I am Heteroactivist and Proud of it!

Catalpast

Anyway I think I am if I read this fluff piece in the Paper of Record correctly...:cool:

I cant seeing anything wrong with being one BTW

I don't hate Gays

- but its just not my Thing....:|

Anyway see what you think:

The rise of heteroactivism

Opinion: a well-organised and networked opposition is forming to contest such LGBT gains as same-sex marriage in ways that are very different to the anti-gay rhetoric of the past
By Kath Browne, Maynooth University and Catherine J. Nash, Brock University
For many years, the train of lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans equalities appeared unstoppable. In places like the UK and Canada, the passing of same-sex marriage appeared to enshrine the rights of those who were once persecuted for who they were and who they loved. After the euphoria of same sex marriage referendums in Ireland in 2015 and Australia in 2017, it can appear that the world is won.
https://www.rte.ie/eile/brainstorm/2018/0222/942632-the-rise-of-heteroactivism/

owedtojoy

Anyway I think I am if I read this fluff piece in the Paper of Record correctly...:cool:

I don't hate Gays

Opinion: a well-organised and networked opposition is forming to contest such LGBT gains as same-sex marriage in ways that are very different to the anti-gay rhetoric of the past
For many years, the train of lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans equalities appeared unstoppable. In places like the UK and Canada, the passing of same-sex marriage appeared to enshrine the rights of those who were once persecuted for who they were and who they loved. After the euphoria of same sex marriage referendums in Ireland in 2015 and Australia in 2017, it can appear that the world is won.
Heteroactivism is nothing new.

Donald Trump and Bill Clinton have been at it for years.

Mercurial

Regardless of the merits of the author's arguments, it's a bit early to be declaring victory in the battle for equal rights when our LGBT brothers and sisters in Northern Ireland lack the same rights enjoyed by LGBT people in the Republic and Britain.

Catalpast

Regardless of the merits of the author's arguments, it's a bit early to be declaring victory in the battle for equal rights when our LGBT brothers and sisters in Northern Ireland lack the same rights enjoyed by LGBT people in the Republic and Britain.
Good Luck with that 1!:D

Mick Mac

And when in Dublin you have leading religious figures calling gays diseased.

We can't be pointing at the dup and ballymena anymore.

Dublin has it's own and just as bad.

Deadlock

I don't hate Gays

Good for you Catalpast - will the first straight pride parades in the world wind their way about the streets of Blanchardstown soon?

And will straight people with brown and yellow skin, Irish or immigrant, be allowed to march?

And straight Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Animists, Zoroastrians, agnostics and atheists, Irish or immigrant, be included?

Emily Davison

I don't hate Gays

Nah, no go. Homophobia. Disguised. Badly. Is it yourself Cattelpest. Where have I heard of Maynooth before, I'm sure I've heard of it.

Catalpast

If nothing else, the prospect of having to respect LGBT people might scare the DUP into returning to government rather than have it imposed upon them by Westminster.
That is not very likely

- with the Duppers holding the Balance of Power in the Mother of all Parliaments....:cool:

Mick Mac

Nah, no go. Homophobia. Disguised. Badly. Is it yourself Cattelpest. Where have I heard of Maynooth before, I'm sure I've heard of it.
The gays are diseased as someone once said but like catalpast that wasn't homophobia either.

Catalpast

Good for you Catalpast - will the first straight pride parades in the world wind their way about the streets of Blanchardstown soon?

And will straight people with brown and yellow skin, Irish or immigrant, be allowed to march?

And straight Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Animists, Zoroastrians, agnostics and atheists, Irish or immigrant, be included?
Ah well if that's what your after then check out the Centre next March 17th

- for a real Irish Welcome....:cool:

Well kinda sorta...:)

talkingshop

I don't hate Gays

So seeking to preserve freedom of religion and freedom of speech is some sort of threat to LGBT now? :roll:

Spirit Of Newgrange

2018. The rise of 'Manning Manners'.

Follow the lead of the late great Bernard Manning. Go and offend everybody. And if anybody doesn't like it they can f.....koff.

and we can start with those stupid toilets at ucd, work through refugee centres and take out the animal rights people with a large bloody steak/pork chop with an extra side of onion rings and an indoors cigarette before i go off and pinch the aris of some fit bird.

New Threads

Most Replies