How might Michael Gove work out as a Prime Minister?

Bea C

Borris wouldn't back Osborne, but he would back Gove

Also, I'm of the view that sure Gove went all in on Brexit due to his Atlantacist bent..but he also did the utilitarian calculus...and took serious risk in getting the Queen on board

I've been watching how closely the Gove loyalists have been fighting in the battle...and they do have a post battle plan...

cyp
How did he do that?
He made a spectacularly stupid comment.
One which will not have endeared him to her.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
How did he do that?
He is close to her, and it was a subtle play, that I recall, Roy Greenslade was the only notable figure to call them out on it

cyp

gijoe

How did he do that?
They don't have to be in love with one another to have a working relationship.

The two stars of the leave campaign to me were Gove and IDS.

Bea C

He is close to her, and it was a subtle play, that I recall, Roy Greenslade was the only notable figure to call them out on it

cyp
Protocol is that you shut up.
I find it difficult to imagine that she shot her gob off anyway.

former wesleyan

Gove famously doesn't like " experts ". An attitude with which the Irish seem to concur if the water charges debate is anything to go by.

Prester Jim

Gove doesn't like expert advice and that is not just based on his off the cuff remarks at that recent debate, he has strong opinions and is willing to steamroll over opposition despite evidence to the contrary, his thuggish henchman Cummings allows him to have an extra level of separation from any expert objections etc to his personal opinions disguised as opinion.
He could be an utter disaster, arrogant, overconfident, intelligent but nowhere near the degree he thinks he is.
Boris might be even worse, a very probable narcissist or psychopath.

General Urko

Gove would be a Kenny Lite PM, quite simply not up to it, it would be like having Fitzie Fitzie as our next Taoiseach!

Boy M5

He's vile.

Boy M5

Gove famously doesn't like " experts ". An attitude with which the Irish seem to concur if the water charges debate is anything to go by.
Off topic but you know the water charges was a) an extra charge that broke the camels back, b) IW is a quango that gave contracts to Denis O Brien but didn't invest in water infrastructure. c) a real irish water properly run for the benefit of our people, economy & environment & explained as such would have had no problems.

Boy M5

Gove is destructive, arrogant & theoretic.
He's the Robbespierre of the Tory right crossed with a Maoist - let's destroy everything & rebuild.
I suspect he's a bit of an orangeman too given his backfround.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
What people?

It will be a choice between Osborne and AN Other. If she is that AN Other, she stands an excellent chance of beating him.
Certain people intensely dislike her, and she's engaged in Little England jingoism, so I for one wouldn't stand up for her when the gloves come off

cYp

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Gove is destructive, arrogant & theoretic.
He's the Robbespierre of the Tory right crossed with a Maoist - let's destroy everything & rebuild.
I suspect he's a bit of an orangeman too given his backfround.

Gove doesn't like expert advice and that is not just based on his off the cuff remarks at that recent debate, he has strong opinions and is willing to steamroll over opposition despite evidence to the contrary, his thuggish henchman Cummings allows him to have an extra level of separation from any expert objections etc to his personal opinions disguised as opinion.
He could be an utter disaster, arrogant, overconfident, intelligent but nowhere near the degree he thinks he is.
Boris might be even worse, a very probable narcissist or psychopath.
Have our Sir Rantalots any evidence that they can adduce ? Or would trawling through evidence fry their tiny minds...

cYp

Prester Jim

Have our Sir Rantalots any evidence that they can adduce ? Or would trawling through evidence fry their tiny minds...

cYp
I have an interest in Gove as he was education minister and a complete disaster and the dimwits in the Irish DoES slavishly follow English "innovation". I reckon I have kept a closer eye on his BS then you have over the last few years.
Why do you have such a high opinion of him? didn't see much evidence there at all.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I have an interest in Gove as he was education minister and a complete disaster and the dimwits in the Irish DoES slavishly follow English "innovation". I reckon I have kept a closer eye on his BS then you have over the last few years.
Why do you have such a high opinion of him? didn't see much evidence there at all.
Ehrmmm, my OP has quite some number of sources, including a favorable write up from the Guardian

Your post is just an ill tempered rant, and you are now claiming that you know more, possibly "secrets" , that all of us don't know ..

cYp

Prester Jim

Ehrmmm, my OP has quite some number of sources, including a favorable write up from the Guardian

Your post is just an ill tempered rant, and you are now claiming that you know more, possibly "secrets" , that all of us don't know ..

cYp
My mistake I had assumed you had some knowledge of Gove other then a shallow scan of a few articles.
Here, this should satisfy you.
Double the number of links you provided to his awfulness then you provided to his awesomeness:
How Michael Gove's reforms drove me out of teaching | Education | The Guardian
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/michael-goves-education-reforms-blamed-by-exam-board-for-shortage-of-gcse-and-a-level-markers-10417251.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/08/14/mums-dads-and-teachers-condemn-michael-gove-s-education-reforms_n_7334564.html
The Legacy of Michael Gove
https://everydayanalysis.com/2014/07/03/the-meaning-of-michael-gove/

As for Cummings, even David Cameron reckons he is a psychopath:
David Cameron attacks

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
My mistake I had assumed you had some knowledge of Gove other then a shallow scan of a few articles.
Here, this should satisfy you.
Double the number of links you provided to his awfulness then you provided to his awesomeness:
How Michael Gove's reforms drove me out of teaching | Education | The Guardian
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/michael-goves-education-reforms-blamed-by-exam-board-for-shortage-of-gcse-and-a-level-markers-10417251.
Mums, Dads And Teachers Condemn Michael Gove's Education Reforms
The Legacy of Michael Gove
https://everydayanalysis.com/2014/07/03/the-meaning-of-michael-gove/

As for Cummings, even David Cameron reckons he is a psychopath:
David Cameron attacks
I have followed Michael Gove quite closely for some time, and am aware that opinion is divided on him ... late in the day, you've cherry picked sources, and not even bothered to clip the applicable snippets from them..what's the point in debating someone as mendacious and lazy as you ?

cYp

Prester Jim

I have followed Michael Gove quite closely for some time, and am aware that opinion is divided on him ... late in the day, you've cherry picked sources, and not even bothered to clip the applicable snippets from them..what's the point in debating someone as mendacious and lazy as you ?

cYp
I have followed your lazy standard in my debating with you, I tend to reflect the work ethic of my opponents.
You put the OP together, you must be held to a higher standard for the opening post.
In the OP you gave three links and cut and pasted a bit from each; your work ethic would put a Victorian sweat shop employee to shame I am sure.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I have followed your lazy standard in my debating with you, I tend to reflect the work ethic of my opponents.
You put the OP together, you must be held to a higher standard for the opening post.
In the OP you gave three links and cut and pasted a bit from each; your work ethic would put a Victorian sweat shop employee to shame I am sure.
Nope...you've been caught with your pants down again

I chose 3 links, two of which I was already familiar with, both of them quite long, and selected specific pieces from both...you just wandered in with your usual diatribe about psychopaths, the same one you have for any politician that you don't like.

As usual you offered no evidence...and when challenged on that, had the temerity to ask me where my evidence was, even though it was clearly in the OP

Your "two boots" in debate style is mere jackbooted thuggery, attempting to intimidate people into your point of view via tried and tested ad hominem attacks. Gove most certainly has flaws, but you've failed to illuminate any of them, as you've resorted to your boilerplate cliché that you deploy against any politician you deem right wing

cYp

livingstone

Certain people intensely dislike her, and she's engaged in Little England jingoism, so I for one wouldn't stand up for her when the gloves come off

cYp
Neither would I, but I wouldn't for any of them.

I suspect Teresa May's decision to run or not will not be based on whether cyberianpan on politics.ie would be willing to defend her or not.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Neither would I, but I wouldn't for any of them.

I suspect Teresa May's decision to run or not will not be based on whether cyberianpan on politics.ie would be willing to defend her or not.
Ah, if someone like me is not willing to defend her ..then she's out on the limb ... there are some quite vicious people who will go for her ...and I don't expect she'll survive the onslaught ...Jingoism/Little Englandery is a red line issue for people like me ... and things won't be pretty

cYp

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies