I cannot believe this story...no wonder were bankrupt!

mindyk007

A family i know..not well but got talking to the mammy in the docs..apparently the family of 4 are on the housing list near the top ages..they are renting themselves but the landlord as like many are putting the rent up and they cannot afford it..they cant find anywhere for the price they can afford even though they are both working..they have 2 school going kids same sex .they were onto the council begging for help and the council said there was nowere to put them.they have no 2 bed houses available and they wont consider them for a three bed even though there is loads of them..now the area they are down for is not a great area but that's were they are all from.
ow the mother has to move back into her parents spare boxroom with the kids and 1 dog and the father has to move into his mothers boxroom...a family is to be split up..a working family..there situation is sooo like mine its freaky as i hope we dont end up there..but here is the icing on the cake..the mammy is now entitled to apply for dole as she is only part time worker and the dad wont be living with them as there's no room..the mammy is wondering if she should apply for it as shes never been on sw b4.so the state who could help this family with a council house but didnt now has to pay over 100 pw or what ever it is to this broken up family who want noting better than to live together...whats mad is the extra money they will get separately could have paid the extra rent and kept them together but they didn't qualify for ras or rent allowance or any thing as they work.i find this mad and stupid..there is o incentive to work and raise a family in this country:roll:

hmmm

there is o incentive to work and raise a family in this country:roll:
Since when did we expect the state to pay for someone's kids? It wasn't the states choice to have a family they couldn't afford to raise properly.

seanmacc

I think there should be a new ministry set up in the new government called the Minister of Common Sense. All it would need is somebody with the power to overrule the red tape in a fast and consistent manner.

jcdf

I am sorry that you are in this situation. :(

Hardball

What local authority area is this in?

It was my understanding that the arse had fallen out of the rental market. I know a number families in Navan, Co. Meath, paying between €500 & €600 a month rental for 3 bed houses. Which to my mind is an affordable rent judging by what you have outlined.

mindyk007

yes the mammy works part time and the father works full time on low wages...so hmmm or whatever your name is...is it only the rich who should have babies...i think if you work hard you should be able to have a child...most people cannot afford children even on middle income earnings but they have a right to a family

mindyk007

I am sorry that you are in this situation. :(
it is not me than god but it soon could be..we have to find somewhere to live after xmas and we both work...but we have options this poor family doesn't..but how many more people or families end up on sw for this reason families who always work and try to pay their way..its madness

hmmm

most people cannot afford children even on middle income earnings but they have a right to a family
There's tens of thousands of families in this country raising kids on middle incomes and they don't come on here whinging that they're not getting a free house.

eoghanacht

Since when did we expect the state to pay for someone's kids? It wasn't the states choice to have a family they couldn't afford to raise properly.
I suggest you read the Proclamation, esp the bit about cherishing the children and then let the fact that the people are the state, our kids will be future citizens unless we allow ourselves to follow the current path.

hmmm

I suggest you read the Proclamation, esp the bit about cherishing the children and then let the fact that the people are the state, our kids will be future citizens unless we allow ourselves to follow the current path.
I suggest you get your hand out of my pocket. If someone wants to have kids good for them. Make sure you can afford it and don't expect everyone else to provide for you.

mindyk007

What local authority area is this in?

It was my understanding that the arse had fallen out of the rental market. I know a number families in Navan, Co. Meath, paying between €500 & €600 a month rental for 3 bed houses. Which to my mind is an affordable rent judging by what you have outlined.
i agree that it should be affordable now but actually our landlord is increasing our rent too...so if this couples landlord and our landlord is increasing rent then its a false notion that the rental market its doing bad..it must be doing good..my cousin had to move last month as her landlord increased her rent and she was on rent allowance

Cassandra Syndrome

Well it would appear the State is paying the boarding fees of the Bankers sprogs as they would be broke in the absence of the €100 Billion bailout, so why not? When in Rome and all that...

BTW, great to see you getting into the Christmas Spirit early.

mindyk007

There's tens of thousands of families in this country raising kids on middle incomes and they don't come on here whinging that they're not getting a free house.
god are you annoyed because you earn too much to put your name on the list...aw bless..poor u petunia

Cassandra Syndrome

I suggest you get your hand out of my pocket. If someone wants to have kids good for them. Make sure you can afford it and don't expect everyone else to provide for you.
Taxpayers wasted money on you way back donating for your child benefit and education evidently

eoghanacht

What makes you think i want anybody to pay for it. Let me guess you have no kids?

A Time for Every Purpose

it is not me than god but it soon could be..we have to find somewhere to live after xmas and we both work...but we have options this poor family doesn't..but how many more people or families end up on sw for this reason families who always work and try to pay their way..its madness
It's criminal,but you will not hear the liberal mush minded standing up for people like you .
It has to be someone 'out there',a faceless stranger ,then they can pretend they care.
I absolutely hate those greedy thieves at R.T.E.

KingKane

Website
www.danielsullivan.ie
Twitter
kingkane
A family i know..not well but got talking to the mammy in the docs..apparently the family of 4 are on the housing list near the top ages..they are renting themselves but the landlord as like many are putting the rent up and they cannot afford it..they cant find anywhere for the price they can afford even though they are both working..they have 2 school going kids same sex .they were onto the council begging for help and the council said there was nowere to put them.they have no 2 bed houses available and they wont consider them for a three bed even though there is loads of them..now the area they are down for is not a great area but that's were they are all from.

ow the mother has to move back into her parents spare boxroom with the kids and 1 dog and the father has to move into his mothers boxroom...a family is to be split up..a working family..there situation is sooo like mine its freaky as i hope we dont end up there..but here is the icing on the cake..the mammy is now entitled to apply for dole as she is only part time worker and the dad wont be living with them as there's no room..the mammy is wondering if she should apply for it as shes never been on sw b4.so the state who could help this family with a council house but didnt now has to pay over 100 pw or what ever it is to this broken up family who want noting better than to live together...whats mad is the extra money they will get separately could have paid the extra rent and kept them together but they didn't qualify for ras or rent allowance or any thing as they work.i find this mad and stupid..there is o incentive to work and raise a family in this country:roll:
Why would a family with 2 kids be expected to move into a 2 bedroom house, and how many 2 bedroom houses have there ever been available? And what landlord is upping his rent in this day and age with rents dropping all over the place?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies