• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Hurricane Sandy

Cruimh

ruserious

Taking it to another level, this could be a chance for Obama to act Presidential in a big way days before the Presidential election.

Riadach

Apparently it may join up with an Arctic Storm!

Of course, apparently, we're not to be worried by the idea of "oceans rising".

Taking it to another level, this could be a chance for Obama to act Presidential in a big way days before the Presidential election.
Not just that, if it's bad (and it might turn out to be nt so bad as feared) then it'll deprive Romney of much-needed publicity in the last few days (while Obama can get to look all Presidential).

On a personal note, my brother-in-law lives in New Jersey, and it seems to be headed straight there, I do hope it isn't as bad as feared (nor the storm surge as great as feared).

Riadach

Am I right in thinking that north-eastern America have predominantly stone built houses?

Last edited:

drummed

The insurance industry will be having a sleepless few hours. We'll all have to pay if they get badly hit.

asset test

Sometimes, when all the prep is done for such events, they do not happen at the scale predicted.

Just hope that is the case here.

Of course the media outlets are gagging for a disaster of Biblical proportions.

I think there has been plenty of warning about this. Lessons learned from Katrina.

@Riadach, yes, you may be right, stone built houses predominate I think... Unlike the flimsy things in Florida and the like that get bashed every time.

Gurdiev

Is it Vincent Browne's fault ?

Riadach

NYCKY

It looks like it is going to be a bad one. Schools and colleges in the NYC/NJ area and work is for most people as the bus, subways and trains are shutting from this evening.

It's like Christmas at the supermarket with people people stocking up on water, batteries etc.

Gabha Óir

Catalpa

It looks like it is going to be a bad one. Schools and colleges in the NYC/NJ area and work is for most people as the bus, subways and trains are shutting from this evening.

It's like Christmas at the supermarket with people people stocking up on water, batteries etc.
Good Luck over there!

Keep us posted

if you can...

westernyelp

Errrr Nope.... Stone build for most city houses, but the burbs and the seafront are timber framed....
Yep, timber framed and Shingles etc is what I meant. not Three little pigs wooden houses. although its mostly Straw in Vermont :cool:

ruserious

Ireland too is probably one of the safest countries in the world to live in terms of natural disasters.