• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

How well do you know the world? In pictures you've never seen before

Malbekh

*This originally and still exists in the ROW forum that doesn't appear to exist on the main page as far as topics are concerned. So I've reposted it here so it can be seen and of course, to point out the irony, oh, the bitter irony...

Competition time peeps.

This thread will of course be consigned to chat ASAP, but actually it shouldn't. Unlike all the politics.ie threads about politics.ie threads about politics.ie posters talking about politics.ie posters, this is genuinely interesting (for me at least), challenging, and fun.

A lot of you may know the site already, but basically on this site here you are challenged to guess the location of the Google 360 image. The website is here: GeoGuessr - Let's explore the world! and after two attempts the best I've done is here: GeoGuessr - Let's explore the world!

My, that's a big link. Well, I'm off to bed know and couldn't be arsed *******ing it. I would ask for people to play fair and go with gut instinct rather than typing in names and stuff into Google. Have fun while the thread lasts.

Of course, if any enlightened mod is around, I am posting this as an experiment to see if P.ie posters' geography and rationale is better or worse than other countries. I'm then juxtaposing it to the technology section as a way of demonstrating how Google products can have enormous educational potential.....or something

You might also delete the other thread

'orebel

Last edited:

Odyessus

*This originally and still exists in the ROW forum that doesn't appear to exist on the main page as far as topics are concerned. So I've reposted it here so it can be seen and of course, to point out the irony, oh, the bitter irony...

Competition time peeps.

This thread will of course be consigned to chat ASAP, but actually it shouldn't. Unlike all the politics.ie threads about politics.ie threads about politics.ie posters talking about politics.ie posters, this is genuinely interesting (for me at least), challenging, and fun.

A lot of you may know the site already, but basically on this site here you are challenged to guess the location of the Google 360 image. The website is here: GeoGuessr - Let's explore the world! and after two attempts the best I've done is here: GeoGuessr - Let's explore the world!

My, that's a big link. Well, I'm off to bed know and couldn't be arsed *******ing it. I would ask for people to play fair and go with gut instinct rather than typing in names and stuff into Google. Have fun while the thread lasts.

Of course, if any enlightened mod is around, I am posting this as an experiment to see if P.ie posters' geography and rationale is better or worse than other countries. I'm then juxtaposing it to the technology section as a way of demonstrating how Google products can have enormous educational potential.....or something

You might also delete the other thread
[h=2]Game finished![/h] You got 8580 points in total.

Not bad, if I say so myself. :D

Fides

5629 but some give very little clue at all.

I picked Canada instead of Finland for the empty road based on the trees so not that bad really.
A car or a sign gave you some chance

The one with the two blokes, a bicycle and a lane......

'orebel

5629 but some give very little clue at all.

I picked Canada instead of Finland for the empty road based on the trees so not that bad really.
A car or a sign gave you some chance

The one with the two blokes, a bicycle and a lane......
You need to move around using street view to get a better idea of the location.

eoghanacht

eoghanacht

'orebel

'orebel

Sh!t, ye can do that?

I'msa stoopid.
Meh. I used it to move up the road and saw a pickup in the distance. I moved closer and by jigging it about I eventually figured out it was a left hand drive car. Then looking at the landscape I figured it was either Aus or SA.
It was then I noticed that the road markings should have told me it was left hand drive at first glance.

ibis

13490 - should have zoomed in before sticking a marker down!

Tea Party Patriot

So part of Japan looks very like Cannes :oops: