• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

How would life be different if there was no abortion?

darkhorse

In conversation, I was trying to think of what the world today might be like if abortion did not exist anywhere.
What increased social problems might exist if lots of unwanted children were about? What child protection issues might exist if they were all put into homes as they were before? or how might we cope with them if abortion didnt exist at all?
There are so many missing populations now which existed in the past - but are just not there anymore.
Where are the Down Syndrome children? the cleft palate children? and other handicapped ones with missing legs or arms?
There is so little handicap among children one has to wonder if life is real anymore.
Where are the homes for the thousands of unwanted kids of the 1950's - which were full at the time.
One has to wonder would we treat these unwanted children any better that they were treated back then
Or is abortion the straight alternative to the child abuse that existed back in the day when abortion wasent there...

Last edited:

TommyO'Brien

Oh Christ. Not another fuking abortion thread. :mad: Cue 100 pages of rants, cat calls of "child murderer", "woman hater" etc over and back.

potholedogger

In conversation, I was trying to think of what the world today might be like if abortion did not exist anywhere.
What increased social problems might exist if lots of unwanted children were about? What child protection issues might exist if they were all put into homes as they were before? or how might we cope with them if abortion didnt exist at all?
There are so many missing populations now which existed in the past - but are just not there anymore.
Where are the Down Syndrome children? the cleft palate children? and other handicapped ones with missing legs or arms?
There is so little handicap among children one has to wonder if life is real anymore.
Where are the homes for the thousands of unwanted kids of the 1950's - which were full at the time.
One has to wonder would we treat these unwanted children any better that they were treated back then
Or is abortion the straight alternative to the child abuse that existed back in the day when abortion wasent there...
That would depend on whether there would be much fornication as Michelle Mulherin would put it!

statsman

I live just down the road from some sheltered accommodation that enables a group of young Downs Syndrome people to have fairly independent and full lives; have I imagined this?

darkhorse

I live just down the road from some sheltered accommodation that enables a group of young Downs Syndrome people to have fairly independent and full lives; have I imagined this?
Oh you LIVE down the road for Down Syndrome children...
Do you expect a medal for this?
What would you do if there were 10 times the amount of Downes Syndrome children living now?
(the ones who were aborted)

statsman

Oh you LIVE down the road for Down Syndrome children...
Do you expect a medal for this?
What would you do if there were 10 times the amount of Downes Syndrome children living now?
(the ones who were aborted)
No, I was merely pointing out the hyperbole in your claim that the Downs Syndrome population no longer exists. It still exists, and will continue to exist for the foreseeable.

Could you provide a link to reliable data that shows that ten elevenths of all Irish Downs Syndrome babies are aborted?

Hyperbole is a polite replacement for the word I originally typed.

james5001

Life be different for who? The people who wouldve been here anyway or the people who wouldn't?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies