• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

How Much Corruption Exposed Since 2011?

The Owl

Is there anyone out there who would have the patience or brilliance of mind to recall all the political scandals, little and large, since the beginning of this coalition's start in office 2011.

I think we tend to forget them, very quickly, as we are emersed in yet another scandal. But a list of them would remind us all of the betrayal we felt as each scandal hits the headlines, then fades away until the next one. All political parties, all politians, T.D.s, Senators and Councillors included.

If we get the list going, we could then add to it as the corrupt shower of shíts continue making hay while the people cry.

Any takers? I'd do it but I can't remember my own name most days even with the fish oil.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
Not half enough imo.

In fact one of the biggest scandals is that the citizens of Ireland keep electing the same old scandalmongers....I mean is'nt that what they do?

Analyzer

Good question.

There was a lot of corruption in the decade before the borrowing binge collapsed.

We all know stories of some of the events that occurred. Local authorities. Utilities. Auctioneers. Mortgage providers.

And there is not a whiff of it in the media.

Ireland Inc. needs a polished veneer to impress everybody (and presumably to affirm the naive amongst the populace that everything is above board).

The Owl

Loads of you brilliant posters can do this. We have threads going for years here. The bloody wind farms, the euro bought my cup of coffee. Oh oh, the genius who did the Vinne Browne show thing when Norman Bates was away, or was that the other way round. Imagine, we would have people logging on by the thousand just to look at The Scandal Sheet on P.ie

drummed

What's the point in telling you Owl? You admit yourself you'll have forgotten by tomorrow anyway.

Analyzer

Irish Defamation Law - protecting gombeens for decades.

People know what happened, but it never goes public. Instead the country is awash with rumours. And everybody on this site knows of rumours that they would not dare mention on this site.

Irish Defamation Law ensures that the veneer is projected. It looks a lot less corrupt that everybody knows it to be.

The Owl

Irish Defamation Law - protecting gombeens for decades.

People know what happened, but it never goes public. Instead the country is awash with rumours. And everybody on this site knows of rumours that they would not dare mention on this site.

Irish Defamation Law ensures that the veneer is projected. It looks a lot less corrupt that everybody knows it to be.
We would only post what has already been published in the national newspaper, analyzer. Imagine having a thread that we could just click on to when we wanted to see when was the last time so and so got accused of such and such, and when was the last time this political party swore, no more. It would be a great help, especially to those who actually run for office on this site, or work with those who do. Puleese?

The Owl

What's the point in telling you Owl? You admit yourself you'll have forgotten by tomorrow anyway.
The difference between you and me, ass, is that I know my limitations, admit them, hence my idea for a Thread on Scandals. You, on the other hand, chase me round the threads, like some demented ghost from Macbeth! Eejit!

drummed

Ah chill out there Owly. You'll have forgotten this whole bad experience by morning.

Analyzer

The Owl

Yes, but that is a completely different FF. New leadership now. Completely changed. All in the past.

Just ask a businessman from Cork called Owen.
As she titteres and sniggers; surely we should give them another another another another another another another another chance Analyzer?

Analyzer

As she titteres and sniggers; surely we should give them another another another another another another another another chance Analyzer?
Yes. They have reformed themselves, just like they promised. This time they will not take any brown envelopes.

They are banking on there being no alternatives available to the electorate, by the time the people have discovered the level of amateurism that exists in FG, and the pure pretence that predominates in the LP.

It is their best hope - the electorate will have no choice, and will get fed up with the current FF-like behaviour from Dicey Reilly, etc..

RahenyFG

Can gladly say that as of now, Enda Kenny is 0% corrupt. He hasn't been shamed by reports or tribunals like the living previous Fianna Fáil taoisigh.

mickterry

Can gladly say that as of now, Enda Kenny is 0% corrupt. He hasn't been shamed by reports or tribunals like the living previous Fianna Fáil taoisigh.
You did not mention still living ex Fine Gael ministers.

mangaire1

ah, but - Kenny is barely two years as Taoiseach.
Bertie was 0% corrupt too, after two years as Taoiseach,
but i reckon Kenny/Gilmore have broken more election promises,
& there's Reilly & Hogan - not looking too good after only two years.

ManfredJudge

Yes. They have reformed themselves, just like they promised. This time they will not take any brown envelopes.

They are banking on there being no alternatives available to the electorate, by the time the people have discovered the level of amateurism that exists in FG, and the pure pretence that predominates in the LP.

It is their best hope - the electorate will have no choice, and will get fed up with the current FF-like behaviour from Dicey Reilly, etc..
Correct - Basildon Bond is the new brown.

Analyzer

Personally, I am not so sure about this. I will keep an open mind on the matter.

If we see tax non-domicile billionaires getting a writedown from PAYE taxpayer propped up banks, then we will know for certain the answer to the issue of whether or not EK is corrupt.

If he is a straight as you insist, then he will give no writedown. Zero, as in Zero percent corrupt. A 50% writedown is another matter.

Let's see what happens with Indo News Media.

If INM get a "digout" then the next time any FG supporter comes on here and tells everybody that EK is 0% corrupt, they will laughed off the thread.

The SiteServ deal makes many people highly suspicuous already.

james toney

Yes, but that is a completely different FF. New leadership now. Completely changed. All in the past.

Just ask a businessman from Cork called Owen.
Different Fianna Fail,ah right:)
I hear Bertie is due in Cheltenham,wonder how much he will win.

beazlebottom

Absolutely no brown envelopes from now on, only those nice white glossy ones.

FFianna FFraudsters - screwing the country since 1926.

The Owl

So can it be done, a thread of scandals - sounds like a mystery novel, doesn't it?

We all know the story. What we tend to forget is the who and the what and the how much. As the man says, it's "the why" that's important, and the how to cure it. Ignoring it when it's the big guys and only letting it flood the media when it's the small guys, like Luke Flanagan. And the media are as guilty as hell in this story too. Shame on them. They are not journalists. They create myths that turn cowardly greedy little men into Men of Action! Fairy tale makers, that's Irish journalists.