How Many People Would Hit & Run?

Zach Dingle

To me anyone who would leave somebody seriously injured, dying or dead on the side of the road is about as bad as it gets.
And I only know one individual who would definitely do it and he drives like a completely lunatic, indeed by far the worst, I have ever seen and I was within milimeters of being killed while a passenger when he was driving once!

Hit-and-run drivers not uncommon, but not well understood - Baltimore Sun

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I guess some of us have a policy of never applying to job advertisments where the pay terms are unpublished.

Would you consider candidates with transferable skills?

Bertie's Hat

No I couldn't live with it if I drove off. I would have to stop and at least try and get help

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Zach Dingle

One individual whom I know who actually got a transplant to save his worthless life would do it without a second thought.

Round tower

Slightly different, a fella was walking down our local town and he see the GS investigating a overnight car hit and run, he owned up to them that it was him who hit the car and did not stop. The Guards asked him what colored car he drove to be told by them that he could not have hit the car.

Dame_Enda

I wouldnt but as a motorcyclist I see little likelihood of it happening because I take up less road space.

silverharp

Slightly different, a fella was walking down our local town and he see the GS investigating a overnight car hit and run, he owned up to them that it was him who hit the car and did not stop. The Guards asked him what colored car he drove to be told by them that he could not have hit the car.
I found that difficult to read, are you talking about a car hitting a pedestrian or a car causing an accident to another car?

TedHankey

Let's run a poll. I've gotta know.
Years ago I struck and knocked down a pole on one of those narrow Irish country roads.
The car was a mess but I'm pretty sure he was ok.

Sync

Yes of course, most people would stop to help. A more interesting question is: you stop, they're dead. Nothing to be done. Do you drive on then?

GDPR

Yes of course, most people would stop to help. A more interesting question is: you stop, they're dead. Nothing to be done. Do you drive on then?
A guy my dad used to work with did this, he panicked when he realised that the person was dead, and left. He handed himself up the following day and subsequently got a 12 month sentence for fleeing the scence. The person killed was an only child and they probably would have known each other. It was a horrible accident, on a dark night, car coming the other way, and unfortunately, bang. Maybe he could have helped if he stayed, we'll never know. Yet he was one of these people that others would think, he's not the type of person that would do that, but he did, so all I can say until you are in that situation, you just never know.

Catalpast

I believe in Africa if you hit someone with your car then for your own safety you run....

Otherwise their relatives will do they same to you....:evil:

Eye for an eye an all that....

ruserious

What doesn't make sense to me is if you cause a genuine accident and someone is killed and drive off; it is an offence but if you drive upon an accident, see someone badly injured and drive off and they later die...it's not an offence.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies