How Many Seats Will FF Get in GE

antiestablishmentarian

They will get no transfers from anyone and won't win more than one seat in any constituency: also, none of them are safe and guaranteed reelection with the possible exceptions of Biffo, Willie and Ó Caoimh.

MichaelMac

Now that FF is in meltdown, how many sets will it hold, I think 30, optimistic?

Seems a fair estimate. The legend of them getting a seat in every constituency is on the wane. The likelihood of them getting two seats in any constituency also has to be in the mix, 35 tops.

Cassandra Syndrome

They will get less than 40 and will be disbanded soon after. They will become a spook story for future generations on the consequences of treachery.

drjimryan2

lets put a little bit of sanity into this...........

hatred aside,.......

fianna fail, will return after a late january/early february poll with 35 -40 seats max.........i'll punt at 37.

labours inability, enda's personality, self interested people voting for fools interested in self interest and the status quo........will save ff form total meltdown........

the lack of wiggle room in the next 4 budgets will be a real problem for the 'big three' at the doors......

lets not be mistaken tho.......considering the make up of the 37+, the new leader will face a real struggle.........the lack of an organisation, the age/demographic profile of the leftovers in place and the prospect of td's literally 'dropping dead' will all pose problems.....

as i said last week....the next 'in power' ff leader has yet to attain office....

fun and games....

Sync

Congalltee

Are you looking for the wisdom of p.ie crowds for a paddy power bet?
Unless you do a constituency by constituency analysis it is a pointless exercise.

bebeno

They won't get any seats as they will disband as a party and re-emerge on the ballot paper as NuaFianna.

LgCastell

I think one would look at between 35 - 40

I can say that when Noel Phelan is predicting these kind of figures for FF the writing is on the wall

derm0t

FF are dying the "Death of a Thousand Cuts".

Ironically, thanks to them, so are the electorate.

corporal punishment

I awoke at 3am to find an almost fully developed version of myself in a pod by my bed. I immediately destroyed it, but the really scary part was that it was wearing a "vote Fianna Fail" badge. It's invasion of the vote snatchers.

making waves

If the by-election numbers pan out - a maximum of 32 but it could, on a bad day for FF, be as low as 10.

FloatingVoterTralee

Is there any tipping-point % rate beyond which the number of FF seats dramatically decreases exponentially?

LgCastell

another way to look at this would be... in 2002 FG lost 20 seats and it was billed a disaster but what would be the number of seats for FF to get that would make their grassrooters and party go "thought it'd be worse"

I think if they were to get 40 they breath a sign of relieve any more i think would be impossible

SKELLY

voters goin to the polls in February after seeing their payslips from january!!
you can knock 5% of that 17% on that alone!!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies