How might Michael Gove work out as a Prime Minister?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Gove may soon be the next PM

He is of similar intelligence and politeness to Cameron...but Gove works harder and is willing to risk popular scorn

Michael Gove, the polite assassin

Gove is the politest man in politics and one of the most abrasive, a charmer who cultivates enemies. He is pious, loyal and incurably irreverent. He is a gifted communicator who is widely misunderstood, an accomplished operator who... He is a Conservative. He is a radical.
Michael Gove: the next Tory leader? | Politics | The Guardian
People keep talking about Boris becoming prime minster," reflects an Oxford contemporary. "But I think it's going to be Michael Gove."
"I have only nice things to say about him," is the preface I hear time and again. Gove is, Chris Huhne says, "The politest man in the House of Commons. Incredibly well-mannered. Much more so than people who come from grander backgrounds." A senior Labour figure tells me, "The truth is, he doesn't act like a Tory. He is far too decent. He's in politics for all the right reasons." The political columnist Matthew d'Ancona agrees: "He is just an incredibly nice guy. A lot of people are very nice guys, 'but' – and with politicians that can have a very big capital B. But he is an absolutely nice guy. He's not a fair-weather friend at all, he's fundamentally loyal, he is a very empathetic character and very solicitous of people's feelings. I'm yet to come away from a gathering where he hasn't charmed everybody in the room. Michael is a very ironic and incredibly good at taking the piss out of himself; he's one of those people you hope will be at dinner."
Also Cummings is fun
A profile of Dominic Cummings, friend of Gove and enemy of Clegg | Conservative Home
has been said of Cummings that “you underestimate him at your peril”. He is exceptionally intelligent, without being exceptionally steady: a ruthless man who fights to win and is prepared to risk defeat. If he were a conventional careerist, he could be bought off, or persuaded to be patient in the hope of obtaining the reward of becoming an MP and a minister.

Cummings is more dangerous than that. He is an idealist. When he puts his mind to achieving practical results,
Yet friends of Cummings say he is one of the few people they know who is in politics for the right reasons. They insist he is not in it for himself, but because he wants to improve things for other people. To them he is an inspiration.
Close observers agree that over the last three years Cummings has been of the greatest importance in getting stuff through the department. As one of them put it: “If you look like you are continually on the point of shouting, and a bit of a nutter, you can be very effective at getting things to happen. And government departments are not usually very good at making things happen. It’s remarkable what you can achieve if you don’t give a f***. Cummings has zero interest in pleasing anyone, even the Prime Minister. He has enough confidence in his own abilities.”
I think Gove would be an excellent PM, and if he gets the job...things will become a lot more interesting

cyp

livingstone

I don't think he wants it.

I think he wants to be the power behind the throne rather than the king. I actually think he'd end up backing Osborne in a leadership contest.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I don't think he wants it.

I think he wants to be the power behind the throne rather than the king. I actually think he'd end up backing Osborne in a leadership contest.
Borris wouldn't back Osborne, but he would back Gove

Also, I'm of the view that sure Gove went all in on Brexit due to his Atlantacist bent..but he also did the utilitarian calculus...and took serious risk in getting the Queen on board

I've been watching how closely the Gove loyalists have been fighting in the battle...and they do have a post battle plan...

cyp

livingstone

Borris wouldn't back Osborne, but he would back Gove

Also, I'm of the view that sure Gove went all in on Brexit due to his Atlantacist bent..but he also did the utilitarian calculus...and took serious risk in getting the Queen on board

I've been watching how closely the Gove loyalists have been fighting in the battle...and they do have a post battle plan...

cyp
None of that means he wants to be PM. I think the contest will boil down to Osborne v May with Gove firmly in Osborne's camp (he hates May).

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
None of that means he wants to be PM. I think the contest will boil down to Osborne v May with Gove firmly in Osborne's camp (he hates May).
May is a borderline racist, she'd be dumb to run

Gove was fukked over by Cameron a lot, everything I'm seeing is his angling to be PM

cyp

Boris didn't do all this to allow someone else get his job.

Cameron needs to resign and call a General Election, let Boris deal with the cluster************************. Osborne has no support to do what he would need to and why bother, he can get a nice paying city job easily.

Result not a real shock as the undercurrents have been there for weeks and it was Immigration that anybody I spoke to that was the issue.

Leave campaign figures it can get a deal out of EU, EU will not be offering a deal UK will like.

Anybody of Irish extraction I told month ago to consider applying for Irish passports in UK, when get back from Euro' will reiterate this.

I see very quickly that EU countries will start implementing the EU / Non EU passport controls more with UK passport holders finding they Non EU and single desk will look after them.

mr_anderson

Cameron's gamble of promising an EU vote in an effort to win the last general election must now rank as one of the biggest political blunders in history.

Especially because in hindsight, it was not necessary.

His epitaph must now read :
''Won the Battle, Lost the War''.

mr_anderson

Result not a real shock as the undercurrents have been there for weeks and it was Immigration that anybody I spoke to that was the issue.

100% agree.
The issue that dare not speak it's name just screamed at the top of it's lungs.
The SJW's can't call you 'racist' when it's a secret ballot.
And like the Irish Citizenship referendum, the political masters have been shown to be wholly out of step with their constituents.

Farage should send the biggest Thank You card to Merkel.
Absolutely no doubt in my mind that her monumental open-border fúck up changed lots of votes.

President Bartlet

Gove may soon be the next PM

He is of similar intelligence and politeness to Cameron...but Gove works harder and is willing to risk popular scorn

Michael Gove, the polite assassin

Michael Gove: the next Tory leader? | Politics | The Guardian

Also Cummings is fun
A profile of Dominic Cummings, friend of Gove and enemy of Clegg | Conservative Home

I think Gove would be an excellent PM, and if he gets the job...things will become a lot more interesting

cyp
Bo Bo Boris might have something to say about that!

eoghanacht

Just when I thought I couldn't loathe Gove anymore he gets the Cyp seal of approval.

I hear Wessex and Mercia are sceeding from the UK.

Volatire

Boris Johnson as PM now certain.

Next up, Donald Trump as President.

farnaby

As a Scot, Gove represents a chance to defuse calls for another Scottish indo referendum. Pro-independence politicos wouldn't want a Scottish PM campaigning against them.

As a Scot, Gove represents a chance to defuse calls for another Scottish indo referendum. Pro-independence politicos wouldn't want a Scottish PM campaigning against them.
Gove is as much Scottish as Blair was..................

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies