• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

How long until we have an EU Army that can conscript Irish Citizens?

potholedogger

There is a steady march to an EU superstate underway. A Milestone is almost in place, with the emergence of a single Euro Central Bank. Very soon we will have a EU Diplomatic service which will replace National Missions. The next step after that is an EU Army, Navy, and Air-force.

Last night at my Grandson's School Nativity Play a huge EU Flag was prominently displayed in the Assembly hall without the Irish National Flag to be seen anywhere. This was the second time in a week in two different National Schools I have seen this.

Why are our schools trying to forge this European Identity? Who gave them the Flags?

I could not help reflecting how many of the Boys performing the Nativity Play might end up serving in an EU Army possibly being conscripted. I did not see anything in our Constitution that might protect these Children form conscription.

Oil resources will be the big issue of contention in the coming decades. Most of the Reserves are in the Middle East.
The Americans consume 20% of the World's oil even though they are only less than 5% of the Worlds population. Most of Europes Oil comes form the Middle East and this will mean that the EU will take a bigger interest in Foreign Affairs and the Middle East region.

Yes you can conquer a Country or its people with high tech weapons, but if you want to take oil or natural resources from a Country you have to either pay the controling regime's price or you need to occupy it the Country to provide security for the workers, processing and transportation that will extract the oil, gas or natural resources.

That part requires putting lots of troops on the ground.

http://www.sander.es/2012/01/world-oil-reserves/

Last edited:

firefly123

Seven minutes?
Thursday week?
Never?

Analyzer

The nEU Empire needs a nEU armed military force.

A glorious opportunity to die on the Steppes or in the North African desert, where previous superstate misadventures ended up.

More EU rope.

harshreality

I wouldn't go holding your breath there.

We won't be sending our youth out to fight the modern day version of Nam any time soon!

firefly123

the nEU Empire needs a nEU armed military force.

Get ready to die on the Steppes or in the North African desert, where previous superstate misadventures ended up.
I doubt many Posters on here would pass the physical. Maybe you can be a drone operator. In the rear with the gear!

Ribeye

I don't have any kids so I don't know,

But I dread to think of the EU indoctrination being force fed to children in the schools,

I can just imagine it,

"Ann and Barry go to Brussells"

If we continue on this road, conscription is inevitable, and in a terrible irony, because of the pressure from the feminist movement, young women will also be sent to kill & die right alongside their male counterparts, how's that for equality ladies!

Next step will be the introduction of a Pledge of Alligiance to the blue flag every morning in the schools,

Socratus O' Pericles

The nEU Empire needs a nEU armed military force.

A glorious opportunity to die on the Steppes or in the North African desert, where previous superstate misadventures ended up.

More EU rope.
The chances of their being a land battle on the Steppes or in N.Africa involving European forces in any significant numbers is about, approximatelt,I would hazard ,oh about .......nil.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
- Albert Einstein

firefly123

Are we going to be bringing up straight bananas or banned chocolate at any point in this thread?

Sync

I wouldn't go holding your breath there.

We won't be sending our youth out to fight the modern day version of Nam any time soon!
But.......but the flag was in his grandson's play? HOW MUCH MORE EVIDENCE DO YOU NEED????

harshreality

They can't even get us to stop spending so they are hardly going to get our young lads to fight for them!

Vega1447

There is a steady march to an EU superstate underway....
The next step after that is an EU Army, Navy, and Air-force.
Since the 1950's there has been an intercontinental military force in place spanning most of Europe & N America.

drummed

They just phoned me asking me to join! Must have spotted the thread?

Dame_Enda

I'm opposed to conscription. But the Palestine issue has changed my mind on the EU Army. We live in a world where you need a huge army to be listened on to such matters. But I would insist it could not be used inside the EU. The US - once a beacon of freedom - has now thrown in its lot with despotic regimes like Israel, the Saudis, the Bahraini Sunni-Apartheid regime etc. A powerful EU is required to redress the balance in favour of freedom. However, only by becoming more democratic within can Europe promote democracy to the world. That should not be used to excuse more centralisation of domestic policy in Europe. We require direct elections for EU officials, and less inter-governmentalism. The latter is tainted by horse-trading and arm-twisting and therefore incapable of representing public opinion or decisiveness. Unelected officials can be decisive but they should instead be elected to legitimise that.

L'Chaim

If there is an EU army you wouldn't have to conscript Irish people. Enough of them would voluntarily join up

Analyzer

For those of you unhappy at merely having your PAYE, Social taxes, and Income levies, for the banks lobbying in Brussels, there will be a new opportunity to be even more of an EU patriot(gobsh!te).

You will be able to get shot at, and blown up, in the service of the Bank Bondholders.

drummed

If there is an EU army you wouldn't have to conscript Irish people. Enough of them would voluntarily join up
Good point. A very large army from all across Europe could be easily formed without any sort of conscription.

The battle of the Somme is'nt going to be repeated anytime soon. Nobody needs millions of conscripts.

There is no basis militarily, politicly or logicly for any such conscription.

Pointless howl at the moon thread.

julieandrews

I don't have any kids so I don't know,

But I dread to think of the EU indoctrination being force fed to children in the schools,

I can just imagine it,

"Ann and Barry go to Brussells"

If we continue on this road, conscription is inevitable, and in a terrible irony, because of the pressure from the feminist movement, young women will also be sent to kill & die right alongside their male counterparts, how's that for equality ladies!
Next step will be the introduction of a Pledge of Alligiance to the blue flag every morning in the schools,
Why do you automatically assume that would be a bad thing or that every woman would have a problem with that? I'd be quite fine with it if it were me . How very sexist of you!

Ribeye

That's quite true, there would probably be long lines to sign up,

And anyone who dared to try and convince them not to, would be branded a coward and a traitor by the media and the politicians,

Even when the body bags started comin back!

Rocky

1. Not one EU state has conscription or has brought in conscription since World War II.

2. Why would the EU want an army when nearly every state is a member of NATO, which far out trumps any army the EU could possibility have because it includes the US, who have by far the largest army in NATO. It also includes Turkey, which has the second largest army, although Turkey could join the EU.

Ribeye

Why do you automatically assume that would be a bad thing or that every woman would have a problem with that? I'd be quite fine with it if it were me . How very sexist of you!
You'd have no problem being sent to a foreign land to kill fellow human beings who have never harmed you and being sent home to you family in a box,

If disagreeing with that makes me a sexist,

Than so be it, sweet cheeks!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies