• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

I had a stag night worthy of the Pope JP II!!

Mountaintop

Odd little article in the times and herald..

How young people of Ireland can party in the Popemobile - News, Frontpage - Herald.ie

Those of a certain vintage will remember the 'popemobile'....the bulletproof vehicle used to transport the Pope around Dublin en route to mass in the phoenix park.

Now, it seems, it'll be available for hire for hen/stag nights or corporate functions.

I think this is bizarre. I don't see the attraction. Secondly, I'm a man of no particular faith but I could understand why those of a catholic persuasion might find this at worst 'insulting' and at best 'uber-tacky',

Am I being overly sensitive?

Bea C

It's a fairly stupid idea: it shouldn't involve pi$$ed slappers with inflatable body parts anyway.
(PS Mountaintop, has a certain other thread disappeared?)

Rural

How young people of Ireland can party in the Popemobile - News, Frontpage - Herald.ie

Those of a certain vintage will remember the 'popemobile'....the bulletproof vehicle used to transport the Pope around Dublin en route to mass in the phoenix park.

Now, it seems, it'll be available for hire for hen/stag nights or corporate functions.

I think this is bizarre. I don't see the attraction. Secondly, I'm a man of no particular faith but I could understand why those of a catholic persuasion might find this at worst 'insulting' and at best 'uber-tacky',

Thought they were using it already for traveller weddings in Limerick.:)

Mountaintop

Agree Bea....(and yes, would've caused several issues if left open I suspect)

ruserious

Turn into a whore window like in Amsterdam that spins around Dublin. Hop on if you want the ride, only catch, everyone can see. :lol:

councilkid

Now, that's faith in action for you.. :)

The chap who owns it was on the radio this morning. I thought it sounded pretty odd personally.

Bea C

Agree Bea....(and yes, would've caused several issues if left open I suspect)
Why, did it turn nasty?
As opposed to how pleasant and positive it was...
Anyway, back to custom-made Ford vehicles, it was a forward-looking invention!
Well, not just forward-looking, sideways-looking, backways-looking, etc

Mountaintop

Now, that's faith in action for you.. :)

The chap who owns it was on the radio this morning. I thought it sounded pretty odd personally.
Was previously owned by Former Senator Donie Cassidy.....oddly, I don't find that as surprising as I should...

EvotingMachine0197

Why, did it turn nasty?
As opposed to how pleasant and positive it was...
Anyway, back to custom-made Ford vehicles, it was a forward-looking invention!
Well, not just forward-looking, sideways-looking, backways-looking, etc
All seeing ?

pippakin

How big is the thing? Is it stationary for the party or does it do a sort of papal pub crawl? I can't see the point.

'orebel

Mr Dunning said that they would be "selective" about who it is rented out to and that he would like to develop the transport system as a "hopemobile" to travel around the country, building a collection of stories of local heroes.

The revamped Popemobile will hit the road tomorrow when it is showcased alongside the latest wax statues of Jedward at the Wax Museum on Dame Street.
I see he's keeping it classy.