• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

How many p.ie posters have never met a woman?

mr. jings

At the risk of repeating the thread title, I'm wondering how many people on p.ie have never met a woman? And I don't mean sexually. Just, you know, met. Or happen to be related to. Or whatever. I'm only asking because I find a lot stuff bandied around here quite puzzling, given that we live in 50/50 world.

Women are often presented as craving victimhood. As prone to irrationality. Or particularly susceptible to mental instability or mental health issues. The physical appearance of women seems fair game. The notion that women experience inequality is sniffily pooh-poohed. Women's issues are often trivialised. Feminism is caricatured and demonised. Words like bint and b!tch are bandied around with liberally illiberal abandon.

So what gives? A genuine belief or half belief in such stuff? Laziness? A desire to shock? A paucity of substantive counterarguments? A misplaced siege mentality? Blinkers? Fear?

And if any of the above, or anything else, why not be upfront and direct about it instead of sliding into tired hyperbole?

I could dig up quotes, but I'm not sure I should be targeting posters individually in a post. Which might get this thread zooed. If so, then so.

Oh, and I have met women. Honest.

firefly123

I've met a few. They were smelly.

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
:roll:[video=youtube;GcdyC8L_U7A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcdyC8L_U7A[/video] :cool:

General Urko

While I'm sure the majority of P.iesters have sisters and female cousins and all by their existence would have to have had mothers, the thread below, especially with life lessons cited from films, which are well old enough to have been shown on RTE, i.e. ancient, indicates that many P.iesters don't get or are not allowed past their front doors!petunia

http://www.politics.ie/forum/chat/250403-what-lessons-have-you-learned-life.html

General Urko

For married male P.iesters, I suspect this was the marriage proposal!:rolleyes:

mulligan

Why shouldn't modern Feminism be caricatured and demonized? Feminism is made up of illogical and irrational thinkers. If anyone disagrees with a feminist it is equivalent to hatred and hating women, yet if feminists disagree with other theories they are fighting for equality. Indeed your post has done so as expected.

But I feel I have took the bait here and this is just another nonsensical thread by one of the special snowflakes that cannot handle criticism or thoughts different to their own. Maybe spending your time on Twitter in the Feminist/Leftist echo chamber is more up your alley. Don't worry there is nobody to challange your ideals there, you can just live in the SJW bubble and block anyone who doesn't fall in line!

Mitsui2

Why shouldn't modern Feminism be caricatured and demonized? Feminism is made up of illogical and irrational thinkers. If anyone disagrees with a feminist it is equivalent to hatred and hating women, yet if feminists disagree with other theories they are fighting for equality. Indeed your post has done so as expected.

But I feel I have took the bait here and this is just another nonsensical thread by one of the special snowflakes that cannot handle criticism or thoughts different to their own. Maybe spending your time on Twitter in the Feminist/Leftist echo chamber is more up your alley. Don't worry there is nobody to challange your ideals there, you can just live in the SJW bubble and block anyone who doesn't fall in line!
:)

ShoutingIsLeadership

Reading some of the comments on the homeless woman thread, left me wondering what sort of people are members here. It's particularly ironic, when some of the posters are the first to claim that their hatred for muzzies is due to their treatment of women

Rafael Rose

At the risk of repeating the thread title, I'm wondering how many people on p.ie have never met a woman? And I don't mean sexually. Just, you know, met. Or happen to be related to. Or whatever. I'm only asking because I find a lot stuff bandied around here quite puzzling, given that we live in 50/50 world.

Women are often presented as craving victimhood. As prone to irrationality. Or particularly susceptible to mental instability or mental health issues. The physical appearance of women seems fair game. The notion that women experience inequality is sniffily pooh-poohed. Women's issues are often trivialised. Feminism is caricatured and demonised. Words like bint and b!tch are bandied around with liberally illiberal abandon.

So what gives? A genuine belief or half belief in such stuff? Laziness? A desire to shock? A paucity of substantive counterarguments? A misplaced siege mentality? Blinkers? Fear?

And if any of the above, or anything else, why not be upfront and direct about it instead of sliding into tired hyperbole?

I could dig up quotes, but I'm not sure I should be targeting posters individually in a post. Which might get this thread zooed. If so, then so.

Oh, and I have met women. Honest.
You think that's why this will be zoo'd? lol

mulligan

Reading some of the comments on the homeless woman thread, left me wondering what sort of people are members here. It's particularly ironic, when some of the posters are the first to claim that their hatred for muzzies is due to their treatment of women
Would this be the "homeless" woman that turned down the 2 bed house in Clontarf ? The exposed fraudster? Just clarifying. Guess it must be misogyny, she deserves a 4 bed in Dalkey and a Ferrari!

Ellen Ripley

There does seem to be a misogynistic underbelly of posters in P.ie who tend to surface in order to let off steam and reinforce each other's mutual hangups.
Nobody to talk to or listen to them IRL but they feel they're connected to kindred spirits here.

"All Pro-choice/Pro-life/ *insert category of choice* women are too ugly to fúck anyway" etc etc.

All anonymous forums are hate magnets.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Would this be the "homeless" woman that turned down the 2 bed house in Clontarf ? The exposed fraudster? Just clarifying. Guess it must be misogyny, she deserves a 4 bed in Dalkey and a Ferrari!

Casually referred to as a bitch

mr. jings

Why shouldn't modern Feminism be caricatured and demonized?
Because that's either lazy or desperate.

Also, 'Feminist' along with 'liberal' and 'republican' are used so willy-nilly around here as to possibly be the most meaningless words on p.ie. Just because you want something to mean something, doesn't make it so.

Feminism is made up of illogical and irrational thinkers.
Case in point. In both my points, actually.

If anyone disagrees with a feminist it is equivalent to hatred and hating women, yet if feminists disagree with other theories they are fighting for equality.
More of the same, only not different.

Indeed your post has done so as expected.
You were expecting my post? Remarkable. That aside, my post wasn't about feminism. You made it so. Which doesn't make it so.

The irony of ascribing a Twitter fixation to me, while banding around faddish terms like 'snowflake' and 'SJW' seems to have escaped you. Try putting up little posters on the lampposts around your house. And maybe get it a little collar if it comes back.

Last edited:

gerhard dengler

The anonymity of the interweb is a factor.
I suspect that what passes for discourse here generally, doesn't apply in face to face discourse generally.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies