How many Govt Ministers could lose their seats in next GE.

MPB

Considering the amount of blatant lies Ministers in this Govt have told to the Irish Electorate over the last 2 years and the last 2 weeks in particular, how many, do posters think could lose their seats in the next GE?

Have they enough blindly loyal supporters in their constituencies to survive or have they blown all their credibility even amongst supporters?

Will the Irish Electorate continue to elect the likes of Cowen, Lenihan, Dempsey et al despite the fact that they have bankrupted the country and shorn us of a very important part of our sovereignty?

And if we do, what is the point of all the anger?

lff12

I doubt many will survive. People are just too angry.

Even the gombeen localised types will find themselves under pressure as their power to meddle in local decision making will be curtailed.

MPB

Do you reckon Cowen or Lenihan will even stand next time?

showbandmanager

I reckon they'll all survive , i reckon the fianna fail guy will win the bye election in Donegal. All i hear from everyone i talk to is ' sure the others would'nt be any better'.

locke

Before the last week, I was saying

Batt O'Keeffe
Tony Killeen
Pat Carey
John Gormley
Eamon Ryan

With Lenihan under some threat and Harney not running.

But after everything that has happened, Lenihan has probably squandered all sympathy.

In fact, other then Cowen, I don't know who is safe. FF should still retain a seat in Cork South Central and Meath West, but whether Martin and Dempsey will be the TDs to hold them, who knows. Martin hasn't been too publicly associatable with the farce that has been unfolding.

MPB

Batt O'Keeffe
Tony Killeen
Pat Carey
John Gormley
Eamon Ryan

But after everything that has happened, Lenihan has probably squandered all sympathy.

In fact, other then Cowen, I don't know who is safe. FF should still retain a seat in Cork South Central and Meath West, but whether Martin and Dempsey will be the TDs to hold them, who knows. Martin hasn't been too publicly associatable with the farce that has been unfolding.
Surely Cowen is now unelectable, along with Dick Roche, Ahearn, Lenihan and Dempsey they have blatantly lied to the Irish Electorate regarding the current IMF/EU/British bailout talks.

Clanrickard

Batt O'Keeffe
Tony Killeen
Pat Carey
John Gormley
Eamon Ryan

Killeen will hold his seat. Clare people would vote for a donkey as long as it was FF.

Rocket Man

Gormley, Ryan, Carey and O'Keefe are in serious danger.

Martin, Ahern, Hanafin, Dempsey and Kileen in moderate danger.

Cowen, O'Cuiv and Coughlan safe.

Harney unlikely to stand again. Lenihan should be alright if he is well enough to run.

Hewson

Other then Cowen, I don't know who is safe. FF should still retain a seat in Cork South Central and Meath West, but whether Martin and Dempsey will be the TDs to hold them, who knows. Martin hasn't been too publicly associatable with the farce that has been unfolding.
It boggles my mind that Brian Cowen would be re-elected by the people of Offaly. I'm sure he will, but it would be a damning indictment of the electorate in that area that they would foist a blundering, oafish, intellectually challenged drunk back into the nation's parliament after the trail of damage he's left behind him.

Depressing in the extreme and probably as good a reason as any to leave this blighted island to them and their ilk.

Mondo

All the greens. They have to go.

They don't even have the defense of claiming hereditary FFundamentalism.

locke

Surely Cowen is now unelectable
FF will surely take a seat in almost every 5-seater and Cowen would be most likely to take it in Laois-Offaly.

Lenihan should be alright if he is well enough to run.
I don't buy the Lenihan safe line.

His constituency showed a lower FF vote than average last time out. We know that FF's vote is worse in Dublin than elsewhere. And Dublin West has probably seen some of the worst effects of construction job losses and negative equity.

People are starting to see through his sophistry as well.

MPB

If Cowen, Coughlan and Lenihan are re elected are we wasting our time?

How much damage do you have to do to a country before the Irish electorate refuse to vote for you?

martin o shea

a perfect time for change

maybe this is our great chance to get rid of all the wasters, trim down gov to maybe 50 and scrap senate. Reduce gov pay and perks.

making waves

Killeen will hold his seat. Clare people would vote for a donkey as long as it was FF.
FF were hammered in Clare in the last locals -

2 from 10 county council seats in Ennis - 1 from 6 in Shannon - they have 11 out of the total of 32. FF won 1 seat on Ennis Town Council, none on Shannon Town Council, they have 3 from 9 on Kilrush Town Council and 4 from 9 in Kilkee. In what for years was die-hard FF territory FF will get an unmerciful hiding next time out.

Will Kileen hold - probably - but FF have gone from 3 to 1 (or less) in three elections and they will not recover (saying that a FF gene pool indo - Breen - could take the last seat).

wombat

SilverLining

Every single last one of them, as they will disqualified from running or even being nominated. Why ? They failed to do their job over and over again.

Now that would ideal. What a shame it can't be made a reality ? Or can it ?

No member of the current Oireachtais or the last one should ever appear on a ballot paper again. Why ? They are not worthy of serving in any public office ever.

We need to wake up and see these con-artists for what they all are. The lied to us, bullied us, talked down to us, abused us, took us for fools and got paid inflated salaries, outrageous expenses and undeserved perks. We cannot seriously think that they are suitable to do any job of responsibility. We cannot seriously even consider re-employling them again when they fail to measure upto the job requirements.

It would be better to lock up Leinster House indefinately rather than have a Punch & Judy show populated by this shower of leeching sponging wasters.

Northsideman

In DNC Sean Haughey is very going to be involved in a dogfight with Finian McGrath for the last seat. Labour will take the first & FG the second. The Haughey name could be about to be extinguished in the Dail.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies