I cannot stress too much that Britain is part of Europe, and always will be - Boris Johnson

Peppermint

I have bought and sold , traded all over the world ,a lot of years , have you ?
Have had a pain in my hole with tariffs , quotas , c&e , clearing ,incoterms l/cs Boe,s etc etc
Well I've actually manufactured something, admittedly on a very small scale, but, I've actually produced goods!

So throw your shed load of meaningless letters/words at someone else..

What have you bought and sold?

Ardillaun

Europe is an Asian peninsula of declining significance to the world. The people there will have to work together to protect themselves. Given what we are hearing stateside these days, I wouldn't be relying on NATO or the kindness of strangers generally to get that done.

Mad as Fish

A pity these pragmatic, honest, problem solving Brits weren`t around when their country was screwing Ireland into the ground..
The nobility of England was busy screwing everybody into the ground including their own countrymen. They didnt reserve starvation and exploitation specially for Ireland, they practiced well at home first.

It is also rather odd that posters admonish the English for being absolute b'stards while there are Irish on here urging the government to let the unemployed starve.

Last edited:

Mad as Fish

Ok so what do they manufacture? Where?

And (I know it's 'probably' a leftie rag from your perspective) the guardian says over 1/2 of the UKs food is sourced from abroad, so there's going to be some mega reclaiming of land, for food... Or the Uk is going to continue to buy food from abroad, at increasing prices, if the pound continues to fall.

Services, mean things like call centers? Many of those have already been moved off shore (not UK), but this is one area where they could start competing with the India's of this world, assuming the pound drops enough to compete. But wages well have to drop to suit of course..
Airbus wings, Land Rovers (but no longer the Defender) Rolls Royce engines, New Holland/Case tractors and plenty of other farm machinery, F1 Cars, Triumph motorcycles, Cummins engines, Nissan cars, Toyota cars, JCB construction equipment, BMW minis, No end of weapon manufacturers (Thatcher looked after that industry if no others), Heinz baked beans, Alpen Muesli.....

Shall I go on?

Clanrickard

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Boris is horrible because he pushed Brexit which is a disaster! The Sky is falling in! Think of the children! *yawn*. Leave won get over it.
Brexit is a disaster. Even before Britain leaves the EU. Much of the political fault has landed on Boris's ample lap. Get over it.

locke

Leave won get over it.
Remain won in the 70s. The Brexiters never got over it. Most people just went along, but a small group kept plugging away until they got their referendum. Given the age profile of Remain voters, I would strongly suspect we will see similar. But if they do decide to go back in, it will be full EU, with Schengen and the Euro.

Hunter-Gatherer

Remain won in the 70s. The Brexiters never got over it. Most people just went along, but a small group kept plugging away until they got their referendum. Given the age profile of Remain voters, I would strongly suspect we will see similar. But if they do decide to go back in, it will be full EU, with Schengen and the Euro.
ever seen the way the Romans treated british slaves working down their silver mines ? Merkel and Draghi would love to do the same.

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates
If they are lucky. Once bitten, twice shy, blah, blah, blah. Memories will still be fresh in 2036 when they are knocking on the door trying to get back in. Wonder will the EU have the gumption then to say: sorry, we don't take in Third World economies.

As for the OP itself ... where the fook did Johnson want to bring the UK? ... tow it out to the mid Atlantic??? Gobshyte!

Last edited:

Jack O Neill

ever seen the way the Romans treated british slaves working down their silver mines ? Merkel and Draghi would love to do the same.

really , you saw it ? , lot to be said for the hunter gatherer lifestyle you must be a couple thousand years old at least .

Clanrickard

Brexit is a disaster. Even before Britain leaves the EU. Much of the political fault has landed on Boris's ample lap. Get over it.
You Europhiles are hurting aren't you?

That's fine. If there is a referendum and they go back in that will be the decision. Nothing is written in stone.

Clanrickard

If they are lucky. Once bitten, twice shy, blah, blah, blah. Memories will still be fresh in 2036 when they are knocking on the door trying to get back in. Wonder will the EU have the gumption then to say: sorry, we don't take in Third Word economies.
As for the OP itself ... where the fook did Johnson want to bring the UK? ... tow it out to the mid Atlantic??? Gobshyte!
You should ask the Greeks and Portuguese about third world economies.

Jack O Neill

You should ask the Greeks and Portuguese about third world economies.
No need to travel that far . Perhaps you should ask your own pensioners about it , they are certainly experiencing 3rd world type conditions . 40% of UK retires have debts of £35000 or more , 15% have debts over £100,000 , and that is before you fjuked up your economy with the old longing for days of empire malarkey . Anyway your out , start building your walls , Scotland first .

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
If the referendum doesn't happen before the actual Brexit, then that'll be the only option available.

I think the Tory remainers are hoping that project reality works better than project fear, and that its effect on public opinion will be fast-working enough to allow a snap referendum before the point of no return.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom