• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Huge massacre of Christians in Sri Lanka

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
The Islamic world has an incredibly impressive philosophical tradition. Also they have brilliant novelists. People like Yusuf Idris and Ulfat Idilbi are amazing.
I don't deny that nor does it contradict what I said:
Spain translates more books into Spanish every year than the Arab world has translated into Arabic since the 9th century.
And we're not just talking novels.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt

rem81

Rotherham was a rape game for all the family on a grand scale. Fathers, brothers and sons raping little girls for fun. Little girls who nobody cared about plied with drugs and drink then driven to flats and houses where these men sat around in the living room then took turns, literally, raping them in the other room while the others sat around waiting for their turn. Many of the girls were picked up outside the school gates and driven to the places directly. A really common form or relaxation for Muslim taxi drivers and fast food workers was to rape these little girls on a break from a taxi run or on their break from work. Social Services hid it, the Police hid it, the politicians hid it and why? Because it would be racist to expose it and when push came to shove what mattered, the only thing that mattered, was to not be seen as racist. It's still going on and it's going on not just in Rotherham or the North of England but all over Britain in all Muslim communities.

I know quite a few people who would like to partake in such activities if they had the chance... I think a major factor is the PCness of the police allowing it to continue. Because I know several whites who would absolutely enjoy such things if twas allowed. Have you considered that?

willow68

Exactly. Which is why we need to be vigilant here on our own island.

willow68

I know quite a few people who would like to partake in such activities if they had the chance... I think a major factor is the PCness of the police allowing it to continue. Because I know several whites who would absolutely enjoy such things if twas allowed. Have you considered that?
Are you dense? 'All men rape so there..'. This was a form of jihad, a struggle, carried out in the name of Islam. fgs. One child was branded with an M. She was now the property of Mo. Kuffar women are nothing more than chattels to them. Less than full humans.

rem81

rem81

I'd laugh if it were funny. Jesus wept.

British Asians raping girls = waging Jihad because most of the perpetrators loosely identify as Muslim..... Ive never heard the likes of it. Alt right nonsense. Im sure the Catholic rapists of girls are waging crusade.... and the Proddies must be on some Paisleyite theological rampage

Mercurial

For this you can thank the oppressor/victim narrative invented by post-modern "theorists". Mercurial was an example of what happens when a person becomes fully possessed by it. No notion is too irrational, no moral equivalence so abjectly morally appalling that cannot be justified with this "theory". At its heart it's an assault on objectivity and objective truth. Predictably, it is hostile to science and having eaten its way through the humanities is now working on biology. As predicted it has broken free of the academy and is now reproducing in the wild. It's a new religion and millennials and many Gen-X'ers are full of it.
You're such a cliché.

Hillmanhunter1

:ROFLMAO:

The Islamic world has an incredibly impressive philosophical tradition. Also they have brilliant novelists. People like Yusuf Idris and Ulfat Idilbi are amazing. I have found secular Westerners a lot more incurious than Muslims. All most secular Westerners are interested in is getting wrecked on drugs and/or alcohol, (bad) sex and making money.
I've lived in the Gulf region for a decade I've never seen a local reading anything other than the Koran, a text-book or a newspaper. I've gone into bookshops that cater to locals and 90% of what is there is just Korans and children's colouring books.

I think that in other parts of the Arab world (perhaps Egypt, Syria) there is a greater appreciation of the merits of creative writing, but certainly not among the Bedouin and neighbouring tribes.

Emily Davison

Are you dense? 'All men rape so there..'. This was a form of jihad, a struggle, carried out in the name of Islam. fgs. One child was branded with an M. She was now the property of Mo. Kuffar women are nothing more than chattels to them. Less than full humans.
Catholic boys were raped by Catholic priests and brothers for decades. Carried out in the name of Catholicism.

shutuplaura

In discussions like this I do sometimes get the feeling that both sides are part right, part wrong. When you boil it down, both sides build their argument around a solid kernel of truth. Many people who fear Islam are basically rascist wierdos. Many of it's defenders do seem blind to genuine concerns and are too quick to lump rascism together with these concerns under these genuine concerns, label them rascist and ignore them.

My Muslim in-laws are peaceful God fearing people who would never condone the bombing of churches. That being said, I gave noticed very strong anti-Semitism and a very marked tendency to believe really crazy conspiracy theories. It's a small sample size but I get the impression that such a mindset is not uncommon, and can lead to radicalization when paired with other more pathological views.

Lagertha

Now I know that you are a troll and shall ignore you.

Super Caley

Catholic boys were raped by Catholic priests and brothers for decades. Carried out in the name of Catholicism.
You know full well, such rapes were not carried out in the name of Catholicism, but rather under the cover of Catholicism. Such behaviour is, and always was, explicitly prohibited by Catholic doctrine.

Equally, and in fairness to Islam, I have my doubts that the Rotherham rapes were (as suggested by some) carried out in the name of Islam either, but rather, again under the cover of Islam. But of course that is something we are now learning, that sexual abusers will use what ever cover is available to facilitate their crimes; churches, mosques, scouts, football, you name it.

So I think the sexual allegations are a bit of a red herring here. Although Islam does treat women appallingly, still I don't really buy the "Islam allows/encourages men to rape" line. The real concern with Islam is that, contrary to other major contemporary value systems, both religious and secular alike, it can be read as placing an explicit duty on men to kill.

Lagertha

You know full well, such rapes were not carried out in the name of Catholicism, but rather under the cover of Catholicism. Such behaviour is, and always was, explicitly prohibited by Catholic doctrine.

Equally, and in fairness to Islam, I have my doubts that the Rotherham rapes were (as suggested by some) carried out in the name of Islam either, but rather, again under the cover of Islam. But of course that is something we are now learning, that sexual abusers will use what ever cover is available to facilitate their crimes; churches, mosques, scouts, football, you name it.

So I think the sexual allegations are a bit of a red herring here. Although Islam does treat women appallingly, still I don't really buy the "Islam allows/encourages men to rape" line. The real concern with Islam is that, contrary to other major contemporary value systems, both religious and secular alike, it can be read as placing an explicit duty on men to kill.
Almost all of the men were Muslim, most were of Pakistani origin. The koran does tell them that it's fine to abuse and rape non Muslims. The koran, a book written by a man who married and raped a 9 year old child. A religion that in the Middle East allows men to marry a child as soon as she's had her first period. It is Islam that's the problem, Islam and the culture within the Muslim community that accepts this stuff. There was outrage in the Muslim community when what had been happening in Rotherham was made public, not because of the horrors that Muslim men did to little girls but because the Muslims were pissed off that people would say negative things about Islam.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt

owedtojoy

I don't deny that nor does it contradict what I said:
Spain translates more books into Spanish every year than the Arab world has translated into Arabic since the 9th century.
And we're not just talking novels.
And what is your authroity for that statement? Who did the counting.

Considering that for 500 years (since the 9th century), the Arab world preserved the knowledge of the ancient world better than the Christians did.

Would it shock you to learn we still teach our children Arabic numerals, aka Hindu-Arabic numerals?

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
In discussions like this I do sometimes get the feeling that both sides are part right, part wrong. When you boil it down, both sides build their argument around a solid kernel of truth. Many people who fear Islam are basically rascist wierdos. Many of it's defenders do seem blind to genuine concerns and are too quick to lump rascism together with these concerns under these genuine concerns, label them rascist and ignore them.

My Muslim in-laws are peaceful God fearing people who would never condone the bombing of churches. That being said, I gave noticed very strong anti-Semitism and a very marked tendency to believe really crazy conspiracy theories. It's a small sample size but I get the impression that such a mindset is not uncommon, and can lead to radicalization when paired with other more pathological views.
Your Muslim in-laws are very typical. Normal, regular people who've been steeped in the conspiracy and ancient emneties. Conspiracy theory is rampant right across the Muslim world. There is some deep-seated need to find someone or something to blame for the state of the place and given it's a given Islam is perfect in every conceivable way, they are blinkered from examining it. So, conspiracy. It's the Jews. It's the infidel.

Kevin Parlon

Twitter
Deiscirt
And what is your authroity for that statement? Who did the counting.

Considering that for 500 years (since the 9th century), the Arab world preserved the knowledge of the ancient world better than the Christians did.
Preserved something they inherited. Correct, yes they did. The source is the UN Arab Human Development Report.

https://brian.carnell.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/ahdr2003e.pdf

Would it shock you to learn we still teach our children Arabic numerals, aka Hindu-Arabic numerals?
No. The giveaway was in the name "Arabic numerals".

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies