• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

How many wows does it take to sell a Mulhuddart apartment?

feargach

174 Castlecurragh Heath, Mulhuddart, Dublin 15, West Co. Dublin - Apartment For Sale

The answer, this guy hopes, is "three wows, in all caps, with a side order of three alerts and more asterisks than you can shake a stick at".

You'd think he'd have twigged that everybody who's looking in the sub-200k category on daft knows very well that Mulhuddart has been the dublin hotspot for low asking prices for a year now. There is no wow factor for cheap housing there, unless you are really special.

flavirostris

Tom Parlon reckons we've definitely turned the corner :rolleyes:

Digout

Tom Parlon reckons we've definitely turned the corner :rolleyes:
That gombeen has said this about 10 times already. Always the same from a joker like him - "we are now at the bottom, this is the best time to buy" blah blah blah.

He should be lynched.

flavirostris

He was on the radio today, reckons its a great time for first time buyers to get on the ladder

EvotingMachine0197

Two things.

An apartment stuck between the M50 and blanchardstown SC is in what I would call the traffic warzone. The advertiser describes that as 'ideally situated' . Is this the kind of location that people have come to accept as ideal for normal living and raising children ? Booms clearly damage ideals.

They should take down the personal photos if they're trying to sell, especially the wedding one above the TV.

Digout

He was on the radio today, reckons its a great time for first time buyers to get on the ladder
How odd, he said the same thing around this time last year on Matt Cooper. He's one smug git. Possibly one of the most horrible people in the country.

rhonda15

174 Castlecurragh Heath, Mulhuddart, Dublin 15, West Co. Dublin - Apartment For Sale

The answer, this guy hopes, is "three wows, in all caps, with a side order of three alerts and more asterisks than you can shake a stick at".

You'd think he'd have twigged that everybody who's looking in the sub-200k category on daft knows very well that Mulhuddart has been the dublin hotspot for low asking prices for a year now. There is no wow factor for cheap housing there, unless you are really special.
I can't get over how many of these ads don't even tell you how many sq. feet you're getting.

Obviously it is an embarressment to quote the sq. feet

because it is a shoebox

these estates full of empty useless shoeboxes should be bulldozed and the developers taken out and horsewhipped and never again allowed to to have anything to do with property directly or indirectly

SCUM!!!

Last edited:

cailindana

Nice for all of you to be in the position to be so picky, I live in this estate and like it very much, would certainly refute that these properties are 'useless shoeboxes'. My property was below 200k and is absolutely beautiful. :mad:

feargach

Well now you get to be a landlord in your estate for only 99K (I'd suggest lowballing him to 70K as he'll snap your hand off for that offer).

I'm not blind to the pain felt by this disappointed person, who has probably lost his job and is seeing his savings and redundancy payment vanish into the black hole of the mortgage, but the general situation of overpriced Irish houses is ripe for satire.

Niceguyeddie

Nice for all of you to be in the position to be so picky, I live in this estate and like it very much, would certainly refute that these properties are 'useless shoeboxes'. My property was below 200k and is absolutely beautiful. :mad:
I'm glad you like it Cailindana. Do you think it'll got for 100k?

b.a. baracus

The houses in this estate aren't bad, the apartments are a different matter.
The location is terrible though. The neighbouring estate is one of the worst in Dublin and Castlecurragh has certainly had more than a small amount of anti-social behaviour. The nearest pub is the infamous Shanty Bar (recently closed AGAIN I think). The bus service into town is brutal. Describing it as "WOW -WOW - WOW" is laughable.

Also this estate agents over enthusiastic sales pitch appears on all their ads on DAFT. I met one of the key figures in this estate agency once and there was an uncanny similarity to a character in Glengarry Glenross.

Prester Jim

Nice to see a little realism coming into the pricing of apts.
Anyone remember a prefab shack for sale a couple of years ago in Kilcoole in Wicklow for 200,000?
I laughed for 10 minutes when i saw it.

Akrasia

Two things.

An apartment stuck between the M50 and blanchardstown SC is in what I would call the traffic warzone. The advertiser describes that as 'ideally situated' . Is this the kind of location that people have come to accept as ideal for normal living and raising children ? Booms clearly damage ideals.

They should take down the personal photos if they're trying to sell, especially the wedding one above the TV.
wouldn't worry about that, apartment is tiny nobody in their right mind would buy that to live in themselves. The only hope of selling it is at a very cheap price to use as student acommodation

cailindana

I'm glad you like it Cailindana. Do you think it'll got for 100k?
Unlikely unfortunately, but that is the nature of one-bedroomed apartments, and only worsened now.I feel for anyone who is in negative equity on these little flats, especially if it was the only home they could afford.

I wouldn't be using people's misfortune as an opportunity for scoffing, satire or badmouthing other people's estates (not directed at you Niceguyeddie!).

Oppenheimer

Unlikely unfortunately, but that is the nature of one-bedroomed apartments, and only worsened now.I feel for anyone who is in negative equity on these little flats, especially if it was the only home they could afford.

I wouldn't be using people's misfortune as an opportunity for scoffing, satire or badmouthing other people's estates (not directed at you Niceguyeddie!).
Unfortunately the raison d'etre in some peoples' minds for p.ie.