• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Huge explosion in Derry - reports it's a bomb.

nicht besonders

Was just about to start a thread on this, lots of talk on Twitter, but no official source yet

Twitter

Just Jack

I heard it.

Controlled explosion near Ulster Bank at DV’s Hotel.

Ó Donnchadha

What are you hearing on twitter ?

Sync

They're all saying explosion between Da Vincis and Ulster Bank.

cry freedom

Slab will cream his jeans again.

Cabbage/Turnip

supposedly no injuries... there is reports another building is on fire too other than the bomb area?

breakingnews

The British Home Secretary increased the threat level last week regarding dissident republicans.

Kevin Doyle

The British Home Secretary increased the threat level last week regarding dissident republicans.
I thought that was in relation to Britain?

This is absolutely ridiculous, hopefully the reports of no casualities bear out.

GreenBack

BBC news reporting that it was a car bomb. no injuries.

"Car bomb explodes in Londonderry, causing damage to shopping centre. No injuries reported"

breakingnews

Isn't Derry Britain?

Anyway, RTE said there are no reports of any injuries but that there has been substantial damage caused by the blast.

diarmy

I thought that was in relation to Britain?
Not to be pedantic on this issue, but Derry is in Britain. Has been for quite some time.

I do hope this is just a controlled explosion though. Don't want us lumped into the USA warning on potential terror spots announced this week.

ItsEvolution

Not to be pedantic on this issue, but Derry is in Britain. Has been for quite some time.

I do hope this is just a controlled explosion though. Don't want us lumped into the USA warning on potential terror spots announced this week.
maybe instead about worrying being pedantic you should brush up on your geography britian is England wales and Scotland Derry is the uk

breakingnews

No Derry is in the uk not britain, Jesus you'd think people would know that by now
I know Britain refers to England, Wales and Scotland. The UK includes Northern Ireland. However, don't unionists in the North consider themselves British and that they live on British territory etc etc. Northern Ireland is part of Britain.

Ó Donnchadha

anyone with something insightful regarding the explosion ? The rest are talking ************************e.

ItsEvolution

I know Britain refers to England, Wales and Scotland. The UK includes Northern Ireland. However, don't unionists in the North consider themselves British and that they live on British territory etc etc. Northern Ireland is part of Britain.
No they are british but they dont live on the island of britian they would except that, its simple look at the front of the passport ''the unitied kingdom of great britain and northern ireland'' two different land masses, so no NI is 100% not part of britain

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies