"I may not stand in next election" - Lucinda Creighton tells Una Mullally in Tribune

spotty

So she tells Una Mullally in the Sunday Tribune tomorrow. Spotty is your primary source for breaking FG news. He's on his mobile, though, so can't post links. Discussion on twitter, and confirmation to me from Turbine journo.

<David Cochrane>
Spotty is mistaken here, the main news piece says that Deputy Creighton has not decided whether to run in the next election, and doesn't mention Enda Kenny at all. This simply doesn't represent the article or the interview, so I've amended the title accordingly. </David Cochrane>

wombat

So she tells Una Mullally in the Sunday Tribune tomorrow. Spotty is your primary source for breaking FG news. He's on his mobile, though, so can't post links. Discussion on twitter, and confirmation to me from Turbine journo.
That was a rather short political career, another woman retires from Dáil:lol:

rubensni

Good. I think Enda's useless, but it would be worth him hanging around so we can see the end of her and her pointless opinions.

jackryan

Interesting! She sure is a trouble maker! FG should let her swing, Even if Enda is not a great leader he was given a vote of confidence! What's the betting that if the next leader doesn't give her what she wanted she'd still be throwing the toys out of the pram!

biteback

Could she run as an Indo? Be interesting as Inda would be most disliked in her constituency above all others so a strong statement like this may damage her internally in the party but endorse her to those who loath the country and western, dinner in the daytime FG types.

johnfás

I wouldn't put Creighton on the ticket if I were the leader of Fine Gael. She is an utter moaner without a huge amount to offer, despite her rather inflated ego.

galleyslave

so FF are universally hated and now FG are committing political suicide every week. dear god, are we screwed... who's left if you'll pardon the pun

Boy M5

Glad to see the Indo's call for national unity has worked...

wombat

He3

so FF are universally hated and now FG are committing political suicide every week. dear god, are we screwed... who's left if you'll pardon the pun
lose enda or lucinda

flavirostris

bear in mind that the OP is a wind-up merchant..

jackryan

Could she run as an Indo? Be interesting as Inda would be most disliked in her constituency above all others so a strong statement like this may damage her internally in the party but endorse her to those who loath the country and western, dinner in the daytime FG types.
Don't know if too many FGers would walk with her! And its not really a Indo kinda constituency? She might find it difficult to mount an effective campaign and the shadow of McDowell hangs over everything! Any chance she might move back to Mayo? would that not be interesting (only joking of course)!

wombat

Tin Foil Hat

I'm sure Enda will be considering his position now. :D

She's a loud mouthed, trouble making, nobody with a sense of entitlement to a senior position after a mere three years in the Dáil.
If she didn't fit a certain demographic - the young Dublin female - we wouldn't even know her name. Good riddance.

spotty

This isn't a wind-up, to be fair. I'm not even talking in overblown churchillian rhetoric. See?

oceanclub

Website
oceanclub.blogspot.com
Can anyone point out a single positive thing that Creighton has brought to politics? She appeared on the scene as some kind of Thatcher-lite, and proceeded to emanate a whining sound for the last number of years.

P.

punchdrunk

Well Spotty old boy you have missed the main headlines on tomorrow's papers doing the rounds on the net. They feature in the Tribune, Sunday Times, Sunday Business Post and the Sindo and concern Enda Kenny. If they are to be believed his days are numbered.

baldur0300

I just love FG. Best opposition party ever.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies