• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

I DEMAND an apology from the Sindo!!

TheBear

(Ok, before people get huffy with me, we get the paper in work; I neither went with nor against your boycott.)

On page 18 of the main section of the Sindo today (30th October), there was an article about Leviathan and the way to bag intelligent boys.

In this article, it was said that I have met 32CountyRepublic. This is a bald-faced lie! I demand restitution!

The next sentence said something about a Shinner hooking up with a PDer. Not only does this imply that I would sleep with a Shinner (ewwwww...), but horror of horrors: it implies that I'm a PDer! :shock2:

Such sloppy journalism is unacceptable. This wrong must be righted. I demand satisfaction.

martin TYRONE

BEAR,

did they say anything about me or my boycott campaign.

DOD

RBinge

I brought the Sindo today in a fit of Marxism.

Groucho Marxism.

"Whatever it is, I'm against it"

Good plug indirectly for p.ie BTW. Remember, my more right-on fellow posters, all publicity is good publicity.

green

Website
www.younggreens.ie
:x

After an extensive trawl of the Membership list, I have ascertained to my satisfaction that there is no such user as 32CountyRepublic.

Shoddy Sindo reporting!

DOD

I don't remember a 32 county republic guy on this site.

The whole thing is interesting though. Is intelligence really that attractive?

martin TYRONE

sue them Bear.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
TheBear said:
(Ok, before people get huffy with me, we get the paper in work; I neither went with nor against your boycott.)

On page 18 of the main section of the Sindo today (30th October), there was an article about Leviathan and the way to bag intelligent boys.

In this article, it was said that I have met 32CountyRepublic. This is a bald-faced lie! I demand restitution!

The next sentence said something about a Shinner hooking up with a PDer. Not only does this imply that I would sleep with a Shinner (ewwwww...), but horror of horrors: it implies that I'm a PDer! :shock2:

Such sloppy journalism is unacceptable. This wrong must be righted. I demand satisfaction.
Dear Bear,

It was with shock and incredulity that I read this post. Do you have any idea what it has done to me this Sunday evening.

I have spent months preparing the finest Tipperary poteen...

I have spents months roving on cold dark nights, recceing local Protestant Cathedrals....

All in preparation for next St Patricks Day...

And you spurn me like this... in public ... using the tawdry pages of the Sindo to reveal you duplicity....

I shall never trust again

Heartbrokenly yours

RoC

martin TYRONE

Rock,

this is a matter of honour--you have been publicly insulted and must chalenge him to a duel by internet chess--thats how all these matters are settled on Slugger o Toole and not a bad idea either

Trojanhorse

Ah Bear I am in totally disgust with You!!!

How dare the Sindo!!

I mean sleep with a shinner,.......EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

WHO in their right mind would do that ................

I have shivers down my spine!!!

geraghd

Can anyone post an abstract from the article, cause like many other I presume, I dont have access to it online and dont buy the Sindo anymore..

DOD

Trojanhorse said:
Ah Bear I am in totally disgust with You!!!

How dare the Sindo!!

I mean sleep with a shinner,.......EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

WHO in their right mind would do that ................

I have shivers down my spine!!!
Don't knock it until you've tried it TH :wink:

DOD

It raises an interesting point though. Is intelligence really that attractive? How can one define it?

mbari hogun

geraghd said:
Can anyone post an abstract from the article, cause like many other I presume, I dont have access to it online and dont buy the Sindo anymore..
I use www.bugmenot.com to get around that registration stuff. Try it out.

badinage

The article is written by Carol Hunt, but the allegations in question are made by someone called Naoise Nunn, who seems to be involved in the running of the Leviathan events.

Paul Trainer, of the Dubliner , says that he is constantly being emailed the day after an [Leviathan] event by ambitious lotharios requesting the telephone numbers of young ladies who have impressed them with their wit and charm.
I wonder if that's totally made up as well.

geraghd

cheers for that mbari hogun! How does that site work?? Anyways is it just me or is that article (and many similar ones, for eg the one in the Sat Indo magazine of blogging) slightly blown out of proportion or is it just my sudden realisation of journalism?..

campbeca

I'm expecting great things on the female front at the next leviathan after that article. I intend to live up to my, albeit self-attributed, title of the most verile man in the YPDs

badinage

Indeed, its time I started living a social life that "can be summed up in three words: beef or salmon!", just like Gorgeous PR guru Sinead Ryan's.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies