• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

HSE believes 200 children died in care in past 10 years.

Newsy

The Health Service Executive now believes that approximately 200 children have died in state care in the last ten years.
HSE believes 200 children died in care | The Post

This is truly shocking.

We can gasp at the awful abuse of children by sections of the Irish Church which became apparent through the Ryan and Murphy Reports.

However, it now appears apparent that 200 children have died, while in the care of the HSE, State care.

200 children are dead!!!! Where is the outrage, the demonstrations, the shame of a state agency under whose watch, such deaths occured???

hammer

Its Ireland.

HSE dont care, obviously.
Government dont care.
People dont care ( in big numbers )

This country is a backward, corrupt piss pot.

Newsy

Its Ireland.

HSE dont care, obviously.
Government dont care.
People dont care ( in big numbers )

This country is a backward, corrupt piss pot.
Corruption is one thing.....but 200 children DEAD.

WHY don't people (in big numbers) care, hammer???

hammer

If they did they would demand that the HSE be disbanded and the Minister for Children ( Yes, we have one ) would be removed immediately plus any former Minister of Health in this 10 year period. We are a lazy backward country.

This will be old news in 10 days.

hammer

Is Mary Harney accountable FOR ANYTHING besides her bleedin.........FAS expenses

rhonda15

that's at least 1 a month every month for the last 10 years

nothing less than a silent holocaust

Newsy

We vote in the parties that run the system we pay the price
Yes, we do.

But these children....are OUR children.

We are on this website and we talk about ff/fg/gp/sf/in.....we can talk about all kinds of subjects, politics wise......

However, 200 children are dead.

Newsy

Hakaman

Is Mary Harney accountable FOR ANYTHING besides her bleedin.........FAS expenses
This is surely a resignation matter? Not that Harney will take the appropriate responsibility and resign.

The one thing that most disappoints about this Government and recent Governments is the complete lack of personal responsibility when it comes to fulfilling their duties as a Mister - complete lack of the 'Buck stops here' philosophy.

Dear God, I apologise, idealism is just so pointless when it comes to Irish Politics. :-(

Newsy

If they did they would demand that the HSE be disbanded and the Minister for Children ( Yes, we have one ) would be removed immediately plus any former Minister of Health in this 10 year period. We are a lazy backward country.

This will be old news in 10 days.
I throw my hands up in despair.

Newsy

Dear God, I apologise, idealism is just so pointless when it comes to Irish Politics. :-(
Please don't apologise for idealism.

We need idealism RESTORED and LIVED BY.

hammer

As I said we are a backward nation.

People in power just shrug their shoulders and move on to the next problem.

Remember that the HSE told the Government it was 23 deaths. Barring natural causes it is a disgrace.

We also have 11,000 junkies in Dublin. This figure is increasing year on year. What is being done for these people. The happy chappy that "supplied" Katy French got a suspended sentence. That says it all for me.

If you dont pay your f................TV licence you get imprisonment. If you dont have a dog licence you get imprisonment.

Backward, f..............up country.

A country where the Government didn`t reduce blood alcohol level because of pressure from VINTNERS !!!!!!! for years.

Cato

Shocking news. There is no accountability or responsibility, or even a sense of shame in so many of our institutions. Church and State have let us down so badly when it comes to the protection of our children. Just like the church not one head will roll for this until some report comes out 20 years from now detailing these events. It's shocking that there is no general outrage about this.

spidermom

newsy,you know that this is one of my bug bears.
What is more of a disgrace is that the HSE had claimed that the number was 23...its 10 times that number.

As for the reaction here....It doesn't suprise me at all.
When the ryan et all reports come out the posters here will pontificate with hundreds of posts about the church and the governement and the state authorities and how appaling it was.But you see that was in the past and someone or everyone else was to blame!!

NOW...we all share a collective responsibility in this...and we all have an excuse.

Its children at risk,its the young homeless,its emigrant children,its the child mental health service,its the unregulated child disability services...and its the lack of a child rights referendum, first muted in 1998!!!

I posted this last night.....http://www.politics.ie/health-social-affairs/130178-hse-expert-group-review-child-deaths.html...note the replies....ZERO!!!

Newsy

As I said we are a backward nation.

People in power just shrug their shoulders and move on to the next problem.

Remember that the HSE told the Government it was 23 deaths. Barring natural causes it is a disgrace.

We also have 11,000 junkies in Dublin. This figure is increasing year on year. What is being done for these people. The happy chappy that "supplied" Katy French got a suspended sentence. That says it all for me.

If you dont pay your f................TV licence you get imprisonment. If you dont have a dog licence you get imprisonment.

Backward, f..............up country.

A country where the Government didn`t reduce blood alcohol level because of pressure from VINTNERS !!!!!!! for years.
I know hammer......it really is maddening and depressing

Priorities are really back-to-front, putting it very mild.

As a country, we REALLY need to WAKE THE F8CK UP and GET WITH THE PROGRAMME.

hammer

As for the reaction here....It doesn't suprise me at all.
Have you read the reaction. We all believe that it is an absolute disgrace.
We get muppets for politicians. Do they have a clue about anything besides re-election. Great for attending funerals, sorting out medical cards, fast tracking passports, filling pot holes and spending money in the year prior to an election. 23% of the electorate still believe Fianna Failure are doing a good job. We aS A Nation are THICK.

hammer

The same gombeen pot hole fillers were the same gombeens that voted through a bank gurantee for €440,000,000,000 which could impoverish us for years.

€23 billion for Anglo
€2.7 billion for INBS
Fast tracking passports
Not holding the HSE to account
Attending funerals

Doesn`t make sense

spidermom

Have you read the reaction. We all believe that it is an absolute disgrace.
We get muppets for politicians. Do they have a clue about anything besides re-election. Great for attending funerals, sorting out medical cards, fast tracking passports, filling pot holes and spending money in the year prior to an election. 23% of the electorate still believe Fianna Failure are doing a good job. We aS A Nation are THICK.
ARA...you do and me and newsy and the few others that have posted....but will this thread make to the numbers the church threads did...no way Hammer!!...some of us care but not enough which is why in 2007 the "HAVE'S" voted back in these FU*KERS...and the "HAVE NOTS" are still suffering!!

Social solidarity is dead and buried on the Emerald Isle

hammer

BTW Vinny Browne has been writing about it for the last 3 years or so

5000 people die prematurely every year because they dont get proper care

What happens. F..............ALL