• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

How many new jobs does it take for Enda Kenny to turn up?

borntorum

I heard on the One of Clock News that Tayto have announced the creation of 78 extra jobs. This is obviously good news; all extra employment is welcome and Tayto is a classic Irish company (although it seems that some of its strong performance is due to providing home comforts to new emigrants in Australia and elsewhere).

What caught my ear was that the Taoiseach was on hand to announce the jobs. This seems to be a recurring event these days; any sort of reasonably sizeable employment boost appears to come with Enda Kenny attached. Does anybody else think it is somewhat demeaning of his office to be acting as a cheerleader for a private company? I suppose if a massive number of new jobs was announced, his presence would be appropriate, but 78 jobs, while good in itself, is not particularly large by anyone’s standards.

Of course, the Taoiseach and other Ministers are nowhere to be seen when companies announce job losses! Personally, I think this craze for turning up at every piece of decent employment news makes us look like a bit of a banana republic.

ruserious

It's just PRism by the department of An Taoiseach to put Enda's face on some good news. It would be more befitting to see the Minister for Jobs do it, I agree.

Marcos the black

If it was 78 jobs lost you'd be fainting with outrage...
If he does something you bitch, if he doesn't you bitch..

RobertW

Absolutely not is it demeaning to the office of Taoiseach for that office holder to be announcing new jobs.

I'll tell you what is demeaning. . . .pissed on national radio at 850am in the morning after having been up until 330am drinking.

meriwether

Absolutely not is it demeaning to the office of Taoiseach for that office holder to be announcing new jobs.

I'll tell you what is demeaning. . . .pissed on national radio at 850am in the morning after having been up until 330am drinking.
Thats a zinger.

EUrJokingMeRight

Enda loves Tayto and into the West.

He'd never miss a gig like this!

tigerben

When all these job announcements are made, and we're told it's over a two/3 or 5 year plan, is there ever a check on how many jobs acually came on board in the time fame mentioned?

borntorum

I'll tell you what else is demeaning....having sex with underage call girls while running away from fraud allegations.

Not really relevant though, is it?

Tough Paddy

Ouchh... that hurt... :D

borntorum

If it was 78 jobs lost you'd be fainting with outrage...
If he does something you bitch, if he doesn't you bitch..
I'm sorry, did Enda personally win these jobs himself? If he did, by all means I withdraw my criticism. I was under the impression that he just turns up and shakes some hands, and then fecks off again.

Remind me, what exactly did Enda do here?

Mad as Fish

How many new jobs does it take for Enda Kenny to turn up?

There's only the one job he's interested in, his own.

RobertW

I'll tell you what else is demeaning....having sex with underage call girls while running away from fraud allegations.

Not really relevant though, is it?
Obviously you've serious memory problems.

RobertW

I'm sorry, did Enda personally win these jobs himself? If he did, by all means I withdraw my criticism. I was under the impression that he just turns up and shakes some hands, and then fecks off again.

Remind me, what exactly did Enda do here?
Perhaps you'd prefer if he went around opening pubs . . . . Like another former FF Taoiseach - Ahern.

Bill

are they bringing back ringos?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies