I cannot stress too much that Britain is part of Europe, and always will be - Boris Johnson

Fractional Reserve

Ah here for godsake that a load of shyte . The other thing is they have loads of land , farmers are as entrepreneurial as any other , and will fill that small vaccum rapid .
They manufacture so stop this that they don't , they sell services from finance to accountancy software , online shyte etc etc .
if the pound continues to fall and the fooking clowns in Europe tariff the uk they will still be cheap .
Europe think they can fook British business they can't and won't , they are arrogant , ignorant deluded political ******************************s .
Ok so what do they manufacture? Where?

And (I know it's 'probably' a leftie rag from your perspective) the guardian says over 1/2 of the UKs food is sourced from abroad, so there's going to be some mega reclaiming of land, for food... Or the Uk is going to continue to buy food from abroad, at increasing prices, if the pound continues to fall.

Services, mean things like call centers? Many of those have already been moved off shore (not UK), but this is one area where they could start competing with the India's of this world, assuming the pound drops enough to compete. But wages well have to drop to suit of course..

Truth.ie

NO.

One has to confront the lies of UKIP and liars like Johnson.
As opposed to the lies of the Remainians?
"Economy will collapse". "Tens of thousands of jobs will be lost". "Irish will need a visa to go to England"......and lets not forget the biggest doozy, "Peace process will collapse"

Peppermint

Ah here for godsake that a load of shyte . The other thing is they have loads of land , farmers are as entrepreneurial as any other , and will fill that small vaccum rapid .
They manufacture so stop this that they don't , they sell services from finance to accountancy software , online shyte etc etc .
if the pound continues to fall and the fooking clowns in Europe tariff the uk they will still be cheap .
Europe think they can fook British business they can't and won't , they are arrogant , ignorant deluded political ******************************s .

AGAIN
What DO THEY MANUFACTURE?

Name some big products manufactured in the UK? Name some lesser ones even?
The likes of Dyson, one of the best possibilities for home grown manufacturing, moved abroad years ago.
There is some very basic assembly going on in the UK currently, but true manufacturing companies are few and far between.

But , you say I'm wrong, so tell me who and where?

And you have NOT got loads of land for farming, where is this land?

50% plus is not a small vacuum, it's a doubling plus more of current output!

Maybe you should go read back on the WW2 years? Even more land was available then, but still the uk had to introduce extreme rations, while depending on food from loads of external sources, including Ireland...

Yes you sell services, which are people intensive. And the UK can hang on to some, all, or virtually none of these, depending on what kind of country it becomes..

Pabilito

As opposed to the lies of the Remainians?
"Economy will collapse". "Tens of thousands of jobs will be lost". "Irish will need a visa to go to England"......and lets not forget the biggest doozy, "Peace process will collapse"
When will Brexit begin?

Fractional Reserve

AGAIN
What DO THEY MANUFACTURE?

Name some big products manufactured in the UK? Name some lesser ones even?
The likes of Dyson, one of the best possibilities for home grown manufacturing, moved abroad years ago.
There is some very basic assembly going on in the UK currently, but true manufacturing companies are few and far between.

But , you say I'm wrong, so tell me who and where?

And you have NOT got loads of land for farming, where is this land?

50% plus is not a small vacuum, it's a doubling plus more of current output!

Maybe you should go read back on the WW2 years? Even more land was available then, but still the uk had to introduce extreme rations, while depending on food from loads of external sources, including Ireland...

Yes you sell services, which are people intensive. And the UK can hang on to some, all, or virtually none of these, depending on what kind of country it becomes..
Have you driven around the countryside in Britain loads of land ,10 times more than is needed.
Here have a gander
UK Manufacturing Statistics

You think the Brits are going to fall on their knee begging to get back into the Merkel / Brussels fooking hellhole created in Europe
The Brits are resilient and they won't be found wanting

Last edited:

Dub01

Have you driven around the countryside in Britain loads of land ,10 times more than is needed.
Here have a gander

You think the Brits are going to fall on their knee begging to get back into a fooking the hellhole created in Europe
Brits are soft in my opinion. They may have been tough during the war, but that was a long time ago.

Modern Brits will fold if their smartphone loses connectivity for five minutes. They won`t stand a chance if things actually get tough.

Fractional Reserve

Brits are soft in my opinion. They may have been tough during the war, but that was a long time ago.

Modern Brits will fold if their smartphone loses connectivity for five minutes. They won`t stand a chance if things actually get tough.
As you say that's you're opinion , mine is that the ones I was involved with in business are straight , pragmatic , honest people and good problem solvers

Dub01

Here have a gander

You think the Brits are going to fall on their knee begging to get back into the Merkel / Brussels fooking hellhole created in Europe
I thought land in England was scarce? Oh, you are including Scotland i presume.

The Scots will be gone within ten years, so agricultural land in England is fairly small.

Dub01

As you say that's you're opinion , mine is that the ones I was involved with in business are straight , pragmatic , honest people and good problem solvers
A pity these pragmatic, honest, problem solving Brits weren`t around when their country was screwing Ireland into the ground..

Peppermint

Here have a gander

They don't have to go begging to anyone, nobody is asking them to, some people in the uk need to get a grip though, and you sound like one of them. You are fighting stupid battles, long since made useless. But hey if it makes you feel better, keep charging at those windmills...

And yes I have driven around many parts of the UK, there is lots of land, but it also has one of the biggest populations / acre of many countries in the world.
The UK is in no way geared up to support it's current 64.1million (2013) from it's own land, if you really think this is even feasible, well you need to stop smoking whatever it is you are currently on. What do you suggest the UK diet becomes?

Re your manufacturing 'statistics'. This comes from a site called themanufacturer.com, which I might suggest is hardly an independent source?
But non the less lets use them, UK 'Manufacturing' employs 2.6M people. Now it doesn't define manufacturing, which I believe much of it is basic assembly, putting together parts manufactured in other countries.

Now the UK workforce is in or around 30M, so less than a 10th of the population are involved in manufacturing, as you choose to describe it.

I say it's much less than that, as many of these 'manufacturing' jobs, are nothing more than final assembly, monkey see, monkey do, level..

All is good.. But don't bother sending me your CV...

Fractional Reserve

Let get real as you say , there are major problems in Europe , from , immigration , banks ,currency , indebtness , unemployment Brussels , the whole place is slowing up .They Brits IMO have done the right thing they are getting away from centralisation , they have their own currency , the have a population that demands , there are also have exporters in Europe that will demand that the uk are looked upon favourably , it's called business.
They don't have to go begging to anyone, nobody is asking them to, some people in the uk need to get a grip though, and you sound like one of them. You are fighting stupid battles, long since made useless. But hey if it makes you feel better, keep charging at those windmills...

And yes I have driven around many parts of the UK, there is lots of land, but it also has one of the biggest populations / acre of many countries in the world.
The UK is in no way geared up to support it's current 64.1million (2013) from it's own land, if you really think this is even feasible, well you need to stop smoking whatever it is you are currently on. What do you suggest the UK diet becomes?

Re your manufacturing 'statistics'. This comes from a site called themanufacturer.com, which I might suggest is hardly an independent source?
But non the less lets use them, UK 'Manufacturing' employs 2.6M people. Now it doesn't define manufacturing, which I believe much of it is basic assembly, putting together parts manufactured in other countries.

Now the UK workforce is in or around 30M, so less than a 10th of the population are involved in manufacturing, as you choose to describe it.

I say it's much less than that, as many of these 'manufacturing' jobs, are nothing more than final assembly, monkey see, monkey do, level..

All is good.. But don't bother sending me your CV...

olli rehn

The Roman Empire
Charlemagne's Empire
The Catholic Medieval Empire
Napoleon's Empire
Hitler's Empire

all failed to stick together and to control all the Continent from the centre , as will the EU. Get over it.

scrap the Euro. Bring back the Punt.
British Empire....ey, wait a second.....

Peppermint

Let get real as you say , there are major problems in Europe , from , immigration , banks ,currency , indebtness , unemployment Brussels , the whole place is slowing up .They Brits IMO have done the right thing they are getting away from centralisation , they have their own currency , the have a population that demands , there are also have exporters in Europe that will demand that the uk are looked upon favourably , it's called business.
Well I don't know if you've ever done business anywhere, with anyone? And chances are with that attitude, you'll never be asked to...

But good luck with your future endeavors..

Fractional Reserve

Well I don't know if you've ever done business anywhere, with anyone? And chances are with that attitude, you'll never be asked to...

But good luck with your future endeavors..
I have bought and sold , traded all over the world ,a lot of years , have you ?
Have had a pain in my hole with tariffs , quotas , c&e , clearing ,incoterms l/cs Boe,s etc etc

Last edited:

EUrJokingMeRight

Clearly JOhnson is correct. Europe is NOT the EU and the EU is by no means Europe.

Europe will still be here long after the EU has disintegrated.

Europe is Good. EU is bad.

Simples.

EUrJokingMeRight

Clearly JOhnson is correct. Europe is NOT the EU and the EU is by no means Europe.

Europe will still be here long after the EU has disintegrated.

Europe is Good. EU is bad.

Simples.
Also most Europeans do not support the EU.

Top Bottom