How Will the Non White Irish Fare into the Future Here?

Zach Dingle

Firstly, let me preface this thread by saying what a relief it is to see a much more diverse population here, when I was growing up there were the only people who were 'different' were 2 Prods in my class and one of them was a knacker and the other was a pompous snob without academic ability, who went on to hold a €100K national post!

But my question is based on Ireland being a hugely class based society and is asking how will people who don't conform to the stereotype Irish Man/ Irish Woman get on and advance.
Passing through my local university there are obviously now thankfully, a few more students of colour but they seem to congregate together in the canteen.

My guess is that if you are of colour and not from a middle class background, I would be fairly sure you're future here will pan out like other working class folk, especially outside the Pale.
You may benefit slightly, because you may be found as more attractive by some and also when some D4 bubbled clown in The Irish Times and a few nuns discover that employment rates for your group may be a bit lower, so quotas will be introduced.

On the other our eastern European friends born here will have substantial advantages e.g. their home language as a leaving cert subject and a huge propensity to think in strategic terms.

So what are your views?

Man or Mouse

Time will tell.

Levellers

After all the Brazilians in Gort we didn't get one decent footballer out of them.

Dame_Enda

They will be subject to the usual Identity Politics the Left have used in places like the US.

Ruff says Flaherty

There will be a lot more of the non working class. Walk around Dublin and you see the unemployed(or unemployable) Irish walking around with 4-5 kids swinging out of them, same for a lot of Africans. I ,personally, dont see things ending well.

Grin and don't bear it.

They will continue to work hard and improve their lives.
They will need to because they will get no help from the leftists with their identity politics.
Their identity isn't sexy enough.
A complement really as they refuse to play the victim card so beloved of the above.

Degeneration X

They will be subject to the usual Identity Politics the Left have used in places like the US.
The Right also used Identity Politics in the US, it's called the Southern Strategy and has been ongoing for four decades now.

pumpkinpie

Perhaps so many Africans and people from the Middle East will come in and replace the Irish working classes with Asylum seekers thus forcing the working class Irish to emigrate to Africa and the Middle East which we will then transform into very successful and prosperous countries. At that point the ''new Irish'' will suddenly be oppressed/terrorised by something that will mean they need to return to their home countries thus resulting in the Irish returning home and when they've screwed up Africa and the Middle East the ''new Irish'' will want to return and repeat the cycle. It sounds far fetched and I'm joking, but it could actually happen.

Degeneration X

There will be a lot more of the non working class. Walk around Dublin and you see the unemployed(or unemployable) Irish walking around with 4-5 kids swinging out of them, same for a lot of Africans. I ,personally, dont see things ending well.
Really you don't think they might just be mothers out shopping with their kids?

Northsideman

Those who integrate, work hard and value education for their kids will do well and some very well. Those who don't won't and will be takers all their lives.

Last edited:

pumpkinpie

Really you don't think they might just be mothers out shopping with their kids?
The average working class white Irish couple have 2 or 3 children. The average non working non white non Irish have a lot more than that. That is how the demographics of a country change. Look at Bradford, Birmingham and Manchester, huge numbers of Pakistani Muslims have ghettoised areas that were traditionally mainly white British. That led to white flight and now there are areas where some Pakistani Muslims have never seen a white person in their neighbourhood.

KEYHOLE KATE

There was diversity In my class at school also: two copper nobs, several fair haired (before we discovered the word blonde), a few black-haired and the majority mousey brown. There were some spotty skins as well as snub noses and aquiline which reminded us of Don Juan del Aguila the Spaniard who came to save Ireland from those horrible Brits across the water. What we really missed in those olden times was the burka and the hijab but we still had the nuns dressed like them and also the West Cork Cloak for diversity. We also had a lot of "foreigners" looking like Bertie!

pumpkinpie

There was diversity In my class at school also: two copper nobs, several fair haired (before we discovered the word blonde), a few black-haired and the majority mousey brown. There were some spotty skins as well as snub noses and aquiline which reminded us of Don Juan del Aguila the Spaniard who came to save Ireland from those horrible Brits across the water. What we really missed in those olden times was the burka and the hijab but we still had the nuns dressed like them and also the West Cork Cloak for diversity. We also had a lot of "foreigners" looking like Bertie!
The diversity in my school was a Protestant in the class and some Chileans who had fled Pinochet. There was 1 black man, he seemed very exotic in the 1980's. I've noticed the teenage Syrian girls haven't integrated here, they still stick together and don't mix with the rest of the local kids and we have a lot of different nationalities. There's a difference between choosing not to integrate and discrimination. If a Muslim decides not to integrate that's their choice but when they want something they shout about Islamophobia and racism and discrimination.

Degeneration X

The average working class white Irish couple have 2 or 3 children. The average non working non white non Irish have a lot more than that. That is how the demographics of a country change. Look at Bradford, Birmingham and Manchester, huge numbers of Pakistani Muslims have ghettoised areas that were traditionally mainly white British. That led to white flight and now there are areas where some Pakistani Muslims have never seen a white person in their neighbourhood.
He was talking about White Irish too not just Africans.

Mercurial

They will continue to work hard and improve their lives.
They will need to because they will get no help from the leftists with their identity politics.
Their identity isn't sexy enough.
A complement really as they refuse to play the victim card so beloved of the above.
Why are white people so obsessed with identity politics?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies