I don't think it was optics from the IMF!

spidermom

I saw some of the coverage of the IMF lads walking from their hotel on Merrion St to the central bank on the various news programmes today.
YES...walking...not in Mercs...not with gardai drivers OR security 24/7.The Tv cameras followed them all the way...past Anglo et al. They stopped outside Stephens Green shopping centre and texted the missus(I'm making that bit up)....

Now I live around the corner from an ex taoiseach, who often trundles down on shanks mare to the local supermarket and yet has a 24/7 gardai presence outside his house...!!

What a remarkable nation we live in?????...:(

ne0ica

I saw some of the coverage of the IMF lads walking from their hotel on Merrion St to the central bank on the various news programmes today.
YES...walking...not in Mercs...not with gardai drivers OR security 24/7.The Tv cameras followed them all the way...past Anglo et al. They stopped outside Stephens Green shopping centre and texted the missus(I'm making that bit up)....

Now I live around the corner from an ex taoiseach, who often trundles down on shanks mare to the local supermarket and yet has a 24/7 gardai presence outside his house...!!

What a remarkable nation we live in?????...:(
Spidermon, a former Italian PM was kidnapped and murdered by Red Brigade in Italy back in the 70's.

spidermom

Spidermon, a former Italian PM was kidnapped and murdered by Red Brigade in Italy back in the 70's.
Have to say...irrelevant to us...!!

SKELLY

Also noticed that they shared a taxi back to the hotel after their meetings in the central bank!

A taxi! imagine a FF TD getting a taxi! now that would be a strange day!!

Cato

Are you suggesting that we withdraw Da Bert's protection and see what happens? Seems a little nasty, even for you.

jpc

The IMF executives are doing a job.
FF and the Greens were on a power trip that is the difference and the reason we are ruined.

jpc

Are you suggesting that we withdraw Da Bert's protection and see what happens? Seems a little nasty, even for you.
So its your contention de Bert is in need of 24 hr protection at this point in time?
The lula's are gathering

spidermom

The IMF executives are doing a job.
FF and the Greens were on a power trip that is the difference and the reason we are ruined.
Completely agree!!!!

Cato

So its your contention de Bert is in need of 24 hr protection at this point in time?
The lula's are gathering
No, not at all. I was asking a question, hence the '?' at the end of the sentence. I'm surprised you didn't learn this kind of thing in school.

Personally, I'd be in favour of a referendum banning de Bert from ever holding any public office or state position ever again, withdrawing his pension, refusing him all welfare benefits, tax reliefs and credits, and withdrawing his car and his protection.

hmmm

For the sake of taxi drivers all over Ireland, I hope he gave them a printed receipt :)

Expose the lot of them

I noticed that myself, wonder did any of the FFers and vegs take note. By the way where are the greens, Ryan was waffling on Newstalk this morning but very subdued, sounded like he was really tired of reading the set script and knew the end was in sight.

New Threads

Most Replies