• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

How will Michael Lowry be Rewarded for his Loyalty?

ruserious

Michael Lowry was among the first Independents to support the government alongside Zappone as far back as the third vote for An Taoiseach a few weeks ago.

Zappone was was rewarded with a senior cabinet position.

All the other independents who eventually supported the government got something as a reward including a cardiac hospital, super junior Ministry and other sought after affairs.

But it is not clear what Lowry got.

Is he seeking protection of the government for any say, trial, down the line?

Last edited:

GDPR

Lowry got what he always wants I'm sure, for his county councillor style politics, access to all Ministers over whatever local issue at hand.

Mrwoody

Lowry is the majority of one required, he will get what ever he wants he has the deciding vote.

Cato

Lowry enjoyed easy access to government ministers in the last government which permitted him to 'deliver' for his constituents (who couldn't give a damn for his conduct while in office). This access and favours will continue during this government. Lowry doesn't need ministerial office to get what he wants - pork.

He knows where a lot of bodies are buried from the time of the Rainbow government ...

wombat

He knows where a lot of bodies are buried from the time of the Rainbow government ...
I doubt he's too interested in disturbing the left overs from his time as minister.

dent

Michael Lowry was among the first Independents to support the government alongside Zappone as far back as the third vote for An Taoiseach a few weeks ago.

All the other independents who eventually supported the government got something as a reward including a cardiac hospital, super junior Ministry and other sought after affairs.

So it would be easy to make the case that the likes of Shane Ross are enabling this ?

Cato

I doubt he's too interested in disturbing the left overs from his time as minister.
He undoubtably would not be interested in it, but in that he is not alone.

Lowry was not the only FG minister to meet with Denis O'B before the awarding of the mobile phone licence.

Another minister did so just prior to the awarding of the licence (admittedly, the meeting may not have discussed the issue) but curiously failed to record the event in his ministerial diary (more curiously still the physical page for the relevant day was removed). Said minister is still active in politics.

im axeled

his biggest worry has to be the fixture versus the state, the game has been moved to the states playing field, it is now all up to the states supporters, will they support the home or away team

ruserious

Lowry was not the only FG minister to meet with Denis O'B before the awarding of the mobile phone licence.

Another minister did so just prior to the awarding of the licence (admittedly, the meeting may not have discussed the issue) but curiously failed to record the event in his ministerial diary (more curiously still the physical page for the relevant day was removed). Said minister is still active in politics.
Did you ever do your citizen duty and report this to the Guards or shock, the media?

HereWeGoAgain

DENIS O'Brien met senior Fine Gael figures including the current leader Enda Kenny in the key months surrounding the run up to the competition for the second mobile phone licence, it has been revealed at the Moriarty Tribunal.
All revealed to the Moriarty Tribunal.
The report, which Kenny promised not to allow gather dust on a shelf, suggesting it would be acted upon ...... instead found its way to the rubbish bin.
Details of donations to Fine Gael were outlined to the inquiry yesterday, which also heard the late Fine Gael TD Jim Mitchell approached a former party worker, Dan Egan, in 1995 and asked if he would consider acting as advisor/consultant to Denis O'Brien.

Counsel said Mr Egan understood Mr O'Brien wished to raise his general profile, including his profile with the Fine Gael Party. Mr Egan had an initial meeting with him to discuss what was required and having considered the matter agreed to assist.

He advised Denis O'Brien to attend Fine Gael fundraising meetings at which he would have an opportunity of meeting ministers in an informal setting.

Mr Egan alleges he set up a meeting in Government Buildings in May 1995 with the current party leader Enda Kenny, who was then Minister for Tourism and Trade, and Richard Bruton, then Minister for Enterprise and Employment.

The Tribunal heard Denis O'Brien's diary for May 17, 1995 contained the entries "5pm Enda Kenny; 7.30pm Richard Bruton".
Link
O'Brien met FG ministers, gave funds to help boost bid - Independent.ie

HereWeGoAgain

Did you ever do your citizen duty and report this to the Guards or shock, the media?
ruserious, they all know about it - evidence given @ Moriarty Tribunal

and re thread title, I never noticed the spelling - I actually read it as Lowry .... but then I speed read a lot !

Cato

It was discovered in connection with a case being taken against the State and other parties and so will be brought before the courts then. The Gardaí are aware of it.

Prester Jim

It was discovered in connection with a case being taken against the State and other parties and so will be brought before the courts then. The Gardaí are aware of it.
Won't be holding my breath awaiting repercussions for anyone involved.
We are not the most corrupt country in Europe but we sure as hell are right up there in sheer disinterest and incompetence from our politically appointed DPP, senior Gardai and Judges when they have dodgy behaviour by a politician or rich person brought before them.
All the lefties get a good and thorough examination if there is a whiff of scandal though I hasten to note.

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com

Independent Lowry says he has 'understanding' with Fine Gael - Independent.ie

one presumes theres nothing specific nothing written down and its about access to ministers

asset test

We managed fine with the CS and the quangoes while they were all licking up to one another for weeks.

If I didn't have a brain, I would say keep it that way, and keep the politicians out of it!

Just a wry comment.

Idigress

Guess who said it: "I will not have any dealings with Michael Lowry, or any other Independent." 5/2/2016

Am I wrong in thinking that Zappone, a social lefty who presumably picked up a lot of working class votes in in Dublin South-West, hasn't received any criticism for so readily going into government?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies