How many seats do you think Fianna Fáil will win at the next General Election?

How many seats do you think Fianna Fáil will win at the next General Election?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
Given the RedC poll for The Sun shows Fianna Fail on 13%, our own dotski has predicted that Fianna Fail would come away with 14 seats, whilst Adrian Kavanagh over on PoliticalReform.ie predicts that it would be 12 seats.

Is Fianna Fail likely to arise out of the ashes, or sink even further given the budget on Tuesday, and continued uncertainty about the Eurozone.

How many seats do you think Fianna Fail will take in the next General Election?

corelli

I am going to go with Garret Fitzgeralds prediction of 36.

cozzy121

40 to 50. Remember 20% voted for them in Donegal and the rest of Ireland is just as stupid and greedy as them.

Marcos the black

Still think they'll come in around the 40 mark....I know lots of people that are currently using the:
They're all the same,
The other crowd would have done the same,
Enda Kenny, are you serious??
etc etc, excuses right after saying that they won't vote FF... It will be very hard for these people to go in to a polling station and put a tick beside a non FF candidate.. Old habits die hard... I'm afraid.

Trophonius

I thought 37, but based on the Red C poll I revised that down to 26. So I'll go for 32! :)

locke

2 in Laois-Offaly
1 in every other constituency except
- all Dublin constituencies
- a random 50% of (Cork East, Cork North Central, Cork South-West, Kerry North, Meath East, Roscommon-Leitrim S, Sligo Leitrim N, Tipperary N)

Glucose

2 in Laois-Offaly
1 in every other constituency except
- all Dublin constituencies
- a random 50% of (Cork East, Cork North Central, Cork South-West, Kerry North, Meath East, Roscommon-Leitrim S, Sligo Leitrim N, Tipperary N)
I think the leaders debate will save FF. Meeja will dub Cowen the winner of the debate and the sheep will propel FF to 42% with 75 seats.;)

Goodbody

I think high, in the 46-55 range. They will do better than expected outside Dublin.

drjimryan2

last week on pie i said 37, i'm sticking to this.

the 'local gombeen' factor will keep us out of -30 territory........

unless, some key retirements happen, then ill be closer to the -30 thought...

Outlander

Mary O'R in her "shock and awe" moment with Pat Kenny didin't dispute 16 as a possibility.

smitchy2

I think the leaders debate will save FF. Meeja will dub Cowen the winner of the debate and the sheep will propel FF to 42% with 75 seats.;)
Noonan wiped the floor with Bertie in 2002 and then had the biggest election disaster for FG.
I do think FF will average out just under 20% and take 25-30 seats in the process.
I will say 28 seats with only 2 in Dublin.
The spreadsheets are saying they won't win a seat in Donegal which is not going to happen given the recent by election had a differnet result.

jimbojones74

If they get around 30 or so, would there be any previous instances in other countries where the main governing party got such a trashing at a general election?

Northsideman

Less than 20. None whatever on Northside of Dublin perhaps none at all in Dublin.

willoughby

last week on pie i said 37, i'm sticking to this.

the 'local gombeen' factor will keep us out of -30 territory........

unless, some key retirements happen, then ill be closer to the -30 thought...
I concur, I'd even be knocking around 40 due to a couple of surprises from local support. UNFORTUNATLEY.

L'Chaim

10 -15 and I'm being kind. If it was just the recession they might have just lost the election by a few. If it was just the bank bail out they might have lost the election by just a few seats. But turning a country from the Celtic Tiger to one of the beggers of Europe is too much. They are facing a wipe out.

New Threads

Most Replies