• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Conor_Myers

Geldof did great work to feed the starving back in the day - unfortunately he has been dining out on it ever since.
This latest stunt is another sad instalment in the decline of an increasingly irrelevant prat - he'll soon be in competition with Sinead O'Connor.

mac tíre

Jaysus Bridgey, ye must be delighted with the way this thread is going.

First rule of the Geldof Club is don't mention Geldof to Irish people.

Mercurial

“This is just typical Sinn Fein nonsense. I wish they’d focus on the problems to hand and the issues to hand, rather than going back 100 years to some non-sequitur that has nothing to do with Aung San Suu Kyi.”
You don't have to go back 100 years to find examples of British imperialism.

Hewson

Sinn Fein nonsense - these are the people who claim expenses and salaries from Westminster.

They don't seem to have a problem with that.
Hypocrisy is rife in politics everywhere but Sinn Fein have perfected it to a fine art. As you say, the same bums who gave us the Remembrance Day slaughter in Enniskillen are happy to pocket the Queen's shilling for doing nothing to earn it.

The big problem in Ireland for people like Geldof is that the little army of bum-squeaking whingers (quite a few are here) who never do anything worthwhile themselves are more than happy to run down anybody who actually does.

It's a national disability.

Nordie Northsider

Hypocrisy is rife in politics everywhere but Sinn Fein have perfected it to a fine art. As you say, the same bums who gave us the Remembrance Day slaughter in Enniskillen are happy to pocket the Queen's shilling for doing nothing to earn it.

The big problem in Ireland for people like Geldof is that the little army of bum-squeaking whingers (quite a few are here) who never do anything worthwhile themselves are more than happy to run down anybody who actually does.

Sinn Féin aren't the only people to regard Sir Bob as a bit of a tool.

Strawberry

You'll find Geldof is not that well liked in his beloved Britain either. People - whether Irish or British - don't like being spoken down to by an arrogant, tax dodging hypocrite.

Hewson

You'll find Geldof is not that well liked in his beloved Britain either. People - whether Irish or British - don't like being spoken down to by an arrogant, tax dodging hypocrite.
I've never heard him talking down to anybody anywhere. He speaks his mind in an articulate way and for every Shinner who's bothered by what he stands for there's a dozen establishment figures who dislike it even more.

The Irish need to grow up.

Strawberry

I've never heard him talking down to anybody anywhere. He speaks his mind in an articulate way and for every Shinner who's bothered by what he stands for there's a dozen establishment figures who dislike it even more.

The Irish need to grow up.
*snort*

You have the self awareness of a ....well, an over pampered celebrity actually. Who the heck do you think you are telling an entire nation to grow up? Grow up yourself, you pompous w@nker.

Hewson

*snort*

You have the self awareness of a ....well, an over pampered celebrity actually. Who the heck do you think you are telling an entire nation to grow up? Grow up yourself, you pompous w@nker.
Case dismissed.

Conor

I can't help liking Bob, and I don't know whether he's right on this or not, but he's keeping attention on Burma/Myanmar.
I was just thinking the same. Maybe he could organise "Rohingya Aid" next. Is it too late to put together a catchy Christmas no. 1?

mac tíre

Doffing our caps to a rich, motor mouthed celebrity hypocrite would be.

My antipathy to him is not based on party politics.

tribade

Geldof did great work to feed the starving back in the day - unfortunately he has been dining out on it ever since.
This latest stunt is another sad instalment in the decline of an increasingly irrelevant prat - he'll soon be in competition with Sinead O'Connor.
No he didn't, he removed a lot fools from their money and perpetuated the misery of the Ethiopian people whilst rubbing shoulders with a dictator.

https://www.spin.com/featured/live-aid-the-terrible-truth-ethiopia-bob-geldof-feature/

Franzoni

If i see his sheep on the green i'm keeping them....

No paperwork....no dice....

Mick Mac

Tell me why I don't like virtue signalling tell me why

InsideImDancing

SF.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom