"I may not stand in next election" - Lucinda Creighton tells Una Mullally in Tribune

wombat

Don't know if too many FGers would walk with her! And its not really a Indo kinda constituency?
From what I hear, she is likely to be overshadowed by her running mate and if FG are weak & Labour strong, there is probably only one seat between them

Cato

Well Spotty old boy you have missed the main headlines on tomorrow's papers doing the rounds on the net. They feature in the Tribune, Sunday Times, Sunday Business Post and the Sindo and concern Enda Kenny. If they are to be believed his days are numbered.
Do share. What are they saying?

flavirostris

I just love FG. Best opposition party ever.
Have your fun while you can. Your party will be consigned to the skip of history in the next election

dent

Staggering, if true.

baldur0300

From what I hear, she is likely to be overshadowed by her running mate and if FG are weak & Labour strong, there is probably only one seat between them
If FG is looking to become the largest party in the State, it would have to be winning two in DSE. . . but cometh the hour, cometh the woman

Tin Foil Hat

Staggering, if true.
If I'm not mistaken, she has stated in the past that she would not stand again unless she is promised a front bench position.
The OP may not be true, but it is certainly credible.

sport02

Until Fine Gael do the right thing, and replace Enda, we will have similar things in the public domain,and mutterings.
This is going to diminish FG, credibility, all this playng into Labour, and some extent FF hands.
Not good for Fine Gael.

galleyslave

ff must be laughing. the most credible alternative is losing credibility. better the devil you know and all that..

punchdrunk

Do share. What are they saying?
If the rumours on the net are to be believed they are saying that he has lost some of his Summer supporters. The SundayTimes and the Sunday Business Post say the party wants him to resign. The Tribune believes that he will be gone in a week . The Sindo expects he will be gone in two weeks. Dont know if this is true.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
After her comments on developers the decision was made to throw her under a bus(and if Richard Bruton takes over he won't rescue her)

She is a silly politician, but not without some significant popularity - and she is positioning for a long term, populist battle

Her action now continues the news cycle on the question of Kenny's leadership. There's too many battles for FG to fight without having to constantly protect a weak leader.

cYp

baldur0300

Have your fun while you can. Your party will be consigned to the skip of history in the next election
Well considering that FF are currently polling at the same level as FG, I'm not too worried about any immediate extinction ... now if a competent opposition party were to suddenly appear, it might be a different story ... but what are the chances of that!?!

beamish2010

L.Creighton...Another overpaid prima donna who thinks she's Gods gift to the world...

Tin Foil Hat

If the rumours on the net are to be believed they are saying that he has lost some of his Summer supporters. The SundayTimes and the Sunday Business Post say the party wants him to resign. The Tribune believes that he will be gone in a week . The Sindo expects he will be gone in two weeks. Dont know if this is true.
Enda Kenny really, really, really wants to be Taoiseach. He will have to be dragged kicking and screaming from the leadership position. I can't see him standing down, and it's too soon for another move on him.

deiseguy

a sense of entitlement to a senior position after (insert appropriate length of time) in the Dáil.
This is one of the biggest problems with our political system. Some people should be in senior positions within 3 minutes of entering the dail some should never be in senior positions should they be there for 30 years. Time served has absolutely nothing to do with ability to do any job especially in government. If she is good enough so be it if not tell her publicly and put an end to the BS.

New Threads

Most Replies