Hungary: Resistance to the Orban far-right regime emerges into the open ....

recedite

After winning a 2018 election, his third in a row, Orban said he had won a “mandate to build a new era”.
It is long past time that the rest of Europe woke up to Orban's fascism, and either threw it out of the EU, or forced it back to a democratic path.
How could unelected EU bureaucrats force an elected leader "back to a democratic path"?
I'd be hard pressed to think of anything less democratic than what you propose.
Mind you, that is just typical of the antifa mentality. There's no fascist like an antifa fascist.

owedtojoy

How could unelected EU bureaucrats force an elected leader "back to a democratic path"?
I'd be hard pressed to think of anything less democratic than what you propose.
Mind you, that is just typical of the antifa mentality. There's no fascist like an antifa fascist.
For one thing, the EU have financial auditors and civil servants who could stop Orban funneling EU money to his oligarchs and to his family.

And by the way, that is some of our tax money. You may not mind subsidising a fascist thug, but I do.

Like all autocrats, Orban is as corrupt as ****, and his corruption will probably bring him down in the end.

Former Viktor Orban Ally Exposes Corruption That Rots Hungary

recedite

an allegation that tobacco-sale permits in a provincial town were handed out
Its fairly minor stuff. And that from a guy who has dedicated years of his life to digging for muck, to sling back at the govt.
You'd find that kind of low level stuff in probably every EU country, if you were bothered searching for it.

recedite

For example if Orban was really such a crook, you'd think he would be keen to sell out his country and get into the asylum industry ;
In 2015, Phelim McCloskey’s personal wealth was estimated at €46 million McCloskey is a donor to the political party, Fianna Fáil, the party that set up the direct provision system. Carl O’Brien of the Irish Times reported in October 2013, Mosney Holidays: ‘donations to Fianna Fáil worth €4,050 in 2009 and €5,500 in 2008. There is no suggestion that those donations had any link to the company winning the State contract.’ :whistle:
But Orban hasn't done that.

I'd love to know what all Simon Coveney's investments are in. I have a feeling that he has his fingers in the same pie, somehow. Certainly he has some kind of substantial property portfolio, as well as whatever the Investment Club invests in. If homelessness was solved, or rents came down, he would definitely suffer a financial blow.

Last edited:

Dough

The main opposition party in Hungary is even more right wing. Fidesz enjoys a lot of support.

And why wouldn’t they? The economy is doing well, and the country is keeping immigration under control.

Hungarians see the result of mass immigration in the rest of Europe and rightfully recognise its not a good idea for them to follow the same path.

McTell

Twitter
No

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies