I DEMAND an apology from the Sindo!!

Seabird

smiffy,

This is entirely off subject but I like your signature! -Yes very nice.

Seabird

Oh smiffy. . . :(

Pidge

smiffy said:
Seabird said:
smiffy,

This is entirely off subject but I like your signature! -Yes very nice.
Note the quotation marks, though.
:?: :?: :?:
I did a Google search and all that quote turned up was two or three of your signatures.

Pidge

smiffy said:
Pidge said:
:?: :?: :?:
I did a Google search and all that quote turned up was two or three of your signatures.
It's one of jjacollins' masterpieces. Possibly the funniest thing I've read on here in a long time. Unfortunately I can't remember the exact thread. :(
It's genius! The thread is here by the way - on the first page, roughly in the middle.

shiel

Another example of an early media thread on p.ie.

That was in the middle of the Celtic tiger.

Fall Girl

I remember nearly everyone on this thread posting regularly, and they're all gone (apart from RoC) - three or four left in the same month, September 2008.
Was it something you said? :)

Seriously though, did they explain why or just fade away?

Socratus O' Pericles

Is this the new thing now,is it?

Was it something you said? :)

Seriously though, did they explain why or just fade away?
No, most just stopped dead without explanation, or kind of faded from posting (The Bear was a mod here, she just kind of phased out about three years ago). Many FF/PD posters stopped dead on the night of the bank crisis in September 2008, we pretty much woke up that morning with a different site from the night before. Others, I imagine, just came to the end of their forum life cycle, the novelty wearing off.

I was looking at when they all stopped, and it brought me to the thread on the sad passing of padraig, a former mod here and an absolute gent (he spent day and night working on the Politics.ie wiki page, and loved this site). I looked at the date and was shocked that it was six years ago last May... http://www.politics.ie/forum/feedback/29273-padraig-rip.html

Socratus O' Pericles

Munnkey and Cato have been up on shiel's roof again interfering with the Internet antenna. Threads from the 70's are appearing on the "What's New" page.
I wonder could some tekkie person find the first ever thread started by a civilian on P.ie and then bump it with the word breaking before the OP title?

Where is H.R. Haldeman by the way? Has he gotten religion.:lol:

shiel

Munnkey and Cato have been up on shiel's roof again interfering with the Internet antenna. Threads from the 70's are appearing on the "What's New" page.
The powers that be were bankrupting the country when this thread was started.

All we got on this thread, however, was trivia.

Drawing attention to the fact now gets the same trivial response.

D

Deleted member 48908

I wonder could some tekkie person find the first ever thread started by a civilian on P.ie and then bump it with the word breaking before the OP title?

Where is H.R. Haldeman by the way? Has he gotten religion.:lol:
HR is off furiously destroying Lois Lerner's hard drives, and plotting to blow up server farms in Iowa.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom