Howlin at the Moon:Leader of Micro party wails at Taoiseach visiting Budapest on European Tour

Catalpast

Brendan Howlin [he is the leader of a party called 'labour'] is having a canary over Taoiseach Leo Varadkar visiting Viktor Mihály Orbán the current Prime Minister of Hungary in Budapest today.

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar is facing criticism ahead of a visit to Budapest today to meet the Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán. 
https://www.rte.ie/

After a long winded introduction it turns out the only criticism is from the leader of micro party 'Labour'!

The trip is being criticised by Labour Party leader Brendan Howlin, who says the Hungarian government is "anti-democratic and against EU values". 

And this is lead story on the RTE site!

Yesterdays Terrifying series of attacks in Dundalk has now been downgraded to a filler....

Strangely enough Comrade Howlin is mute on that one!:|

wombat

I guess Labour still have enough supporters in RTE:lol:

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
They own that Constituency

- its their only Safe Seat!:p
RTÉ is heavily populated by cultural and tribal Fianna Fáilers.

Howlin shouldn't be going on too much about this trip. If there's one crowd in the EU it makes sense to talk to, it's the less than internationalist governments in Hungary and Poland.

Catalpast

RTÉ is heavily populated by cultural and tribal Fianna Fáilers.

Howlin shouldn't be going on too much about this trip. If there's one crowd in the EU it makes sense to talk to, it's the less than internationalist governments in Hungary and Poland.
There are of course FFs in RTE

- but I would say most people who follow these things would say

- that the 'Stickies' have not been peeled off the walls yet....

Hopefully Leo will pick up a few tips from Victor on how to stand up to EU bullying and learn to grow a pair

Of course

- whether you agree with other peoples politics or not

- its Good to talk....:cool:

Hitchcock

Brendan Howlin [he is the leader of a party called 'labour'] is having a canary over Taoiseach Leo Varadkar visiting Viktor Mihály Orbán the current Prime Minister of Hungary in Budapest today.

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar is facing criticism ahead of a visit to Budapest today to meet the Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán. 
https://www.rte.ie/

After a long winded introduction it turns out the only criticism is from the leader of micro party 'Labour'!

The trip is being criticised by Labour Party leader Brendan Howlin, who says the Hungarian government is "anti-democratic and against EU values". 

And this is lead story on the RTE site!

Yesterdays Terrifying series of attacks in Dundalk has now been downgraded to a filler....

Strangely enough Comrade Howlin is mute on that one!:|
Irrespective of your rather infantile viewpoint, is it too much to ask that you begin a thread with some form of objective title and content and not your usual quasi bombastic drivel?

Analyzer

Howlin - the mouse that squeeked ( & who told himself that really he roared ).

Howlin's credibility is in the toilet. And a very expensive toilet at that.

Toland

Website
There are of course FFs in RTE

- but I would say most people who follow these things would say

- that the 'Stickies' have not been peeled off the walls yet....

Hopefully Leo will pick up a few tips from Victor on how to stand up to EU bullying and learn to grow a pair

Of course

- whether you agree with other peoples politics or not

- its Good to talk....:cool:
There is a very old trope about the stickies in RTÉ. It's at least one and a half generations out of date.

parentheses

I'm of the opinion that the Stickie presence in RTE must have been a prime reason why Labour wanted to amalgamate with DL in the 1990s

brughahaha

If that's so, they were already at the very least 15 years too late.
Missed the Presidential Election of 2011 did you ....... :roll: or maybe your just innumerate

hammer

I think Howling likes listening to his own voice.

Is there a smaller adult in this country ?

Is he over 5 foot ?

brughahaha

No. I miss very little. If you think that was a stickie plot, then you're even a worse eejit than I had you taped as, which is quite an achievement, I can tell you.
Ah the usual ad hominem in place of anything logical coherent or even resembling reality.
Support for Twee/Labour was so strong in RTE it was a coronation which nothing would be allowed disrupt ...Ask the BAI or the High Court if you don't believe me ...you on the other hand have nothing but your ridiculous assertions and counter factual fantasies ...as usual ...gob ************************e! :roll:

Toland

Website
Didn't RTE nobble Gallagher in 2011? That turned out good for Mickey D!
As I say, that had nothing at all to do with the fabled stickie circles in RTÉ.

The most prominent of Eoghan Harris's intake (the source of the trope) is one Marian Finucane, who has been clearly far closer to the PDs and the old McCreevy wing of FF decades, and whose distaste for the Labour Party is almost as old and as venomous as Eoghan Harris (whom I remember excoriating Dick Spring as leader of the Labour Party in the mid eighties).

The idea that there's a Labour cabal in RTÉ these days is no less than ridiculous. The circles around Pat Kenny, on whom the Gallagher "nobbling" was blamed, were exceptional in RTÉ in that they were quietly (and with excellent reason) hostile to Fianna Fáil, but only a real eejit would suggest that they harboured any pro-Labour feelings.

Now that Kenny's gone -- largely as a result of the Gallagher episode -- there's not much counterbalance to the list of cultural and tribal FFers who now dominate the station's line-up (and its senior management too, incidentally).

Anyone willing to put a few second's thought into the "RTÉ is run by the stickies" trope knows that it's nonsense.

New Threads