I assumed the Assumption was Real. It's not.

Our Lady, Virgin Mother of Jesus, was only assumed into Heaven in 1950 by Pope Pius X11, I found out when reading last night. That was nice of him, wasn't it? A bit late though? I mean, what was she, nearly 2,000 years old by then?

Did you know that Constantine, him that ensured the Christian faith flourished and was accepted, was a mammy's boy. She found the cave where Jesus had been buried. She found the cave where Jesus had been born. She even found the cave where Jesus lived! She did! Very fond of caves was the mother of Emperor Constantine. Never occured to her that he might have lived in a nice two storey house with a carpenters workshop in the grounds.

But the best part about Emperor Constantine who murdered his own son by the way, was that he boiled his wife to death in her own bath! Nice man. Thank God he was around to save the faith.

Would yiz leave me something to bleedingwell believe in! Would jas?

b.a. baracus

Where in the name of the Lord did Mary spend the intervening 1,917 odd years? Working as a barmaid in a boozer in Jerusalem? There are a couple of holes in this whole Jesus thing when you start looking into it.

Cael

The Assumption may not have been made church dogma until 1950, but it was Christian traditon since the early church. The Orthodox church also has a version of this called Dormition.

sondagefaux

What???!!!!!!!!!!! A religion that makes up a load of nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!

SevenStars

Our Lady, Virgin Mother of Jesus, was only assumed into Heaven in 1950 by Pope Pius X11, I found out when reading last night. That was nice of him, wasn't it? A bit late though? I mean, what was she, nearly 2,000 years old by then?
Oh my, oh my....The tradition that St Mary after her death and burial was assumed into Heaven body and soul prefiguring the general resurrection is pre-Nicene.

An Gilladaker

Where in the name of the Lord did Mary spend the intervening 1,917 odd years? Working as a barmaid in a boozer in Jerusalem? There are a couple of holes in this whole Jesus thing when you start looking into it.
Just be careful not to fall into any of them holes you might not be able to get out:lol:

ocoonassa

There are a couple of holes in this whole Jesus thing when you start looking into it.
I did that and I found out he wasn't even called Jesus. Sure when they even have his name wrong.....

dresden8

Did you know that Constantine, him that ensured the Christian faith flourished and was accepted, was a mammy's boy. She found the cave where Jesus had been buried. She found the cave where Jesus had been born. She even found the cave where Jesus lived! She did! Very fond of caves was the mother of Emperor Constantine. Never occured to her that he might have lived in a nice two storey house with a carpenters workshop in the grounds.

But the best part about Emperor Constantine who murdered his own son by the way, was that he boiled his wife to death in her own bath! Nice man. Thank God he was around to save the faith.

Would yiz leave me something to bleedingwell believe in! Would jas?
You seem disappointed it was only made up 60 years ago instead of only being made up 2,000 years ago.

Either way, made up.

SevenStars

I believe it was the True Cross St Helen is most famous for finding...And she was a pretty strong woman in her own right...Calling him a mammy's boy is worse than silly.

ocoonassa

I quite like to think of Mary blasting off from Earth up and out into the heavens. I wonder how many light years she is away, and where she'd have got to on this map

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17jymDn0W6U]YouTube - The Known Universe by AMNH[/ame]

Cael

I quite like to think of Mary blasting off from Earth up and out into the heavens. I wonder how many light years she is away, and where she'd have got to on this map
What do you think of M-theory? Is it more provable that a graviton can move between ten dimentions, than that Mary was assumed into heaven?

splashy

What do you think of M-theory? Is it more provable that a graviton can move between ten dimentions, than that Mary was assumed into heaven?
Perhaps one is an allegorical explanation of the other?

Cael

SevenStars

Erm - what would be the point of bodily assumption ?
Thats like asking what would be the point of the resurrection of the body something all Christians believe in....:rolleyes:

I did that and I found out he wasn't even called Jesus. Sure when they even have his name wrong.....
I know, I just bleeding' well got to that bit in the book. Yehweh or something, so much for taking the Lord's name in vain. Can't even pronounce it.

And guess what? Yis'll never believe this. King Herod was dead 6 years before Jesu..I beg your pardon Yehweh was born!

Cael

I know, I just bleeding' well got to that bit in the book. Yehweh or something, so much for taking the Lord's name in vain. Can't even pronounce it.

And guess what? Yis'll never believe this. King Herod was dead 6 years before Jesu..I beg your pardon Yehweh was born!
A chara, you really should learn something about a subject before you post a thread on it.

So, does she have a return ticket to turn up at Medjugorje and Knock ?
Now don't be silly Cruimh. How can she be in two, (oh, don't forget Lourdes, and Ballinspittle) loads of places all at the same time. And that bit of a tree trunk, where was that.

And talking of trees, Constantine's mammy not only found the cross Yehweh was hanged on, but she also found the exact same tree, surprisingly, it was not found in a cave.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies