How To Get The Bankers!

bactrian

Latest: Here's how the banks plan to address the tracker mortgage issue | BreakingNews.ie

The banks have PROMISED that they are going to deal with the Tracker Mortgage scandal. They have said a lot of words before and done nothing . I expect the same from their promise.

We could fine them , a massive punitive fine, we could impose a levy. They will just pass the cost onto their already abused customers in reduced deposit rates and an increased interest on borrowings .

The Board and Officers will suffer a mild irritation in workload. Little pain to the Board and Officers lots for their abused customers.

Why not bring the pain home to them?

In any criminal prosecution the signature on the letters making the lives of customers illegally miserable will always be those of minions. Senior Officers and Directors do not leave any "fingerprints" . Small fish will fry ,but the sharks go free.

Most of us would agree that a Fraud has been perpetrated on the customers . We are unlikely to successfully prosecute the real perpetrators.

They are nice middle class people and they will never see themselves as criminals.

Why not change the rules? The Board members and Senior Officers know(are aware) of the abuses of customers.

Why not change the law (expand/extend) to capture the imposition of these abuses and the failure to deal with them.

Change the law in relation to Corporate Governance. Restrict them from being Officers or Directors of Companies.

Make it an "Offence" where Board members or Senior Officers know(are aware or should be aware) of abuses .

These "nice middle class people" might never see themselves as criminals, but they will be able to envisage "Restriction" from being company directors or officers.

I really would like to gaol these people, it's not going to happen. I don't like it , I hate it.

If we cannot punish these people , let's stop them from doing the same in future.

Boy M5

Get them to hire Jim Power or Austin Hughes as Chief Economists?

Correction and hat tip to HarshBuzz.

I forgot Desperate Dan McLaughlin.

In mitigation Jim Power had me transfixed.

Last edited:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
But banks are systemic. They can't be fined or even made to comply with basic consumer law.

Otherwise they might move to the Sudan where the regulatory regime is said to be more liberal.

HarshBuzz

Get them to hire Jim Power or Austin Hughes as Chief Economists?
What about Desperate Dan MacLaughlin?

how soon we forget....

D

Deleted member 45466

The words "some new" in Acts 17:21 should be changed to "the same".

bactrian

But banks are systemic. They can't be fined or even made to comply with basic consumer law.

Otherwise they might move to the Sudan where the regulatory regime is said to be more liberal.

The Banks "are too big to fail"

The Banks "are essential to our economy"

BE AFRAID OF ATTACKING THE BANKS!!!!!!

Don't attack the banks , just make sure that they act properly by making their boards and officers act properly: Simples!!!!

ionsniffer

stop spending money.
stop buying ************************e.
start once a month to start with.

Maction

The public should find out who the directors/executives are of all banks. That’s where their ire needs to be directed. I have witnessed many a staff member in a branch take some serious abuse, which is futile and a waste of time.

Shpake

Me surmising again.
If proving a crime has been committed, it usually goes down to the nitty-gritty wording of the particular mortgage contract. The bank has an army of smart-ass lawyers, wordsmiths who know where to insert the precise and the vague words and where to do it, so when it comes to interpretation, the bank wins the customer loses.
Also the whole system is one where everyone is accountable and no one is responsible.
"In dubito pro reo"

sic transit

The public should find out who the directors/executives are of all banks. That’s where their ire needs to be directed. I have witnessed many a staff member in a branch take some serious abuse, which is futile and a waste of time.
All in the public eye anyway.

TheWolf

Latest: Here's how the banks plan to address the tracker mortgage issue | BreakingNews.ie

The banks have PROMISED that they are going to deal with the Tracker Mortgage scandal. They have said a lot of words before and done nothing . I expect the same from their promise.

We could fine them , a massive punitive fine, we could impose a levy. They will just pass the cost onto their already abused customers in reduced deposit rates and an increased interest on borrowings .

The Board and Officers will suffer a mild irritation in workload. Little pain to the Board and Officers lots for their abused customers.

In any criminal prosecution the signature on the letters making the lives of customers illegally miserable will always be those of minions. Senior Officers and Directors do not leave any "fingerprints" . Small fish will fry ,but the sharks go free.

Most of us would agree that a Fraud has been perpetrated on the customers . We are unlikely to successfully prosecute the real perpetrators.

They are nice middle class people and they will never see themselves as criminals.

Why not change the rules? The Board members and Senior Officers know(are aware) of the abuses of customers.

Why not change the law (expand/extend) to capture the imposition of these abuses and the failure to deal with them.

Change the law in relation to Corporate Governance. Restrict them from being Officers or Directors of Companies.

Make it an "Offence" where Board members or Senior Officers know(are aware or should be aware) of abuses .

These "nice middle class people" might never see themselves as criminals, but they will be able to envisage "Restriction" from being company directors or officers.

I really would like to gaol these people, it's not going to happen. I don't like it , I hate it.

If we cannot punish these people , let's stop them from doing the same in future.
The banks will never be held to account.
FFGer's know they are under the control of corrupt bankers and haven't the balls to do anything about it.
Brainwashed people to a man/woman.

One can see by the lack of FFGer's commenting on the criminal behaviour regarding tracker mortgages here just how scared and yellow FFGer's really are.

They know their place.

TheWolf

Don't attack the banks , just make sure that they act properly by making their boards and officers act properly: Simples!!!!
Isn't that the job of the central bank and the regulator? FFG appointees!

Donohoe's sabre rattling is a sight to behold........

gerhard dengler

(In)action speaks louder than words.

Banks making promises about refunding what they should not have taken, and offering compensation, is worthless until every cent taken has been refunded and compensation is paid.

The politicians can easily enact legislation forcing the banks to refund/compensate customers.

The political whores who occupy Dail Eireann are all bought and paid for, when it comes to bank criminality.

gerhard dengler

One other point : the role played by the Central Bank of Ireland.

These clowns are tasked to ensure that the banks are in compliance with regulatory matters.

The same clowns were asleep at the wheel when this crisis was in train.

The other point is that this week the Central Bank of Ireland, were urging ripped off customers not to go to the courts to seek redress but to become part of the Central Bank reconciliation process instead.

I suspect that the banks actually may not have the resources to settle these matters satisfactorily. Perhaps?

GDPR

The highest interest rates in the EU, tax free for up to 20 years, bailouts that cripple a country, DIRT scandal, the list goes on and on. These corporations are a form of licensed mafia cos they have made lawfully suspect decisions having weighed up the odds that it would be profitable to do so. In this case they have stolen vast amounts of money. White collar crime pays, there is neither the will nor the teeth to get the b@stards to pay.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

NAPBAR

This was organised crime. Organised crime is not easy to prove.

There is not a possibility that 11 Banks could have made the same mistake over exactly the same situation, but it it still not provable that it was not just a coincidence.

Having said that if it happened it should be very provable in todays world of communications. There is not a hope that phone or e mail or other cyber communications did not take place in this instance.

Phones and e mails and all else are easily traced and should be confiscated and all information used in evidence.

If phones are missing or computers destroyed, the individuals involved within the the banks should be considered guilty as all the circumstantial evidence proves them guilty and their innocence should depend on their finding the phones and providing the information to prove their innocence.

Franzoni

We have bankers on tape... we have politicans on tape....we have guards losing sim cards,thousands going missing from credit unions and evidence lock ups...tracker scandals .people homeless,hundreds on hospital trolleys with thousands on waiting lists and nothing has happened apart from FG are the biggest party in the state followed by FF....

And nothing will happen until the rest of us get our act together and do what the Orangies up the road did in the 70's and close the kip down for a week or two until we cause a political crisis for the lot of them...

But people won't do it becuase they can't see beyond the end of their nose and the debt they are in makes them afraid to rock the boat....

tipofdiceberg

Don't attack the banks , just make sure that they act properly by making their boards and officers act properly: Simples!!!![/QUOTE]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simples!!!!
Get rid of Paschal. Take the problem out of his hands. He is acting like a rabbit caught in headlights.

beolight

Twitter
Oscarwildefan
Is it only me that’s thinking that this might go a little deeper?

We have the Central Bank trying to steer people away from the Courts

We have all the banks seemingly make the same mistake with regard to trackers

Think back to the bailout and it’s handling ....We had a Minister for Finance and his Department’s main priority to get the Banks back to profitability and the bankers claiming that the tracker mortgages was a loss maker ..... not exactly what the financial mandarins in the DOF wanted to hear.

Initially we had the banks offering to compensate people to forego their trackers but the vast majority were not lured by the derisory amounts offered.
Then we had the outcry about the banks jacking up their interest rates our esteemed political leaders shrugged their shoulders and told us nothing they could do it was business
In the background the banks set about targeting their tracker mortgages and moving them off them to the more profitable variable rate mortgage

My question ( suspicion)Did the bankers get a nod and a wink from ?? That perhaps such action would be not questioned as the sooner the Banks could stand on their own 2 feet the better it would be for the economy.

It’s a bit too convenient that every bank perused this policy

Half Nelson

Some customers were losing their homes; others were losing their health; others were losing their sanity.
All this would have been known and recorded by the banks as they did in depth analyses of their customers situations and abilities to pay.

And all this time the banks knew they were torturing these people by stealing their money and their lives.

Unless some or all of the people responsible for this see the inside of a prison cell we can never again claim that this country is subject to the rule of law or to justice.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies