• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

How much do you spend per child on Santa on average?

Marcos the black

Just getting the last few bits and bobs together for Santa (risking that there aren't too many 9 year olds and under avid members of p.ie.) and I was wondering was I "spoiling the kids" or just pretty normal in terms of spend.

We have 3 kids and between the 3 or them Santa will cost €420, or €140 per child.
Is that the "average" for Santa?

Also wondering about your shopping habits. I try where possible to buy everything locally, but of the above I had to buy 1 item online (amazon.co.uk) and it cost €72 including postage. But I must admit that it is getting harder and harder each year to find all their presents locally.

What has been your experience?

neiphin

about 400
but ive only 2

bob3367

No Santa for us this year, feckin very expensive, about €300 each.....electronics and clothes.

borntorum

140 per kid sounds reasonable. Many people spend much more, even if they can't afford it. Especially if they can't afford it, in my experience.

Is there a Santa allowance on social welfare? It wouldn't shock me if there was ;)

goosebump

Just getting the last few bits and bobs together for Santa (risking that there aren't too many 9 year olds and under avid members of p.ie.) and I was wondering was I "spoiling the kids" or just pretty normal in terms of spend.

We have 3 kids and between the 3 or them Santa will cost €420, or €140 per child.
Is that the "average" for Santa?

Also wondering about your shopping habits. I try where possible to buy everything locally, but of the above I had to buy 1 item online (amazon.co.uk) and it cost €72 including postage. But I must admit that it is getting harder and harder each year to find all their presents locally.

What has been your experience?
€140 per child!!!

My bill is as follows:

6 year old: €60 (Lego)
4 year old: €60 (Crappy Chinese Power Rangers toys)
1 year old: €5 (because he doesn't even know his own name, never mind what Xmas is)

Marcos the black

about 400
but ive only 2
Also annoyingly.. All the Santa gifts this are are technology based... From tablets for kids such as meep or kurio to 3DS to 3DS games... Remember the board games???????

tigerben

I posted on a earlier thread about us being the EU second highest spend, I've three children as well 14, 11 and 8 with the youngest still for santy. Over all so far I've spent 1000 with still a few bits to go. No matter what the eldest girl alway seems to be on a winning streak.

neveragain

I don't spend anything, f##k it I'm 65 and it's pay-back time.
I hope my grown up skin-flint kids are reading this.

tigerben

:) well we have my dad a iPod shuffle and a touch screen phone, so two things he won't be able to use this Christmas , soften by a bottle of Mulligans. My mother we got her a android tablet so she doesn't have to turn on her computer to seach RIP.ie to see if anyone she knows is dead!!!!

ger12

Jeepers, I had you pegged as a young one ;)

spidermom

depends what they've asked Santy for really...!!
Some years more expensive than others....
LOL...though my (now) 19 yr ols still asks for and gets a selection box!!
:)

amsterdemmetje

Myself and the wife agreed on €150 each and we have 2 kids 12 and 8 .
However, I know my wife will spend at least another 150 on them .

tigerben

depends what they've asked Santy for really...!!
Some years more expensive than others....
LOL...though my (now) 19 yr ols still asks for and gets a selection box!!
:)
Well my dad still buys us ( theres 4) one each, the bigger selection box of course, and I'm 38. That and a new pjs make Christmas.

Half Nelson

When I meet Santa, it's payback time. Oh yes!

'Cos that f****r has cost me a small fortune.

Deep Blue

i posted on a earlier thread about us being the eu second highest spend, i've three children as well 14, 11 and 8 with the youngest still for santy. Over all so far i've spent 1000 with still a few bits to go. No matter what the eldest girl alway seems to be on a winning streak.
1000 ? :shock2:

goosebump

I'm gobsmacked by this thread.

I will repeatedly refer back to it in future discussions about "austerity".

drummed

Depends what kind of car they want.

S

Science Ninja

€140 per child!!!

My bill is as follows:

6 year old: €60 (Lego)
4 year old: €60 (Crappy Chinese Power Rangers toys)
1 year old: €5 (because he doesn't even know his own name, never mind what Xmas is)
Agree. We limited it to €50 per head.

tigerben

1000 ? :shock2:
Ya, and still must get another few bits, the eldest two wanted iPod touch's plus docking station which is over 500€. My husband had to drive to Killarney last weekend to get a toy for the youngest which we couldn't get in cork or Dublin to finish off her Santa list.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies