on the go? And the dreadful booze, keeping it as the odd tipple? What keeps some of us from repeating the same cycles (good or bad)? Do you go to the GP for a check up every year?
Sex and plenty of it, it's your only man or woman, as the case may be.

GDPR

Fit to drop!:shock: lol
Better than a 3 mile uphill walk they say, I find it so anyway.

The problem with the 3 mile uphill walk is that you have to turn around and walk back, whereas with the sex you just have to say "we'll talk later darlin' and go asleep.
Lovely.

D

Deleted member 45466

I don't smoke or drink. Get a reasonable amount of exercise for my age, 52, I can do 3k on the treadmill in 15 minutes. plenty of fruit and veg in the diet, almost no processed shyte, sugar or salt and according to google my bmi index number is in the green zone. So why do I feel tired all the time. Work that's why. I work 12 hour shifts and my supervisor is a complete d1ck, high stress levels. Last week I had to go out to the car for 2 of my breaks for 2 15 minute naps. I couldn't get in at all last Thursday and spent the whole day in bed. I never normally do this. I need a new job!!!
Probably the biggest factor in causing illness.

Feckkit

When did the recommended alcohol level for men change from 21 to 14 units? Dare one ask was the reduction informed by ideology or science?
Last January in the UK - along with the slogan: "there is no safe level of alcohol consumption".

Apparently, too, its fourteen 'units' for both women and men this time; we just couldn't cope with those narsty 'gender differences' being seen to be endorsed by official policy.

ger12

Better than a 3 mile uphill walk they say, I find it so anyway.

The problem with the 3 mile uphill walk is that you have to turn around and walk back, whereas with the sex you just have to say "we'll talk later darlin' and go asleep.
Lovely.
Now tonic, she can't talk ...

Feckkit

Tic toc Sailor ... Sugar is a real bugger, fat in moderation is grand, mixing the two is something we all stupidly do.
Who'da thought pork and applesauce is such a vicious killer :lol:

The booze is interesting, I suspect quality wise it's not what it used to be....
The interesting thing about booze is that a number of the top-rank Anti-smoker Health Freaks have moved across to head up Anti Drinkerism. I had a link for that only I lost it in a foggy stupor one night..........

D

Deleted member 45466

Who'da thought pork and applesauce is such a vicious killer :lol:

The interesting thing about booze is that a number of the top-rank Anti-smoker Health Freaks have moved across to head up Anti Drinkerism. I had a link for that only I lost it in a foggy stupor one night..........
Probably ran out of anti smoking campaigns. It was the PR crowd that got the wimmens on the fags after WW1. Now, they're trying to get them off them.

It's a strange time to be alive. On the one hand, we're fed a mantra of liberalism, freedom of speech, self empowerment etc. etc.

On the other, we're constantly being told what to eat, what to drink, how to stay healthy, what to say and what not to say.

Liberal fruitcakes or pliable drones (or both)?

Feckkit

Probably ran out of anti smoking campaigns. It was the PR crowd that got the wimmens on the fags after WW1. Now, they're trying to get them off them.

It's a strange time to be alive. On the one hand, *we're fed a mantra of liberalism, freedom of speech, self empowerment etc. etc.

On the other, we're *constantly being told what to eat, what to drink, how to stay healthy, *what to say and what not to say.

*.....'what to think' covers it all.

D

Deleted member 45466

Tonic could be facing time in Room 101.

[video=youtube;GeqbxjebGck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeqbxjebGck[/video]

GDPR

Now tonic, she can't talk ...

A fine pair of shoulders she has too and I do like the stockings.

You don't have a model name or purchase point address I suppose?

My own present lady wife has a habit of talking about complicated things of a morning, over breakfast usually, just when the brain needs time to warm up, so any suggestions would be welcome.

GDPR

Tell her to shut up.
All very well, but she's a good one, a keeper so to speak in ALL other regards, well not all really, she also talks in the car when I'm listening to the radio, but if I nod when she stops making noise we seem to get over that one.

Seanie Lemass

Went from long distance running, including a marathon at 3.44 and playing hurling into my early 40s into doing nothing except walking the dogs.

Constantly planning return to running and gym but there's always an excuse!

Thing is perhaps that once you pass 50 you probably have to accept that your body isn't in fact capable of what it once was, and that the past attrition extracts a price.

That's my excuse anyway :(

ger12

It's a strange time to be alive. On the one hand, we're fed a mantra of liberalism, freedom of speech, self empowerment etc. etc.

On the other, we're constantly being told what to eat, what to drink, how to stay healthy, what to say and what not to say.

Yet you don't smoke, or eat meats and don't indulge in hard booze.

Why? ....

ger12

All very well, but she's a good one, a keeper so to speak in ALL other regards, well not all really, she also talks in the car when I'm listening to the radio, but if I nod when she stops making noise we seem to get over that one.
Jaysas ... I hate that ... ye shíts really should listen, it saves the bolloxing ye get when ye fúck up later in the day/week ...

ger12

Went from long distance running, including a marathon at 3.44 and playing hurling into my early 40s into doing nothing except walking the dogs.

Constantly planning return to running and gym but there's always an excuse!

Thing is perhaps that once you pass 50 you probably have to accept that your body isn't in fact capable of what it once was, and that the past attrition extracts a price.

That's my excuse anyway :(
I dunno, I'm fitter now than I was ten or twenty years ago. Recently fell off the wagon (been a very busy start to 2016) but I intend on moving on that in a couple of weeks.

Move it or lose it. Also reading a book called Being Mortal (great book) which would give one the old push to get moving :)

ger12

D

Deleted member 17573

I dunno, I'm fitter now than I was ten or twenty years ago. Recently fell off the wagon (been a very busy start to 2016) but I intend on moving on that in a couple of weeks.

Move it or lose it. Also reading a book called Being Mortal (great book) which would give one the old push to get moving :)
Oh, that's a bad sign, a couple of weeks, is it? Next it'll be after the holidays, then it'll be a few months and by then sure you might as well leave it until Christmas, and then we'll have the New Year's resolution, and you know what that's worth! Seems to me you're on the slippery slope, ger. :rolleyes:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies