• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

How should Eamon Ryan solve the Corrib Gas field issue?

John_C

The way I see it, there are 2 separate issues, safety and finance.

The issue of safety shouldn't be difficult to solve. He needs to build the pipeline to the satisfaction of reasonable people and to whatever the relevant standards are.

On the issue of finance all he can do is look through the paperwork to try to find something fishy. If it's a case that the state signed up to a bad deal, there's little he can do. If he can find any evidence of any wrongdoing he should make it public, irrespective of the affect it will have on his relationship with FF.

thebrom

Website
blogs.greenparty.ie

John_C

Rebelman said:
John_C said:
The way I see it, there are 2 separate .
threads that should be one i.e. this one and http://www.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?t=24193
For what it's worth I don't agree. How (or whether) the gas should be brought ashore is a separate question from whether the greens did a U-turn. I think that a lot of discussions on this site get very meandering as it is without lumping more things together.

That said, I don't particularly care.

qtman

thebrom said:
How should Eamon Ryan solve the Corrib Gas field issue?
To be honest, he should just allow the thing to be built and move on.

There are far more significant issues that require his attention. FF would owe him one too, and there's no real local backlash involved for the GP.