• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

How many seats will SF win in the next Dail elections ? 30+ ?

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
According to the latest polls, SF are on 18% but obviously the only real gauge of public opinion is elections. However this would roughly transfers into 30 seats, 16 above their present. So folks will SF win 30 + in the next Dail election ? An important point to bear in mind is that polls show SF are becoming more transfer friendly, with for example the Behaviour and Attitudes survey showing SF getting 1% transfer from FG !!!!!

So folks, what's your predicitons ??

Sunday Business Post Red C poll

Fine Gael: 32% (no change)

Labour: 14% (-1)

Fianna Fáil: 18% (no change)

Sinn Féin: 18% (+2)

Independents/Green/others: 18% (-1)

The Sunday Business Post

The Behaviour and Attitudes Survey for tomorrow's Sunday Times also shows less than a quarter of people are happy with the coalition and a drop in support for Fine Gael.

The poll shows Fine Gael on 31, down two points, while Sinn Féin and Independents go up a point each to 18 and 19 respectively.

There was no change for the others - Labour on 14, Fianna Fáil on 16 and the Greens on 2.

Poll indicates two point drop for FG | BreakingNews.ie

james5001

I don't think they'll win as many as people, in general, think they will.
The establishment, through their control of the mainstreammedia, will see to that.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
I don't think they'll win as many as people, in general, think they will.
The establishment, through their control of the mainstreammedia, will see to that.
The mainstream media have been saying they won't get anywhere since 1981, been getting it wrong though !

True Republican

There will be a huge amount hysteria by the media in the run up to the next general election especially if SF are polling near 20%, last years tirade by the SINDO against McGuinness will be quite mild compared to the crap they will come out with in the run up to the next general election.

thegregster

The mainstream media have been saying they won't get anywhere since 1981, been getting it wrong though !
PSF said they would never sit in a British parliament or meet the Queen.

juggernaut

very much depends who is leader - thought Adams was shook last week against Martin.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Be very wary of polls and SF. We've gone from a point up to a couple of years ago where polls under-estimated SF support, to the last election, where every poll over-estimated SF support. I think ~15% is going to be the glass ceiling for SF, while Adams is leader.

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
PSF said they would never sit in a British parliament or meet the Queen.
The unionists especially the DUP said over there dead bodies that they would share power with SF and let Dublin have a role in the wee statelet.

Kai123

very much depends who is leader - thought Adams was shook last week against Martin.
Ridiculous that he is still leader. SF have a great chance if they have a new, younger leader that's not marred by the past. Adams would know this unless he is stupid or has a huge ego.

james5001

But they have slowed their progression significantly.

True Republican

Sinn Fein need to persuade Adams to step down as leader, the man is clueless on economic issues.

james5001

Be very wary of polls and SF. We've gone from a point up to a couple of years ago where polls under-estimated SF support, to the last election, where every poll over-estimated SF support. I think ~15% is going to be the glass ceiling for SF, while Adams is leader.
I'd agree with that and I'd add to be wary of all of these opinion polls which go up and down every few weeks.

thegregster

The unionists especially the DUP said over there dead bodies that they would share power with SF and let Dublin have a role in the wee statelet.
I agree, Both sides are idiots. The only positive of the whole war was sending jimmy sands and the boys on a diet.

Both sides could have done a deal in 74 and save the whole country another 24 years of misery.

MacCoise2

You have been predicting their demise/stagnation for a long time.....

south tipp

If an election was called within a year they would get about 22 seats. 30 seats will be a few too many to achieve even in 2016. 25 would be a huge success that's more probable.

True Republican

If an election was called within a year they would get about 22 seats. 30 seats will be a few too many to achieve even in 2016. 25 would be a huge success that's more probable.
I actually think sinn fein would only get about 18-20 seats if an election was called in the next year, Adams would be found out in a tv debate especially on economic issues.

Little_Korean

Sinn Fein need to persuade Adams to step down as leader, the man is clueless on economic issues.
Is there a SF member who isn't? I ask a genuine question, SF seems good on attack mode, not so well when they have to explain any alternatives.